dents run treasure

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe for you, but not for me. He is dealing with the state and federal governments, which is not an easy task. Franklin, do you believe everything read in the main stream media? I am sick and tired of the naysayers on this board. There is very little encouragement on this board and, for those who do give encouragement and support, they get flamed. Once again, naysayers have no patience, just obnoxious opinions. Story ended.

Wrong, the members here are willing to fall over themselves congratulating people WHO MAKE REAL FINDS. This is just another redundant chapter with the same words "We know its there, we just haven't found it"

There is no treasure, its a fairy tale. Nothing has been found because there was never anything to find.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
your good... all the way from red dirt oklahoma you know what went on in dents run pa over 150 years ago .....

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe for you, but not for me. He is dealing with the state and federal governments, which is not an easy task. Franklin, do you believe everything read in the main stream media? I am sick and tired of the naysayers on this board. There is very little encouragement on this board and, for those who do give encouragement and support, they get flamed. Once again, naysayers have no patience, just obnoxious opinions. Story ended.

I do not read everything from the main stream media. What I quoted came from the FBI Headquarters. There is a link to it on this forum.

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, in the past two years, I do not take much stock in an FBI statement. I am patient and will wait to see what becomes of all of this. Happy hunting to all.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't really matter as they won't be able to keep any of it even if it was there, I personally wouldn't have found it then just hand it over. I've ask permission and had them say I want everything you find, my response was have a nice day. I'd do a 50/50 split to get in some area's if I had to but not do all the work only to hand over everything I found. HH

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't really matter as they won't be able to keep any of it even if it was there, I personally wouldn't have found it then just hand it over. I've ask permission and had them say I want everything you find, my response was have a nice day. I'd do a 50/50 split to get in some area's if I had to but not do all the work only to hand over everything I found. HH

You would still get 50 percent of the value even though they do keep the treasure.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... I do not take much stock in an FBI statement. . ....

Really ? Ok, let's test that out: If the FBI came out on the news saying "A treasure was found". Then would you "take stock " in that ?? I'll bet you would .

Hence you can see that the issue is NOT "what the FBI says". It's more a matter of starting premises one brings to the table. You have started with the premise "There is [or was] a treasure". Thus all other reality is formed around that starting premise. Anything that disagrees with that starting premise: Is automatically suspect to be corrupt, conspiratorial, lying, hush-job, etc.... But anything that comes out that SUPPORTS your starting premise is: true, accurate, etc....

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would still get 50 percent of the value even though they do keep the treasure.
Why do you think they would get 50% ? There is no law here saying you get anything, they do have laws like that over in England but not here. HH

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you think they would get 50% ? There is no law here saying you get anything, they do have laws like that over in England but not here. HH

Absolutely correct! When the civil war ended, the confederate states surrendered all confederate lands, possessions and monies back to the U.S. That means any confederate gold or silver is the rightful property of the U.S. and as such would NOT be shared with the finder. If you received anything as a compensation you would be extremely lucky.

Of course, this is all academic because these "lost confederate gold" stories, are just that... stories.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have documents and letters from the GSA that deal in recovered treasure for the US Government. I have letters to verify that the finder will get 50 percent value of any gold found that belongs to the US Government.

Jason of Enid
Of course, this is all academic because these "lost confederate gold" stories, are just that... stories.

And no they are not just stories. There are hundreds of tons of CSA and KGC Gold.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And no they are not just stories. There are hundreds of tons of CSA and KGC Gold.

monkey laugh.jpg

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have documents and letters from the GSA that deal in recovered treasure for the US Government. I have letters to verify that the finder will get 50 percent value of any gold found that belongs to the US Government.

Jason of Enid

They can tell you what you want to hear but getting it is another story, remember the ex cop in CA that was killing cops and had a reward for his capture? The guy he jacked the car from called and should have gotten the reward but they said it was for his capture but they didn't capture him he died in the fire when they tried to burn him out. They tried to take the couples money in CA that found the jars of coins saying it was from a mint robbery but the dates didn't all match up, if I'm dealing with our government I want my money up front or nothing. Trust me if anything is found they won't get any unless their well connected with the right people. HH

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Franklin, Franklin, Franklin : "Hundreds of tons of gold" ?? I challenge you to do an internet study of all the gold production in the entire USA, and the entire world, for each year's annual production. Or do a study on an entire country's gold reserves. You will see that there is no way in heck that a single "ton" of gold exists at any one place. Much less "hundreds of tons". So I certainly hope you are joking.

Or figure the entire weight of the gold coins minted for a few years back when they were issuing gold. It would not be hard to take the USA coin book, take a few random years (1888, 1889, and 1890). Then add up the mintages of the $1s, the $2.50's, the $5s, the $10, and the $20s that were minted. Then factor through the weight of each. To get the total weight of the gold for several year's coin's minting. And then compare that to your claim of "hundreds of tons".

And then I hope you begin to see that claims such as this are, as Jason says: Stories. Camp-fire legends telephone game gone awry. They start as a single bar. Then it's a dozen bars. Then it's a ton of gold. Then it's hundreds of tons of gold. This is all par-for-the-course of these silly ghost stories.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, Franklin, Franklin : "Hundreds of tons of gold" ?? I challenge you to do an internet study of all the gold production in the entire USA, and the entire world, for each year's annual production. Or do a study on an entire country's gold reserves. You will see that there is no way in heck that a single "ton" of gold exists at any one place. Much less "hundreds of tons". So I certainly hope you are joking.

Or figure the entire weight of the gold coins minted for a few years back when they were issuing gold. It would not be hard to take the USA coin book, take a few random years (1888, 1889, and 1890). Then add up the mintages of the $1s, the $2.50's, the $5s, the $10, and the $20s that were minted. Then factor through the weight of each. To get the total weight of the gold for several year's coin's minting. And then compare that to your claim of "hundreds of tons".

And then I hope you begin to see that claims such as this are, as Jason says: Stories. Camp-fire legends telephone game gone awry. They start as a single bar. Then it's a dozen bars. Then it's a ton of gold. Then it's hundreds of tons of gold. This is all par-for-the-course of these silly ghost stories.

Everything that I have says there are 889 Large Gold Bricks in two different locations, one in Virginia and the other in Tennessee. Now if these bars are the standard size that would be over 24 tons. Then in the smaller 8 depositories it says there are over $53 Million in coins face value of what nationality I do not know. Not doing the figuring but that would come to another 82 or 83 ton. So the 8 small depositories add up to over 100 tons. The other 50 depositories are the larger ones, one in Tennessee contains over 1,000 tons itself. So I believe hundreds of tons is an accurate statement.

There is suppose to be about 83 hundred tons in the US Reserves. That is the reason I said it was enough to pay off the National Deficit.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Everything that I have....

Ok, here's the glitch: "Everything you have" is simply legends.

Here: Let's make it simple: Just git yourself a bunch of back-issues of treasure magazines from the 1960s and 1970s. They were all packed FULL of "lost mine" and "stolen stagecoach" loot stories. And, after awhile, each one started to sound the same. Eh ? And as long as you threw in a faded newspaper clipping (so that it was formed around some event), and as long as you added a drawing of a miner posed next to his burro: Then presto: It must be true.

A hunting buddy of mine even submitted one of those stories (in order to get the $50 article submission fee). Entirely made up. But had the various real names, places, dates, clippings, etc... We got a good laugh wondering if anyone ever went looking for that.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry not part of my agenda.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... if not by the FBI we will go public with a news event....

Ok. A week has gone by since this post. When are you going public ? Let me venture a few guesses:

a) you will not respond to this question. We will hear the sound of crickets. Or ....

b) you will respond, but it will be vague with something like "pretty soon" (such that you forever be able to put off the promise. Since you won't have committed yourself to a date). Or ....

c) you will respond with something public, but it will be about how the search is on-going (a little more to the left, a little more to the right, a little deeper, etc....) . Or ....

d) you will respond to how your hands are tied by the govt. Yet rest assured, you've "found" it. But the govt. won't let you dig it up. But is most assuredly in a certain meadow, a certain cave, etc... Or ....

e) The treasure was found, but it got taken away in secret by someone else. Ie.: a conspiracy or hush job.

But under no circumstances will this "breaking news" be:

f) A treasure. And proof thereof.

Yet ... rest assured, a treasure was "found" (past tense). Right ?

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey, this is what happens when you play by the rules. Don't forget, that claim site was previously excavated by person's unknown several years ago who purportedly brought in heavy equipment and dug it up at night when the park was closed and after Finders-Keepers Video Surveillance Cameras had been removed by DCNR. Its hard to know for sure if the bulk of the gold was removed at that time? If it was that's a heart breaker for sure.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, this is what happens when you play by the rules. Don't forget, that claim site was previously excavated by person's unknown several years ago who purportedly brought in heavy equipment and dug it up at night when the park was closed and after Finders-Keepers Video Surveillance Cameras had been removed by DCNR. Its hard to know for sure if the bulk of the gold was removed at that time? If it was that's a heart breaker for sure.

BS. We are supposed to believe unknown people brought in heavy excavators in the middle of the night and stole the treasure... just more excuses for why nothing has been produced from this fairy tale. This is more pathetic than that "curse of civil war gold" plot line.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a park, it's a forest.
There is a locked gate at the bottom of the hill.
I never heard of Finders Keepers cameras being removed.
If it was dug up by heavy equipment, it would have been reported to the media, which I saw none of.
Where did you get your info kudo623?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread