Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt
ammo_u said:
Gooner said:
ammo_u said:
There is some really good fishing to be done on Pond Creek. My uncle Perry is the foreman over Tall Grass.
Okay, you have my crappie catching attention. I fished up there when I was a kid. Also I know a story that centers the location around North Pond Creek and the general location of a stage depot.
I know my way around on the oil lease roads, having done much work in the area during the early eighties. We should get together this spring for a few excursions to the hidden valleys. I have arrowheads from there.
Yes we should. Is there not an old stage coach stop off the highway between Skiatook and Avant? I stopped by the bridge going into Pawhuska the other day to help somone fix a tire and found pink kay county chert right near the entrance to the plowed feild on the West side of the HW prior to the bridge. So you worked the oil patch. My grandfather was Charlie King who ran a lot of Robinowitzes stuff for them. There are some nice places around the Caney past the primitave camps sites. Its all close to pond creek as well. There are some really neat sites where I grew up around Canadian OK as well. That place is thick with treasure legends. I know where the old settlement graveyard is complete with transitional gravesites. Do you ever check Kaw or Middle Bird?
Of course you were right south of the Bird creek bridge. To the east a bit and downstream where it takes a northern bend is the larger site, but when I was a kid I found worked flint where Kum and Go now stands. Never explored much of the Kaw area but upper Bird has some good sites and there are trail markers on North Bird.

OP
OP
Gooner

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt
Farther up, on North Bird and above are trail markers, and across North Bird Creek near a disposal well remains the few rockpiles of a Spanish corral from the 1541 expedition. I told a few people that had the ability to secure and preserve the site but oilfield work continues to destroy it. My explanation of what an oldtimer told me and showed me was met with disbelief. So if you don't believe history and the guy before you damaged it, feel free to finish destroying it. The rockpiles were where the large posts were set.

ammo_u

Nov 25, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was stationed at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas NV before getting hurt. I found some really interseting sites about 200 miles outside of Nellis. Old silver mine stuff and a very neat habitation site. We found the only pass through this one particular set of of the mountain range that spills into a valley with the only fresh water source for miles. I could see the cat tails growing from the ridge. The place was covered with obsidien the natives had worked long ago and I found some really neat points in that area. Ill have to get some pics up some time. You need to check out Kaw on the backside I promise you wont regrete it. When hunting season is over and its safe to walk about We will have to check it out. My son is 11 and loves to go. I cant believe your site was destryoed. Same thing happened to a bluff on birch with corn grinding holes and a lot of interesting carvings. The bluff was blown up so a line could be ran through. Its a shame.

OP
OP
Gooner

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt
Charlie King sounds familiar, I drove for Osage Oil and Transportation for thirteen years and during that time we did some work for Robinowitz Oil, mostly near Barnsdall. Mac Alloway (Golden Oil,) had a lease behind a waterflood of Robinowitz's and there are Jesuit style markings throughout the area leading to a small hillside where there is a complex set of markers. Inclusions in the sandstone contain interesting nodules that are iron based. There could easily be values present, or it could just be barren iron ore of a very low grade. Only proper study of samples will tell. At least I know the location of a base camp for the prospecting operation that took place and has been lost to oblivion. Oh, and there are graves.

andy james

Sep 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
were are u located i would realy like to take my grandpa and let him get one thats all he talks about

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread