Civil War Relic Cache in Okfuskee County!

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I have recently heard a story about an incident which occurred during the Civil War in Indian Territory (Oklahoma) which if true, could lead to a large cache of civil war relics waiting for someone to find. A group of Muscogee (Creek) Indians approached authorities for the Confederate States of America and indicated they were interested in joining in the fight against the United States, and asked to be given weapons in large enough quantities to be able to go over to the offensive. The CSA agreed and promised delivery of weapons at a later date. Within a few weeks, a group of CSA soldiers delivered several crates of weapons to the Creek warriors. The Indians were soon disappointed however, because upon opening the crates the Indians discovered the crates only contained several dozen swords of every type and description, along with a few flintlock muskets in poor condition, some of which had been converted to percussion. In disgust at being given inadequate and outdated weapons the swords were broken or bent, and thrown in a pile in a ravine near the North fork of the Canadian river in present day Okfuskee County, north of the Thlopthlocco mission, where they await discovery.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone else that has heard this or a similar story for this area and time period, along with comments to, of course. While it’s not a hidden cache of gold or other valuables, to me this could be a find of a lifetime!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread