Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    32232 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Spanish Gallion of NEAHKAHNIE MOUNTAIN

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zzzzzzzz1.jpg 
Views:	2295 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	117349   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz2.jpg 
Views:	1651 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	117350   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zzzzzzzzzzzzzz3.jpg 
Views:	1376 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	117351  

us
    Sep 2006
    Washington and Oregon
    Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
    14 times

Re: Spanish Gallion of NEAHKAHNIE MOUNTAIN

And to think the trailhead is a mere 14 or 15 miles from me. YEP I'll be the wildman o' the woods now. LOL
    ~Nash~
    Whatever it is, it is valuable. If nothing else for the lesson learned or simply the experience of having been there.

Dec 2006
    Lincoln City Oregon
    garrett 500xta
    1 times

There is suppose to be some of these in the museum. I think it would be cool to find one. Do you have much luck on the beaches? We live in Lincoln City, found a few things, large arrowhead on the lake but time is too short, work 6 days 24 hrs manage motel, like to fish too. found a few coins around the park area and in my backyard. good hunting
    blessings

Dec 2006
    Lincoln City Oregon
    garrett 500xta
    1 times

Hey, check out this website for the beeswax shipwreck. Some was found as early as 1993- sounds like something that we all would love to find for history andthe joy of finding something like this.
    My husband and I live in LC, looked around up there sometimes but never have found anything yet. Work manyhours but still keep plugging away.

blessings

http://www.oregonlive.com/printer/pr...41ship04.frame

us
    Sep 2006
    Washington and Oregon
    14 times

Quote Originally Posted by didijim
    Hey, check out this website for the beeswax shipwreck. Some was found as early as 1993- sounds like something that we all would love to find for history andthe joy of finding something like this.
    My husband and I live in LC, looked around up there sometimes but never have found anything yet. Work manyhours but still keep plugging away.

blessings

http://www.oregonlive.com/printer/pr...41ship04.frame
    Considering my proximity, this is really fascinating!!! Right up the road about ten minutes....HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    ~Nash~
    Whatever it is, it is valuable. If nothing else for the lesson learned or simply the experience of having been there.

Dec 2006
    Lincoln City Oregon
    garrett 500xta
    1 times

Hey, thought you were in Portland??

I have done some research on this, sounds really interesting. I would like to get ahold of the boys scout group that found some and see what's when's and how's of it./

I heard that there were artifacts in the 3 rocks area of Salmon River, I am only 10 min from there but haven't made it there yet. whoeeeeeees me

Maybe soon, my husband and I can get there.

blessings

us
    Sep 2006
    Washington and Oregon
    14 times

Hey are we neighbors I am in Seaside not Portland.
    If so, we must have a go at finding out some more about this and at least TRY to figure something out.

Tag lol

~Nash~

Sep 2004
    Where ever my coffee cup lands
    Fisher 1280X
    15 times

Nash! Means you live close to this Neahkahnie Mt., and can work it. I have a question for ya. How big an area does this Mt. take up?
    and does it have any streams or creeks coming off it?
    I was in the Merchant Marines yrs ago and talked to an old salt that was from Oregon. He told me of a rock he found by a small stream in a wooded area. A rock big enough to climb upon and he sat on it. it had moss on it that his shoe kicked off enough that he saw that it was marked! He uncovered the mark and it was as I'll try to describe. = X, with a dot at each side and top, Bottom, = a line up and down with a dot on each side. Then at bottom of this was an arrow pointing left. Then on left side of the X was an arrow pointing up.
    He didn't understand the mark and said he went back later and chopped the mark off rock so no one else would find it.
    The mark may mean 35 feet one way, then 35 feet another. But it would be close to the creek? So you might walk the creeks there and look for a chopped up rock! Now you'll know what was posted there. Have Fun in your search.
    Life is not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be lived.

us
    Sep 2006
    Washington and Oregon
    14 times

Quote Originally Posted by Monk
    Nash! Means you live close to this Neahkahnie Mt., and can work it. I have a question for ya. How big an area does this Mt. take up?
    and does it have any streams or creeks coming off it?
    I was in the Merchant Marines yrs ago and talked to an old salt that was from Oregon. He told me of a rock he found by a small stream in a wooded area. A rock big enough to climb upon and he sat on it. it had moss on it that his shoe kicked off enough that he saw that it was marked! He uncovered the mark and it was as I'll try to describe. = X, with a dot at each side and top, Bottom, = a line up and down with a dot on each side. Then at bottom of this was an arrow pointing left. Then on left side of the X was an arrow pointing up.
    He didn't understand the mark and said he went back later and chopped the mark off rock so no one else would find it.
    The mark may mean 35 feet one way, then 35 feet another. But it would be close to the creek? So you might walk the creeks there and look for a chopped up rock! Now you'll know what was posted there. Have Fun in your search.
    ABSOLUTELY SUPERB INFORMATION!!!! Do you think I might be able to get you to draw what he described to you? There are a lot of creeks on and around the mountain....Then again I spend a lot of time in the outdoors. Bank on the fact that I WILL be searching this mountain beginning within the next month. My plan is to view it from the Ocean and the air as it is today and take pics.

I simply cannot thank you enough!

~Nash~

Nov 2005
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Getting a Garrett ACE 250 Real Soon
    1 times

So if you are interested in checking up on the story here are some sites to check out. I did a little research on this subject a few years ago when we were having our beach cabin built in Manzanita.

http://nagagroup.org/BeesWax/team/team.htm
    http://www.captainrick.com/Beeswaxwreck.htm

There have been many stories about this and many people have searched for the treasure that is apperantly burried in the mountain. Some of the stories have run together, and some are just made up.

Since you live in Seaside it might be worth a trip to Wheeler. There is a bookstore there (I can't remember the name of it, but will be going this weekend to the cabin for a little Ghost Hole fishin' and I will get the name of it for you.) and the owner has done some very extensive research on not only the Neahkahinie treasure, but also the Beeswax wreck that is near the mouth of the Nehalem river. This is the only spanish Gallion believed to be wrecked near Neahkahnie. But this may they did a little sonar work and discovered that there werer 5 shipwrecks near the mouth of the river.

Unfortunately My ACE 250 has not been purchased yet . It would be a good weekend to MD that area with the seas being as rough as they have been. Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions. I might be able to help.

Andy
    My buddies don't believe in burried treasure or pirates off the Oregon coast.  Boy, I can't wait to prove them wrong!

us
    Sep 2007
    La Pine Oregon
    Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX
    26 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Let me know if you need help im new on here but do a bit of detecting myself.
    as a matter of fact i just ordered like 12 of them for rentals for the beach bumms in taft.
    would like to hook up and do some hunting.
    Rick.

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    3329 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

potters divers guide has a bit of info on it -- old book but good

Nov 2005
    Beaverton, Oregon
    1 times

So I just found out that the bookstore in Wheeler moved to Manzanita. It is called Ekahni Books. It is right on the main drag of Manzanita. I don't remember if it is the owner, or a spouse of the owner, who has done all of the research, but he is very willing to share his info. I also found a great oregon website that has thousands of old pics. Some of which have to do with the shipwreck. This weekend I spent a lot of time on the web looking for info, and there is a lot out there.
    Here is a pic to mabey get people motivated. This is an aritfact found on the beach years ago. It looks like a conqestidors ax head.

I also found out about another wreck that happened there in 1913 that might still have a few relics left behind. It is a British ship "Glenesslin" on the rocks of Neahkahnie Mountain on the coast of Oregon, 1913.

I really need to get my detector.
    Oh yeah. No Salmon for me this last trip. They must not be biting yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nehalem Artifact.jpg 
Views:	1130 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	158957   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Glenesslin at Neahkahnie mtn.  1913.jpg 
Views:	2488 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	158958  
    My buddies don't believe in burried treasure or pirates off the Oregon coast.  Boy, I can't wait to prove them wrong!

us
    Sep 2007
    La Pine Oregon
    Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX
    26 times
    Banner Finds (1)

My mother was raised near this treasure and she said the treasure was found when she was a kid
    some guy drilled down where it was to be and got shavings of gold on his drilling tool
    and some human bones.
    there was supposed to be an article in one of the papers on it.
    and she said it stated that the treasure was too deep and not worth moving a mountain to get at.
    just a story i dont know if its true or not.

Nov 2005
    Beaverton, Oregon
    1 times

There are some great Oregon treasure books out there. The ones that I have read seem to all hint at the fact that there have been so many differant versions of the story no one knows what really happened. Also just to clarify for anyone interested: The Neahkahnie Mtn. treasure and the Beeswax incident are two seperate entities. I have been compiling info on the Nealem and Manzanita area lately and I have heard of yet another story about a hidden treasure that is up the Nehalem river a ways, as well as a possible pirates cache hidden in a cave along the cliffs of Neahkahnie Mtn.
    My personal opinion is that the Neahkahnie treasure was never found. Due to the fact that we still have very educated hunters looking for it.
    all in all I feel that there is something to be found in that area

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links