the location of the port orford meteorite

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Several geologists have now debunked the Port Orford meteorite as a hoax. The small remaining pieces said to have been from the original collection are strongly suspected as belonging to Imilac, Chile, South America, meteorite shower. The best current source for this data is "Smithsonian Research Reports #72, Spring, 1993. Scientists and historian debunk Port Orford, Ore., meteorite hoax" If you have not tracked this citation down, please do not proceed researching this particular legend. BTW, the Oregon Historical Society Research Library has an extensive file on Meteors and Meteorites in their Vertical File, including clippings from many newspapers and scientific papers. About 30 citations can be found on-line.

Few rocks are so well documented or studied as meteorites.

OP
OP
Y

yesifoundit

Jul 17, 2011
I find metal sphears rocks that float. Lidar maping. Soil that I didnt understand untill I understud impact prosses. Every discription Dr e gives fits.

OP
OP
Y

yesifoundit

Jul 17, 2011
I have a hole in the ground ware a meteorite should be. But it is my conclusion it has bean roaled down hill. Which I have cut trail down through the gorse 150 yards of brush hell to aplace ware a bunch of snags slid down hill and filled cannyon. A four foot probe dosent hit bottom. O ya and there is a log pond at bottom of dranage. Yesifound impact cite! Someone get me an acredited geoligest and ill prove it exsists. Jjimdd@ gmail.com

JimDonnellyarea-1.jpg

OP
OP
Y

yesifoundit

Jul 17, 2011
And inside circle I find

555132_462688207136872_428533381_n.jpg

ForumRunner_20131017_105117.png

ForumRunner_20131017_105149.png
And these are found at meteor crator arazonia

spheroids.jpg

mon_impct.jpg

bar_impct.jpg

Last three Photos Jim Tobin first three me

OP
OP
Y

yesifoundit

Jul 17, 2011
So may mistakes made by the experts. Ill start to list. B vs. b? One names one discribes. 99.9 percet of experts use a caital B Dr e. Uses ? Answer b.
2Nd let me clear up Dr es debt. Simply put ss centrial America went down with one fith u.s. Gold. Hmmmm. What happened to try he econimy.
3 living here and hunting here. Over twenty years on crystal creek and driving on the same path Dr Evans took.

Wait the experts have him traviling up hyw 101 then turning up crystal ck like there was a road back then. Well if he had gone this way he would have mentioned split rock. Its strange it looks like a 1000 ft rock got split. Funny its some of the hardest rock in country and a creek runs through it. And Dr e. Never mentions it. I asked a sixgeneration pionear. How did pepole get around. He responded rivers ridge tops and the ocean.
Experts. Imtaking a brake

OP
OP
Y

yesifoundit

Jul 17, 2011
4. Now lets look at leter to Dr jackson. Look closely there is a dbl fold that falls right between the four and zero. 4.0 or 40 hmm.
5. All bald Mts can be seen from my location. All bald mts are on the elk river drainage. By the way 99.9 percent of exerts dont even mention the elk river. I never cross it.
6. Theereer is only one Mt that sands taller than surounding mts that can be Sean from a long distance from ocean. Humbug.

OP
OP
Y

yesifoundit

Jul 17, 2011
ForumRunner_20131017_112813.png

A centry of coos and curry county gives long. Lat. Numbers which by the way is what veiana gives as location. Now if one goes to google earth and puts the information together that I put forth you will find yourself on first trail out of port orford at narrowest point between to drainages the one to west runs directly into ocean but first runs through a log pond.

In shoRt he left port orford and tripped over it. This area was first to be logged. Tree top barred untill logged in thirtys or fiftys were it got rolled down hill towards a log ppond.

OP
OP
Y

yesifoundit

Jul 17, 2011
But please dont come looking for pices it just my story. And have spoken witb land owners and attorney. But am looking for an a God geoligest. Yesifound it James Curtis donnelly. It only took three days and over three years to dig up. Which I havent. One last note im in old inland dunes as there wouldnt be any hard roc?

Domozorro

Apr 7, 2020
Coast orbiter
Detector(s) used
No
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel I would check against the bank far away. It looks like it skipped twice, maybe shot oof to the other ridge too. Up and slight right

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread