Alladins Cave at Boone Mt, Clearfield Co.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Job Treasure Writer. I have camera' s that will go in and give live feed . The story says it opens to a bigger room. The opening should go down . it looks like it filled in over the years. With the type of stones shown I would thing this was dug by man and the one we hope to find should be made by water. Hat who knows this could be it . Let me know if you need our camera's. GOOD JOB.

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm actually building 3 ROV's in different sizes and quality right now. They'll have cameras and lights. The biggest will have a robotic arm at some point. All are wireless remote. If they have trouble communicating inside the cave I switch to wire guided. I'll post pictures of them as I take them. I hope there's something in there but I'm not holding my breath.

DSCF2799.JPG DSCF2805.JPG DSCF2801.JPG

Last edited:

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These pictures that you are showing ...Are they on the north side of Boone Mt. or south side?

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like the left side of the opening was added and could be removed. They would of dug the cave then made the opening smaller to keep safe. From what I see of the many broken stones I would think this is a smaller cave made by Indians. It would be unsafe inside now. But if you saw bats that says it could be bigger than it looks. Check for artifacts of all kinds, no matter how stupid they look bag them. This cave didn't just happen on its own. If there was water close by then I would think someone stayed there for a short time. The cave we found in Dents Run had a small opening like this but with solid sand stone above it and we spent 5 years checking it out. Check the celing for smoke and a fire pit close to the front. You may have to remove dirt from the floor to find anything. This was a easy dig for someone to spend some time there. Use a candle in the opening to see if there is a air flow. Great Find keep us up to date on this find.

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw animal scat at the entrance. It sloped down and it looked like there was water and appeared to continue on. There was also an animal trail into the cave so I didn't want to press my luck maybe cornering a bear or coyotes. I believe it was on the Southern Exposure but I'm not certain. I have a very bright spotting light that I'll have to take next time. All the rock is loose around this opening and looks like it could fall anytime. There is a smaller second cave entrance also that may connect to this one.

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you find any petroglyphs at the Dent's Run Cave? Was it used by native Americans? My buddy used to know of a sink hole near Clearfield. I'll have to ask him if he could still locate it.

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
TreasureWriter, you may want to install a trail camera at the entrance just to see what animal is using the cave.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No petroglyphs at the Dents Run Cave. It was used for overnight stay or shelter only. There was a water fall inside and just to many springs inside for a dry place to stay. I am sure there was plenty of ice inside that would erode the drawings or anything before 1865. WE found 2 man made walls inside that cut the cave into 3 rooms. There was 2 large burn marks on the celing in the first room that were from torches and in the 2nd and 3rd room we found smaller burn marks from a lantern that was moved around close to the celing. There was a large fire pit in room 2 next to a air shaft were the water fell down 14'.This cave was made by water and ice over thousands of years. The burn marks were in GREAT shape just like when they were made. When the solders from 1864 made the stone walls inside it cut off the cold air and stoped the ice erosin inside. We spent 5 years working inside and there were many snakes and other cave creatures we had to deal with year around. We laid in ice water while we worked and we did get wet. Yet to be the first one inside this cave for over 150yrs was worth it. Have fun and take your time :thumbsup:.

Last edited:

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
TreasureWriter, have you tested your rovers yet? If I lived closer to you I would volunteer some time to help you work on them as it looks like a fun project!

Aug 7, 2019
Bradford
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this cave. I was there many years ago. I wrote about it in the 1970's. It's not very big but nonetheless interesting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread