Easter Oregon wild west treasure

May 3, 2016
Umatilla county, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am on the hunt for lost treasure in Eastern Oregon. I live in Umatilla county and i am surrounded with tales of lost gold mines, indian caches, and buried bandit loot. I have heard a story since I was younger about a bandit cache located in Stage Gulch. Stage Gulch is a shallow narrow valley between Pendleton and Standfield Oregon. This was the only route connecting the gold mines in the northeastern Blue Mtns. to the Columbia landing at Umatilla. I will post some updates as this excursion developes and I am open to creating partnerships with intrested individuals in the area. I am thinking about using a page on my website to document my endeavors.

OP
OP
OregonBornTrainFanatic
May 3, 2016
Umatilla county, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is the stretch i will be driving this morning. I am just gonna do some visual recon and snap some photos.

Attachments

• 1462889241222.jpg
    1462889241222.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 200
OP
OP
OregonBornTrainFanatic
May 3, 2016
Umatilla county, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I tried to concentrate on geological features that would have withstood the test of time. They were few and far between. My next step is to get a list of all the landowners in the Gulch.

Attachments

• 1462909780075.jpg
    1462909780075.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 1462909830295.jpg
    1462909830295.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 1462909844495.jpg
    1462909844495.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 125

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on this quest! I have done well on landowners using the county GIS online to identify who I need to contact for permission.

Watch out for snakes!!

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I have an old book with lots of info your seeking, for your general location. I'll dig around tonight and try to find it. Keep up updated.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I am on the hunt for lost treasure in Eastern Oregon. I live in Umatilla county and i am surrounded with tales of lost gold mines, indian caches, and buried bandit loot. I have heard a story since I was younger about a bandit cache located in Stage Gulch. Stage Gulch is a shallow narrow valley between Pendleton and Standfield Oregon. This was the only route connecting the gold mines in the northeastern Blue Mtns. to the Columbia landing at Umatilla. I will post some updates as this excursion developes and I am open to creating partnerships with intrested individuals in the area. I am thinking about using a page on my website to document my endeavors.
Hope you meant to say Stanfield Oregon, not Standfield Oregon. I know where one of these is located in Oregon, but have not heard of the latter.

Jsams1

Dec 1, 2023
I would like to maybe talk to you about this. I live in hermiston. I drove the road and looking for more information about it. I'm only getting bits and pieces of the story. I seen a big rock and a small pile of rocks near some trees. I have a metal detectors.

Apr 8, 2024
ive been reading up on a few of these stories im a young 23 year old guy looking to get into this stuff , i hunt and fish so im used to harsh rugged terain i also know the gulch well as ive driven it 100s of times if youd like to maybe chat please shoot me an email at; [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread