John Allens buried Silver Dollars in, near Cove Oregon.

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John Allen is said to have buried a large amount of Silver Dollars, and possibly
up to $13.000 dollars in paper money on a 174 acre farm he owned. Just West
of Cove Oregan.

The story go's that every week he would pay his help seven silver dollars from a
hoard he had buried on or near the house he had on the property.

In 1933 he withdrew $13.000 dollars from the bank and never redeposited the money.
Will that part would make sense to me. Why would he take it out of the bank to began
with. If he was going to just put it back in.

So, i think the paper money is not buried with the Silver Dollars. But, if the Silver Dollars
were found. Who knows, There could be some very rare coins in this hoard. With a high
value to them.

Have any of you ever searched for these coins. Or know anyone that has. if you would like
to share some information on this. I would like to hear it.

Clayton

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Is this John _Avery_ Allen, b. 1850, d. 1933? If so, he couldn't have spent very much of the $13,000 he alledgedly withdrew from the bank.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Did a little more research online. Found John Allen's obituary 14 Sept. 1933, reported murdered. There may be something to this lead.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Not buried on his way home. He was known to pay his hired hands $7/week for help with the summer harvest. Always in silver dollars. So he was known to have secreted an unknown amount of silver dollars nearby, as he was never gone long when he paid the hands. I don't think Clayton knew he was killed the same year he made such a substantial withdrawal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread