PENNSYLVANIA?S LOST

holeymoley

Oct 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
QUOTE=mccedian;4574040]Hey guys, I am new to the site but I have been following the Colonel Parker Captain Blackbeard story for a little while. I've come across some information, that I hope is wrong, but it would point to this story being a falsehood. I would like to state at this point that I hope the story is true because I enjoy the adventure aspect of it, so if anyone has any information that would confirm the story or disprove what I have found I would be more then excited.
So the red flags I have found are this. In the original story it claims that Captain Blackbeard raised a 120 year old wrecked Spanish Galleon with pontoons as the Galleon was in less then 20 fathoms of water. Which is roughly 120 feet. How? A 132 year old wooden ship wreck in the tropical waters of the Caribbean would have had massive amounts of decay. Underwater breathing apparatuses were not invented until the 1840's. So it would have had to have been an air filled pontoon that was pushed down. Which seems highly unlikely.
I also came across a critique on Shoemakers stories, showing how he changed the names of characters, mainly the captain. His original name was Captain Thomas. This also has some holes in it because it claims he was a pirate that sold the land to Noah Parker, who went looking for the treasure and never returned. The problem here is that there weren't "pirates" in the 19th century, it also claims he was running from the Spanish, from whom he had stolen the treasure, and buried it in Florida.
If anyone has any information that can shed light on the confusion of the two stories would be greatly appreciated. I would like to continue the adventure :)

Congrats mccedian - you actually did some research. Anybody with a computer and 10 minutes of time will see that at least half this story (if not all) is false. The writer Shoemaker added and changed whatever he felt like changing ha ha ha. He wrote many stories about ghosts - werewolves etc. The only thing that can be verified is that there actually was a colonel Parker and that IS his burial place there in Pa - and that he had a mineral springs type hotel. (He was rather wealthy and maybe the part about him having silver bars is real but I wouldn't spend any time looking for this)

All the facts can be found by searching "google books". Sorry to disappoint everybody but there was no Blackbeard or pirate ha ha ha.

Gary
Home[/QUOTE]

Hey Gary, read this it explains everything!

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/debunking-1812-pennsylvania-treasure-legend-h-charles-beil/

LesterJB

Jan 13, 2011
Rockland, PA.
Detector(s) used
trident
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
has anyone hunted here recently? could you send me pics and any info (map of Parkers homestead, sanitorium, or lumbermill would be great) that's floating around. I will be around that area next week. thanks - Les

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the land is posted, private property. The site of the sawmill is now a pasture.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very interesting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread