dents run treasure

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin treasure hunters are a secretive bunch. They don't share. Unless you have info they want. Then some will trade. They cover their tracks and have been known to remove or destroy records to keep others from finding them. Dig deep enough and you may find overlooked info.

I am not looking for any secrets of the treasure being shared. All I am trying to do is prove the gold shipment actually occurred instead of being the figment of someone's imagination. Nothing more nothing less.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I understand. The only other incident in that close area was the capture of Robber Lewis. Now there is a thought. He ever rob a stage coach with gold bars. He was captured just down the road.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
..... In this case I know there was a abandoned wagon. 2 gold bars found.. ...

Oh but if I only had a dollar for every treasure that people tell me they've heard of being recovered. Naturally it's not them themselves who found it. But they got it on good authority from so & so. And if you track down that person, guess what? They too didn't actually see it found either. But they got it on good authority from so & so. And so on back into permanent regression .

I noticed you never answered my post about the recurring theme of the tip of the iceberg salacious detail that the treasure stories all seem to contain.

Oh, and what good treasure story would be without skeletons and caves as well?

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
What question was that Tom. Are you calling me a liar? Everything I said exist does.
When many told me there was no gold in the Superstitions or others could not find it I proved them wrong. What a adventure that was. Searching for the lost gold bars was great fun. TNet is a great site for those who have a dream. True many of those dreams are based on stories based on fiction. But you can't kill a dream. That's life though. We will always have trolls trying to pull us down. In the end we can only live our own adventures. In a way I feel sad for you. Is there anything you dream about? It might do you some good to chase a legend with the rest of the dreamers. My Tv show was Legend of the Superstition Mountains. We chased legends and it was a blast. Over 40 million people had fun watching. Dreaming of adventure. True a few hated it. But as they say you can't hate something if you don't watch. So keep watching Those Pa treasure hunters living the dream. I'll be chasing a dream in Arizona. Good luck guys on your search. Don't give up that dream.

Last edited:

Timbersnort

Mar 16, 2018
PA Wilds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CA treasure hunt = search your mailbox once a month for the treasure the government sends.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
What question was that Tom......

it was post # 369 of this thread:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...old-may-have-been-found-elk-county-pa-25.html

You are on that thread, and you never responded to this. Check out the link contained in that thread, plus the story I add after that, of a similar psychology scenario.

.... Are you calling me a liar?.....

sgtfda: Apply that to the 2 stories I gave in the above post. The worker on the sidewalk, talking to my friend, was not a liar . He was quite sincere. His buddies, who were eye-witnesses the day before, had seen the treasure with their own eyes. They had sample coins (V's and IH's my friend was passing out) as the "tips of the iceberg". At no point was the worker "lying". But he was simply uninformed on the "rest of the story".

Or how about my guide to Mexico. Was he "lying" ? No. These were very reputable people he got his info. from . Who (as is usually the case) speak in terms of first person singular past tense "found". My guide friend was not a "liar". He is quite sincere. But as I discovered in Mexico, despite the "concrete testimony proofs", other more plausible explanations started forming .

.... Everything I said exist does....

You did not personally find the 2 gold bars. Right ? Did you see and hold them ? I would want to know more about the 2 gold bars, and the person's story who has them. Eg.: Did HE find them ? Or purchase them from the person who found them ? I'd want to know how many regression steps this goes back through. If I'm wrong, and "2 gold bars exist" that have clear lineage to a hunt spot, with no other more plausible explanations, (infinite regressions), then forgive me. But I'm just saying that every time these "tips of icebergs" shows up, it's relying on testimony that goes too-many-layers deep to know-for-sure.

But if you found them personally, or the person who let you hold them found them personally, I stand corrected. And when I say "found personally", I don't mean : nugget hunters who can smelt all their finds into their own bars. Or "got it from the guy who personally found them, etc....". Again, I'd have to know more.

.... Is there anything you dream about?....

Yes. I dream about md'ing leads that don't contain more-plausible explanations.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Gentlemen:

I was giving the "burden of proof" mantra a bit of thought yesterday. And I realize that I (and skeptics like me) have maintained that the burden of proof is on the side of the legend-faithful. Not the skeptics. Since it's the legend-faithful who have made a "claim". Ie.: "A treasure exists". Thus it's not the burden of the skeptic to provide evidence that it's NOT true. It's on the side of the faithful to prove it IS true.

But when advancing this notion, some believers have insisted it is ME "making a claim". Since I am saying "It's not there". And the debate goes back and forth on who bears the burden of proof.

A thought occurred to me yesterday: What if .......instead of a historic treasure , the issue at discussion was: The existence of George Washington ? Or about how that the Roman Empire conquered Spain & Greece in ancient history. Etc.... In other words: If the discussion were about a commonly universally accepted historic fact, then if a skeptic came along later doubting those things, then yes: The burden of proof WOULD be on the skeptic. Not the believer.

For example: If I said "prove that George Washington existed". All you could do is to point me to artwork drawings of him (since no photos existed at the time). I could say those are artist's renditions of a fictional character. If you pointed me to history books that talked about the existence of Geo. Washington, I could summarily dismiss them as being circular logic. Ie.: "pointing to the legend" as "proof of the legend". So at a certain point, the believers in Geo. Washington could/would rightfully turn the tables on the skeptic and say: The burden of proof to prove that Geo. Washington DIDN'T exist, is on the skeptic. It's not on the believers to prove Washington DID exist. Since it's just already universally accepted that he existed.

In other words: The starting accepted premise is that there is no doubt of Washington's existence. Therefore anyone trying to claim to the contrary, means the burden is on them to prove otherwise.

So when it comes to treasure legends: Who's to say what is a "legend" versus whether it's true "recorded history" ? In the same way as: Who is deciding what we know of Washington is a "legend", versus "true recorded history" ? Since, of course, none of us can scientifically prove it. We're ALL relying on word-of-testimony, and other people's historic writings. Eh ?

Thus just so you guys don't think a skeptic can't self-analyze for glitches in his own logic: This is so that you know I *do* sympathize with you about the claim I've been making . That the skeptic bears no burden.

Although, I hope you'd also agree: That something as concrete as Geo. Washington or the Roman empire being questioned, is going to raise a lot of eyebrows (ie.: why would anyone question the historicity of those things?). Whereas the existence of a treasure, which is VERY PRONE to the TH'ing fever pitch telephone game, are not really on the same scale.

But I suppose, it could be true, that a treasure story did go down in someone's diary, or newspaper account of the day, which was entirely factual. And then .... in the 1970s, made it's way into a fanciful treasure magazine. And perhaps along the entire lineage, was true and factual. Thus it's defined as "history" and thus not "legend". The mere use of the word "legend", after all, has the connotation of "not true". So it's using loaded-language from the outset, to even call it a "legend" in the first place :)

I suppose the faithful could then say that, sure, the burden of proof IS on them, if we START with the assumption it's legend (prone to falsehood) versus historic fact, which is just universally accepted. HOWEVER, there's another burden involved here: The burden of proof would be on the skeptic to have labelled it a "legend", versus labeling it "history" , in the first place.

Hence: Score one for the faithful . When it comes to "burden of proof". I stand corrected on one of my skeptical quote I've been insisting on :)

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
The gold rush is on due to the recent nationwide reports on the FBI's search. Thousands will be heading to Dents Run. I hope they have a search and rescue locally. The story has folks wound up worldwide. Perhaps I should start selling copies of my map. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521823608.640257.jpg
Oops to late I already posted it.
I know 2 guys in Germany packing now. It will be good for business in the area. The local restaurants will feature a gold bar special. After the Legend show aired local Superstition business multiplied 10x.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
The gold rush is on due to the recent nationwide reports on the FBI's search. Thousands will be heading to Dents Run......

No doubt. Treasure stories are very difficult NOT to believe in . You can't help BUT to believe in them.

And the human mind will not be prone to seek out more plausible explanations. Why ? Because subconsciously we don't want to be "left out". And the nagging notions of "what if it's true?" will subconsciously hush any skepticism. We all want to find a treasure. So we will bolster anything, in our minds, that affirms it. And we will subconsciously dis-clude chinks in the story. Or find alternate explanations to the chinks, given enough contingencies, to make all the puzzle pieces fit. And then yes: Off we go to the races :)

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I truly enjoy this site(tn) ,alot of great people and lots of great give and take with intelligent individuals, thank you, and I respect you all

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK , Its my turn to talk now. A lot of member's on this site are here to bash anyone that talks good about what happen at Dents Run . They are here because they are DCNR or the FBI and the investigation is still going on. What happen at Dents Run will be told soon, if not by the FBI we will go public with a news event. BUT I must give them time to do what they ask of us. The FBI did not come out and say Yes or NO when they were asked DID YOU FIND ANY GOLD or SILVER. This story is bigger than anyone knows, so lets sit back and see what the FBI says in their news breaking story that should come out soon.:occasion14:

Last edited:

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK , Its my turn to talk now. A lot of member's on this site are here to bash anyone that talks good about what happen at Dents Run . They are here because they are DCNR or the FBI and the investigation is still going on. What happen at Dents Run will be told soon, if not by the FBI we will go public with a news event. BUT I must give them time to do what they ask of us. The FBI did not come out and say Yes or NO when they were asked DID YOU FIND ANY GOLD or SILVER. This story is bigger than anyone knows, so lets sit back and see what the FBI says in their news breaking story that should come out soon.:occasion14:

Great work FinderKeeper! Can’t wait to hear the story! Looking forward to it![emoji106]
Happy Hunting to all and happy Easter...... April Fools! Lol

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The FBI made their official statement, "Nothing was Found."

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "official statements" of the FBI do not mean a lot these days, as are stories in the MSM. Let's all be patient and wait until Dennis gets to officially speak on the subject.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "official statements" of the FBI do not mean a lot these days, as are stories in the MSM. Let's all be patient and wait until Dennis gets to officially speak on the subject.

Why do we need to wait on Dennis to officially speak, "NOTHING WAS FOUND." We do not need conspiracy stories on how the treasure was there but removed? Then the FBI is investigating the theft of the gold that never existed in the first place? Finderskeepers has found no gold, no treasure and they can not even find the site where this alleged treasure took place? Story ended.

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe for you, but not for me. He is dealing with the state and federal governments, which is not an easy task. Franklin, do you believe everything read in the main stream media? I am sick and tired of the naysayers on this board. There is very little encouragement on this board and, for those who do give encouragement and support, they get flamed. Once again, naysayers have no patience, just obnoxious opinions. Story ended.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread