OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the paper and I am trying to post it. Sorry but I had to do this in 6 sections. My son Kem is in the picture showing the reporters how our GPL works. The article does not talk about the show N tell as much as I had hope but the reporters did agree that we did locate something of historical Value and made of gold, iron and silver.
Update - Nov 10, We are back to drilling at the site and plan to work it through out the winter if deep snow holds off.
Update - Nov 25 We are still drilling, trying to find a void to drop a camera down or get a core sample. We have installed more camers so if you are in the area beware :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Echo P1.jpg
    Echo P1.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 1,404
  • Echo P2.jpg
    Echo P2.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 1,193
  • Echo P3.jpg
    Echo P3.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 1,302
  • Echo P4.jpg
    Echo P4.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,170
  • Echo P5.jpg
    Echo P5.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 1,160
  • Echo P6.jpg
    Echo P6.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,171

big mike

Greenie
Feb 8, 2009
I'd give 'em $2500.00 Max. and a year for the millions in the ground. I'd only turn in about a bar or 2 though. No...just kidding, I'd turn it all in. The State and the Fed. needs the money.I'll take $50.00 for my troubles. :wink:

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The misdemeanor code specified above in the 3rd degree varies from state to state. VA for example is no jail time just a fine.

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't understand the big deal with the DCNR. They have given approval to the Marcellus Gas Well companies all over the state in the state parks and gamelands. They have over a dozen wells alone on Rockton Mountain all tearing up 5-10 acres each. I think that it's time to get an attorney to handle this if you are truly serious and certain of your find. Good luck!

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
At the risk of being labeled sarcastic... if Mr. Prada wants to "persuade" DNR perhaps he simply needs to pony up bundles of political cash, promise temporary jobs to the short-sighted locals, and conveniently ignore poisoning the aquifer for 10,000 years.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All :hello: Well we are still drilling at the site and if the snow holds off we will work through the winter. Now that the days are shorter it takes us 2 to 3 days to drill one 10' deep hole.
I can not answer any questions on who dug at our site, or what we have found so far drilling, or what Film Company will film and when. Things are moving forward and I will give up dates when I can. :thumbsup:
Update Dec 20, We are still drilling when we can.
Update Dec 23, We were on site drilling and we plan to return next week with some friends from Philadelphia and drill again.
Update Jan 7, We are still drilling, It gets cold fast when the sun goes down and it takes us longer to drill 1 hole but we love what we do.
Update Jan 9th , We just returned from the site after a full day of drilling and we hope to return again soon.
Update Jan 11, We drilled until the rain came . We plan to drill again next week.
Update Jan 17th , 18th Someone likes my cameras, well this time I got them on camera and now we need a name to go with the picture to put this hunter in JAIL :laughing7: Driving a Light green SUV , he has no orange on just all white and black camo. He has a camo net over his head and a ski mask on but could have a beard to, He wares glasses and he has a big nose , that was the only thing he could not hide. :laughing7:

Attachments

• PICT0201.JPG
    PICT0201.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 717
  • PICT0207.JPG
    PICT0207.JPG
    259.4 KB · Views: 721

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FinderKeeper said:
Check out the photo above, Thank You

Curious.

I Take it this is Color Film that you say no Orange ?
looks Black & White

OK Why would he be at risk of Arrest ?

Is the site Posted as Private Property with DCNR approval ?
assuming he wasn't Hunting, Just had the Gun for "Protection"
& out for a walk does he still need a License ? & Orange ?
and what about DCNR ? can they be arrested ?

& what about Hunting ? If his License
is too high & Under his Hood ?
or here.
PICT0207.JPG

& washed out by Angle to the Camera lense
in the Present Conditions ?

Or could there be an Official Patch there that is
Covered to Prevent ID ?

is the land surrounding off limits to Hunting ?

alo Could it be a Local ?

or Survivalist who is actually Hiding from the world up there ?
( :P I know far fetched :tongue3: )

Just trying to understand the Whole situation up there.

& Thanks for the Pic & Updates :icon_thumright:

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
My understanding is that Pennsylvania law has just recently changed in regards to hunting licenses. Hunters no longer have to display them, they only need to have them with them while hunting.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why exactly is it slower to dig when its cold? Since I have lived most of my life at around 60 degrees north, I have never seen any problem with drilling when its cold, and I doubt that it gets very cold at Dents Run, anyway. Digging with a pick and shovel is a different story. You must have a generator there, so you have power and light, so as far as drilling is concerned, there shouldnt be any difference between winter and summer. Summer you have the heat, mosquitoes, bears, and the rattle snakes you talked about, so maybe except for snow, which a good 4x4 should handle, your working in ideal conditions, right? And if you get the permission to actually do some digging, then a back hoe will do the job, frozen grown or not. Did I miss something else?

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All, We have land owners from the area keeping a eye on the site and this person walked into the woods towards our site so a land owner followed him in. When the land owner made it 1/2 way to our site the hunter was on his way out. The hunter said he had a buzz on and could not talk. The land owner went to the site and saw the damaged camers and tried to get back to the hunter but he left in a light green SUV, could be a Toyta or Subaru. We have video of him removing the camers but they were decoys :blob7:. I can not show the pictures we have because it would give out the location of our camers on site. He was pissed when he found out the camera he cut down was a decoy :hello2:. :laughing7: The land owner said he had no orange on him. The hunter went 1000' into the woods took down 2 of our camers and left. Check out the time on the photo 30 min to go in 1000' then return to this spot. The land owners in the area know everyone in the area and when someone shows up they check it out. There are lots of hunting camps in the area and the Ridgeway State Police are a joke :laughing7: so they check out everything. This person did not come to hunt he was dressed up like a hunter to hide his ID. :dontknow: We took a close up look at his face and he has a camo net over his head. He wares glasses, and could have a beard but one thing is for sure he has a big nose and this he could not hide :laughing7: Will pay reward for info.

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
Happy to hear of the progress your making Dennis. Really looking forward to seeing what you find.
With all the crap you've had to put up with you deserve to find that treasure.

Nice move with the cameras!!!

Good luck,
Paul

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the post Paul, No one could ever beleve what we been through in the last 7 1/2 years at this site. I just hope this goes from a TV show to a movie then we can tell all. I dout :dontknow: anyone would do what we did to prove our claim. Right now we are going through more than we ever thought and the closer we get to the end the more they throw at us , but the end is near :hello2: Thank You

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not Yet, We are still drilling not digging, We been on site 2 to 3 days a week and we plan to hang in there . Its to boring :tard: at home so even if we only get 2 hrs of drill time in we feel like we are doing good.
I have a new update on how its going and this is some of what we have to put up with. Now the Network wants to see gold before they get the film permits and all the paper work going, and I don't blame them . There is a lot at stake here. DCNR said when I show gold or silver the site will be shut down and the Museum Commissioners will take over :BangHead:. We and the film crew may not be allowed on site :dontknow:. So if we do film this spring I just hope we get a few days of film done before we do drill up something. We are working with the local Civil War Renactment solders and hope to tell the story the real way it went down.
Update Feb 9th, OK winter has got the best of us and we are on hold until the weather warms up. I may have gold fever but its cold out :angry5: We should know this week if we get a TV Show on thieves and robbers with Connors and the entire Lost Gold Story or a TV series on Treasure Hunting or a TV Special with 4 shows on the Lost Gold , or NOTHING :angry5:

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update Feb 9th, OK winter has got the best of us and we are on hold until the weather warms up. I may have gold fever but its cold out . We should know this week if we get a TV Show on thieves and robbers with Connors and the entire Lost Gold Story or a TV series on Treasure Hunting or a TV Special with 4 TV Shows on the Lost Gold , or NOTHING :angry5:
I will post a update when we know.
Feb 27th Update, No word from the network yet.

bodkin55

Oct 8, 2007
Northeastern PA
Detector(s) used
F-75, Fisher 1280x, Explorer II, DFX, V3i, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck!!!! Hope it all works out for you! :headbang:

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we will be filming with Scott F. Wolters and the History Channel in Nova Scotia this summer and looking at a site were we beleve the Knights Templars buried their treasure. This will be Scotts TV show, Our deal with the History Channel is still on hold for now. :dontknow:

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK it happen again ??? someone removed 3 camers from our site then they dug a hole in our drill site, then they tried to remove our generator. They had shovels and metal detctors :icon_scratch: and guess what :dontknow: They removed 3 Dummy Cams and left the real camers and yes we have vedio of them in color with sound :hello2: O Ya. it gets better :blob7: It was xxxx again and now the Pa. State Crime Lab has the info. 3 xxxx agents on site and one was in full dress so there is no mistake. And Yes xxxx said they had nothing to do with this until I told them we had it all on vedio . There is a lot happening and I can not tell all now but I beleve this was their last chance to get rid of us before History Channel steps in. I have plenty of pictures to post and the TV News media may get some to but I have to hold off until we see what happens here first. I am not sure when we can work at the site again but we will show up from time to time to make sure they don't dig.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions