Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    May 2008
    niles ohio
    grand master hunter cx2 ,,. , fisher 1235x 1236x2, 2 coin computers, garrett freedom 3.

the ghost town of old economy

in beaver county pa. a few miles north east of ambridge the town was founded in 1825. and then abandoned shortly after the turn of the century. many of its original buildings remain and some valuable artifacts have been found in this area. .... from a treasure book from 1980

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Aug 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
    White's Vision, White's 6000DI Pro
    37 times

Re: the ghost town of old economy

Old Economy Village is an historic village run by the state. Tours require $$$. Pretty neat place to visit but detecting is definately off limits there. Paid and volunteer staff conduct tours and explain how the village was. Nice gardens if you're into that. I am. Most of the area around it is developed but an old civil war hospital was along the banks of the river not far from there.
    i attempted detecting there while there was also an archeological dig going on. They were finding things at about 4'.......I was finding nothing....lol
    That's what you get sometimes along rivers....years of flooding and silt build-up.

Al
    I think...therefore I am.

Sponsors