Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: "The Millionaire kid"

Hello Kayden

How are you tying the "millionaire kid" to Clearfield? Some quick research shows him operating out of Buffalo in 1929-1930 and being arrested in Florida. He was convicted in Buffalo in 1930 and served a life prison sentence in Auburn prison. There were at least 5 members in the gang that stole $200,000-$300,000 in jewels and committed other robberies. All were convicted. If he was in Clearfield it would give me more to write about!

OP
OP
kayden

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasurewriter,

I recieved this info while deteting my favorite hot spot in clearfield county from the very few locals still living from that area....This may not be the same "Millionare Kid"

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You may want to check your local historic society. Not all legends make google headlines. I found some pretty interesting stuff in books that aren't on the internet.

The only reference I found was a guy from NY also...and I'm prtty darn good at searching using various boolean characters to narrow a search.

The very first article is like a few others I found. http://www.fultonhistory.com/Process%20small/Newspapers/Lowvile%20Ny%20Rebulican/1913/Newspaper%20Lowville%20NY%20Journal%20Republican%201913%20-%20(203).PDF

Good luck,
Al

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

I'm coming up empty on this so far Kayden. Courthouse records may hold a clue if the guy was ever arrested or old newspapers; possibly the raftsmans journal. I'll keep my eyes open as I research.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread