dents run treasure - Page 17
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Thread: dents run treasure

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Karl

Jun 2011
    Quakertown PA
    Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
    17 times
    Cache Hunting
    There's been a lot of rumors floating around out there as to where the gold is. There was a rumor that the US Government reopened the case in the 60's or 70's, so if this is true it says that they are still looking for it and in this area of Dents Run. Finderskeepers believes they know where the gold is buried and are trying to get the state to dig it up. In previous comments sgtfda noted that gold is being shaved and sold to a jeweler in the area.

us
    Owner

Apr 2007
    Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
    GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar & a lot more
    1247 times
    Hi Kudo, Its hard to get to the truth on this lost gold story. But we haven't given up and things are moving forward and we got new info that could bring on a dig this summer. The fight we have with DCNR is more about who has the rights to the gold. DCNR wants us to sign off on anything found at the site and give it all to the Museum Commissoners . Ya, no reward. So it sits. They can't dig and we can't dig so its a stand off. The lawers get rich and we get nothing. We just sign a 3 year contract with the History Channel to do a hunt down south for the Lost Civil War Gold from Richmond Va. The History Channel wants to do a show on Dents Run and we are waiting for them to set a date. After dealing with DCNR for 9 years, I would not tell them anything you found or where you are hunting. In our case this find is just to big and the Feds will track it down if someone takes it. Ya it sucks but we hope for a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by kudo623 View Post
    There's been a lot of rumors floating around out there as to where the gold is. There was a rumor that the US Government reopened the case in the 60's or 70's, so if this is true it says that they are still looking for it and in this area of Dents Run. Finderskeepers believes they know where the gold is buried and are trying to get the state to dig it up. In previous comments sgtfda noted that gold is being shaved and sold to a jeweler in the area.

us
    Karl

Jun 2011
    Quakertown PA
    Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
    17 times
    Cache Hunting
    Yeah, that gold is not headed to any museum, that's for darn sure. The Fed's will snatch that right up, they don't like anyone 'stealing' what rightfully belongs to them. People go to jail for that. 10% finders fee would translate into megabucks if its all there, but maybe that's a state law and not Federal? Which means if the Feds come in they could take it all anyway? But a History Channel recreation of this story I think could be a big deal for your business?

us
    Owner

Apr 2007
    1247 times
    I am not sure if the Feds have any claim to this find if it turns out to be the Lost Civil War Gold. There are 3 kinds of lost treasure laws and this one falls under abandon treasure law. If this is the case the finder gets it all. After all the Gov. and DCNR say this never happen. All records on this have been removed and the Army says it never happen. There is no reward and they say they are not looking for it. So its ABANDON TREASURE. The finder must have the treasure in hand but DCNR will not allow a dig. If we dig we could loose any chance of reward and DCNR could get it all. We had a deal with DCNR in 2005 that if we prove anything of value was there they would have it dug up. We did our part and they backed out of the deal. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by kudo623 View Post
    Yeah, that gold is not headed to any museum, that's for darn sure. The Fed's will snatch that right up, they don't like anyone 'stealing' what rightfully belongs to them. People go to jail for that. 10% finders fee would translate into megabucks if its all there, but maybe that's a state law and not Federal? Which means if the Feds come in they could take it all anyway? But a History Channel recreation of this story I think could be a big deal for your business?

us
    Karl

Jun 2011
    Quakertown PA
    Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
    17 times
    Cache Hunting
    Agreed, but one has to worry about the Fed's who can reach above this law. In my opinion, the mint mark on the gold would bring in the Fed's like flies on honey and they will confiscate that gold before the DCNR and museum curators even get a chance to touch it. They can prove that the gold is the property of the FED. In my opinion the FED's are just waiting and chomping on the bit to have you do all that work and relinquish your rights to it and have it dug up just so that they can swoop down and load it into an armored vehicle by agents with guns. The DCNR will look foolish to have made any kind of binding contract with you and the museum at the state level. In my opinion it might be better to use the DCNR as much as you can, have the History channel and CNN in there to cover it, get it dug up and then get some long awaited publicity. If the FED's confiscate it who can do anything about it? But you will get the media exposure, and all those 9 years should pay you some dividends in unearthing and rewriting history.

Quote Originally Posted by FinderKeeper View Post
    I am not sure if the Feds have any claim to this find if it turns out to be the Lost Civil War Gold. There are 3 kinds of lost treasure laws and this one falls under abandon treasure law. If this is the case the finder gets it all. After all the Gov. and DCNR say this never happen. All records on this have been removed and the Army says it never happen. There is no reward and they say they are not looking for it. So its ABANDON TREASURE. The finder must have the treasure in hand but DCNR will not allow a dig. If we dig we could loose any chance of reward and DCNR could get it all. We had a deal with DCNR in 2005 that if we prove anything of value was there they would have it dug up. We did our part and they backed out of the deal. Time will tell.

ie
    Jan 2007
    21 times
    Oy vey. This thread is still going

us
    Rob

Nov 2013
    Maryland
    Garrett Ace
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    here is an interesting version of both stories that were talked about in this thread..... and Dennis, if you need a hand, I'm right here in Harford County Maryland!
    Lost Treasure ........-about Black Beard's treasure
    Gold ingots ........-the Lost Dent's Run Gold

us
    Owner

Apr 2007
    1247 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_hound View Post
    here is an interesting version of both stories that were talked about in this thread..... and Dennis, if you need a hand, I'm right here in Harford County Maryland!
    Lost Treasure ........-about Black Beard's treasure
    Gold ingots ........-the Lost Dent's Run Gold
    Hi Rock Hound, The Black Beard treasure may have been located this year. We been looking for the 7 1/2 tons of silver for 7 years and we believe we located the 5 wagons in a trench in Emporium Pa. For years we searched the entire area about 1 1/2 mile north of the wagon site and 1 1/2 mile south of the site with no luck. But last year we located a large amount of silver bars ( still in the ground ) but its not in Emporium its about 15 miles away. Could the Indians have moved this amount of silver with out wagons ? Did they watch Black Beard bury the silver then they removed it all. Some day we will know this site is on DCNR land to.
    We been back to work at Dents Run and we plan to do some historical research there through out the winter. On Nov 4 , 2014 it will be 10 years we been doing work and research at this site. I am ready for 10 more years if thats what it takes to get the government to allow a dig.

us
    Owner

Apr 2007
    1247 times
    We just got a letter from DCNR telling us to vacate Dents Run in 10 days or legal action will start again. We told them we plan to stay. So this site could get busy again. A lot has happen in the past year and I may tell what I know. I am sure this will end up in Federal Court this time.

us
    Oct 2004
    Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
    Whites DFX
    353 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Wow keep us posted FinderKeeper sounds like they are trying to throw a raod block on you.

us
    Jun 2012
    NJ
    Whites
    1279 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Finder keeper
    How did you make out with the Delaware river ship?

us
    Owner

Apr 2007
    1247 times
    The ship was saved from the work done in the river. From the info I got I do not believe this ship was from the Templar Period so we pulled out. There are a lot of ship wrecks in that area from the 1800's and things just didn't line up for us to invest any more time and money. I like working on LAND, NOT GOOD IN WATER.

Quote Originally Posted by flyadive View Post
    Finder keeper
    How did you make out with the Delaware river ship?

us
    Apr 2010
    York County, PA
    Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus
    227 times
    Does anyone have a copy of sgtfda's map? I seem to have misplaced mine and was trying to find it for a friend. If so, please send me a pm.

Feb 2004
    Mesa Arizona
    3658 times
    I emailed you one. Don't forget my cut
    doverturtle and simonds like this.

us
    Apr 2010
    York County, PA
    Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus
    227 times
    I don't forget anyone that helps me out! Of course, I'm thinking if you didn't find it, I probably don't stand a chance of finding it either (unless by dumb luck, which does occasionally happen).

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links