WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
[h=4]Preble County – Eaton, OH : Although there isn’t much info online about it, there’s a hidden treasure story near Eaton. The Bridge family hid a pot of gold worth an unknown amount on or near their property. There’s also reportedly a massacre that goes along with the legend, but we haven’t found more info on it yet.[/h]

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
West side of old Fort ST. Clair, an iron pot of gold buried by a Bridge family member during the Indian War's in the 1790's.

OP
OP
Bmorgan3

Bmorgan3

Nov 12, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I went to the local library here and they had a whole folder on the bridge family but it doesn't tell any address see I heard the story from my bosses and they told me that they heard the story back in the 90s when they bought they're property in preble county but the story I got from them is alot different. From the one I've read and heard recently

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks I went to the local library here and they had a whole folder on the bridge family but it doesn't tell any address see I heard the story from my bosses and they told me that they heard the story back in the 90s when they bought they're property in preble county but the story I got from them is alot different. From the one I've read and heard recently

You're welcome. It's kind of exciting. Maybe contact the Preble County Historical Society they may have old plat maps.

[h=3]Contact Information[/h] Phone Number: 937-787- 4256
Email: [email protected]

[h=3]Address[/h]7693 Swartsel Rd Eaton, OH 45320
[h=3]Office Hours[/h]Wednesday and Thursday 11am - 3pm

Please Call Ahead for Tours and Appointments

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
West side of old Fort ST. Clair, an iron pot of gold buried by a Bridge family member during the Indian War's in the 1790's.

If this information is accurate, and the fact that the Historical Society has 255 acres:

The Preble County Historical Society is a non-profit corporation organized in 1971 with the mission to promote knowledge of Preble County and to collect, preserve, display, and maintain materials and objects of all types which have historical interest and significance to Preble County.
The Preble County Historical Society is located at the intersection of three state routes (503, 122, and 725) in southeast Preble County. The Center is a 255-acre farmstead established in 1974 when Sara Swartsel conveyed her property to the Society. The property includes the following resources:

• 50 tillable acres leased for farming operations

• 11 acres of museum grounds, including a 19th century farmstead, an 1813 log house, Exhibit Hall building, an 1855 smokehouse and over six miles of hiking trails. Overall, there is 255 acres.
It may just be unattainable.

OP
OP
Bmorgan3

Bmorgan3

Nov 12, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea that's what I'm thinking too... My bosses own a property Wayne trace and 122 its said to have been a trading Post for Indians I've found axe heads and poi ts all over I've even found a few wheatys hopefully something turns

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea that's what I'm thinking too... My bosses own a property Wayne trace and 122 its said to have been a trading Post for Indians I've found axe heads and poi ts all over I've even found a few wheatys hopefully something turns

That's pretty cool. It's hard telling what you will find at an old trading post. Least ways, I wouldn't know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread