Ohio Legends of Treasure

pickaback

Jul 12, 2005
PA
I am not an expert by any means, but I do know ships sank in the Great Lakes (remember the song, the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald?) I recall years ago reading a story about a ship that was in a storm on Lake Erie. In the storm, the ship's captain mistook the lights of the former Avon Lake amusement park to be a lighthouse. It sank off somewhere off the coast of the town. I suppose it has been explored since then, though. Might be worth researching, tho.
p

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
(YES) There's Treasure's in all states, everywhere! ------- You have to get off your duff and talk to people. Like older family members to start. You might be surprised as to what you find out! Then you must do your own research. If you can't or won't do this???? --- Stay with coin shooting! Both are 2 different things.

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
There is one ive known about sense i was a little kid. An Army payroll from the War of 1812 is cached somewhere Fort Finley.

That fort was located in Findlay Ohio where Main st. crosses over the Blanchard river. There is a monument constructed there to show you were it sat. I remember back in the 70's my father bought me and my brother a MD to share, our heads were filled with dreams of recovering this lost cache. I retire here in acouple of months and returning to Findlay, if any of you are interested in doing alittle MD in N/W Ohio with me, send me an email.

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Forgot to mention, my parants home is lot number 75 in Findlay, The first deed was within the first ten years of the 1800's (i've seen them myself, just cant remember the date), so there house was built I imagine in the late 1700's. This part of Ohio (N/W corner) has alot of history, from Fort Finley to the oil boom.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions