Hamilton Ohio

lesleygalaxy

Aug 23, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Maybe there is more buried on the property
Screenshot (16).png

The Washington times. (Washington [D.C.]) 1902-1939, January 16, 1905, Evening, Image 1 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My memory of Hamilton from a post I did three years ago:
. In the town of Hamilton, Ohio (just north of Cincy) there was a place called Spatz Show Bar (I think I had a day of mourning years ago after I had heard it burned down). Anyway, back in the day (late 50s and early 60s) this was The place for THAT kind of music. Why this place had a special allure to big names at the time (still big names today !!l) I don't know, but they all came. How about Bo Diddley and his band, La Verne Baker, the Cadillacs --and some guy named Chuck Berry--THE Chuck Berry. Throw in Hank Ballard and the Midnighters and several others and you can quickly get the idea. This place was hot. It's too bad so many of these people are either gone or inactive; thankfully, their music and their filmed or taped acts remain. And, for sure, I was most fortunate to be there; "The 54" Ballroom in LA, Spatz's in Hamilton, and the Apollo in NYC (during the Alan Freed era).
Don...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread