Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Souvie's Island, Oregon. buried Gold & Whiskey

The Washington times. (Washington, D.C.), 02 April 1894.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled1.jpg

The Washington times. (Washington, D.C.) 1894-1895, April 02, 1894, Page 2, Image 2 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

KHydSAR

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2020
Astoria, OR
Detector(s) used
MineLab XTERRA 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it! On one hand William K Smith definitely didn't need to be wasting his time hunting treasure, it would have been a nominal amount to him so that would be honest at least. On the other hand, he and his partners owned huge tracts of farmland on Sauvie Island, and made a good amount of money selling and leasing a large portion of it. Turn of the century real estate marketing is something else.

isaiahburns

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2020
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it! On one hand William K Smith definitely didn't need to be wasting his time hunting treasure, it would have been a nominal amount to him so that would be honest at least. On the other hand, he and his partners owned huge tracts of farmland on Sauvie Island, and made a good amount of money selling and leasing a large portion of it. Turn of the century real estate marketing is something else.
Hi there, can you tell me more about who William K Smith was? And perhaps even give me some references to study? I find all this fascinating.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread