dents run treasure

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay Clayton, You talked about a turtle carving in a rock , did you ever find it.
6 times

[h=2]Re: dents run treasure[/h]
Dennis, When you mentioned possible Spanish Treasure it set of a bell in my mind. I have a very old news article about a Turtle Carving in rock not to far away from Dent's Run. I haven't gone to the site yet. I often wondered if it could be Spanish or Native Indians. There were Indian tribes in that area, but I also think that the Spanish came exploring up the river.
Interesting, Clayton​

Last edited:

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't know the feds were treasure hunters,as sophisticated as they are I bet some t neters could show them a thing or two, lol,only info they are disclosing is that it is a court ordered dig,phmc should have been on top of this instead of routine denial, Mr parada could have excavated this site for a fraction of the cost,and he has done all the leg work, he should get the glory, not the feds,let's see if they give credit where it's due

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't know the feds were treasure hunters,as sophisticated as they are I bet some t neters could show them a thing or two, lol,only info they are disclosing is that it is a court ordered dig,phmc should have been on top of this instead of routine denial, Mr parada could have excavated this site for a fraction of the cost,and he has done all the leg work, he should get the glory, not the feds,let's see if they give credit where it's due

The feds are not tresaure hunters. They are just there to "safe guard" anything found... meaning anything of value recovered goes away with them and will never be seen again by anybody.

Thats all IF anything is found. This scenario has played out before with nothing ever being found.

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't aware Mr parada is on site with them,I just assumed they cut him out of the picture, very interested to see how this plays out,being in my neck of the woods, I am quite familiar with the legend, very cool

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... Allot more convincing then the Lagina's Rotten wood & Magical island tunnels
that fill up with water below the sea level....

What could be less convincing than the Lagina's Oak Island efforts ?

I watched an episode last night, where they've hit yet-another solid object at insane depths ! The diver reports through the radio how if feels like an iron cover door thing! Speculations run wild. The camera crew pans to the giddy TH'ers as they muse all sorts of fanciful iron doors covering the treasure. They're about to go back down with a handheld pinpointer (to see if the obstruction is metal) and drill some pieces of this object. But ... of course, break for commercials during the nail-biting cliff-hanger suspence.

Return after commercials: Object turns out to be non-metal. Merely bedrock granite they've hit.

But not to worry: They will just drill through that and go deeper yet. I thought : HUH ?? You can barely get through it now, yet you think someone 300 yrs. ago, w/o the benefit of all the modern drilling equipment, buried something BELOW that ??

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What could be less convincing than the Lagina's Oak Island efforts ?

I watched an episode last night, where they've hit yet-another solid object at insane depths ! The diver reports through the radio how if feels like an iron cover door thing! Speculations run wild. The camera crew pans to the giddy TH'ers as they muse all sorts of fanciful iron doors covering the treasure. They're about to go back down with a handheld pinpointer (to see if the obstruction is metal) and drill some pieces of this object. But ... of course, break for commercials during the nail-biting cliff-hanger suspence.

Return after commercials: Object turns out to be non-metal. Merely bedrock granite they've hit.

But not to worry: They will just drill through that and go deeper yet. I thought : HUH ?? You can barely get through it now, yet you think someone 300 yrs. ago, w/o the benefit of all the modern drilling equipment, buried something BELOW that ??

& the Laginas need more Proof before Believing in Civil War Gold ? :BangHead:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
This looks like the thread to watch. Either that or the local paper.

But even if you don't see it in the local paper, that won't mean "millions in gold wasn't found". In fact, the "faithful" will look at the lack of newspaper accounts as simply being ALL THE MORE PROOF of gold. Because, go figure: This merely means the govt. did a hush job, and took the 2500 lbs of gold away. Eh ? :icon_scratch:

And then , if you doubted that, the faithful would say : "Prove that didn't happen". As if to infer that the burden of proof is on you to prove it DIDN'T happen. Rather than on them to prove it DID happen. And as long as you can't prove it didn't happen, then in their mind's eyes : It's the smoking gun that it happened.

Treasure psychology is fascinating. All rules of logic are set aside, when it comes to treasure.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Logic? Dreams literally led many people to give up everything and head out west to join the gold rush....

But those "dreams" that compelled people to head west to the gold rush, and compelled Fisher to look for the Atocha, were based on facts. Eg.: there WAS a "gold rush". And that there WAS an Atocha. right ?

Don't confuse "Faith" with "Blind faith".: Faith can be based on factual data (that doesn't have more plausible explanations, and that doesn't fail Occam's razor test. ). So it would be faith (or dreams or whatever you want to call it) BASED ON FACT. Whereas blind faith is going out without factual indisputable data.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't aware Mr parada is on site with them,I just assumed they cut him out of the picture, very interested to see how this plays out,being in my neck of the woods, I am quite familiar with the legend, very cool

WE been working with the FBI in the snow for weeks before Dents Run.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
WE been working with the FBI in the snow for weeks before Dents Run.

Finder-keeper, have you read a single bit of the contrary view and more-plausible-explanations that have been voiced on this forum ?? I notice you respond to zero (0) of it.

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
Dennis. So much has been going on since then. I do have some information stuck away in my files. I have not searched for anymore information on the subject. I forget what branch it was in. One of the smaller streams in that area. I'll dig out my files sometime and let you know what I have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread