dents run treasure - Page 19
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Thread: dents run treasure

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10049 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    .... Allot more convincing then the Lagina's Rotten wood & Magical island tunnels
    that fill up with water below the sea level....
    What could be less convincing than the Lagina's Oak Island efforts ?

I watched an episode last night, where they've hit yet-another solid object at insane depths ! The diver reports through the radio how if feels like an iron cover door thing! Speculations run wild. The camera crew pans to the giddy TH'ers as they muse all sorts of fanciful iron doors covering the treasure. They're about to go back down with a handheld pinpointer (to see if the obstruction is metal) and drill some pieces of this object. But ... of course, break for commercials during the nail-biting cliff-hanger suspence.

Return after commercials: Object turns out to be non-metal. Merely bedrock granite they've hit.

But not to worry: They will just drill through that and go deeper yet. I thought : HUH ?? You can barely get through it now, yet you think someone 300 yrs. ago, w/o the benefit of all the modern drilling equipment, buried something BELOW that ??
    jeff of pa and Simon1 like this.

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    32924 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    What could be less convincing than the Lagina's Oak Island efforts ?

I watched an episode last night, where they've hit yet-another solid object at insane depths ! The diver reports through the radio how if feels like an iron cover door thing! Speculations run wild. The camera crew pans to the giddy TH'ers as they muse all sorts of fanciful iron doors covering the treasure. They're about to go back down with a handheld pinpointer (to see if the obstruction is metal) and drill some pieces of this object. But ... of course, break for commercials during the nail-biting cliff-hanger suspence.

Return after commercials: Object turns out to be non-metal. Merely bedrock granite they've hit.

But not to worry: They will just drill through that and go deeper yet. I thought : HUH ?? You can barely get through it now, yet you think someone 300 yrs. ago, w/o the benefit of all the modern drilling equipment, buried something BELOW that ??
    & the Laginas need more Proof before Believing in Civil War Gold ?
    nagant, Tom_in_CA, Simon1 and 1 others like this.

us
    Mar 2018
    Punxsutawney
    What is the latest update as of today?

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10049 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    This looks like the thread to watch. Either that or the local paper.
    But even if you don't see it in the local paper, that won't mean "millions in gold wasn't found". In fact, the "faithful" will look at the lack of newspaper accounts as simply being ALL THE MORE PROOF of gold. Because, go figure: This merely means the govt. did a hush job, and took the 2500 lbs of gold away. Eh ?

And then , if you doubted that, the faithful would say : "Prove that didn't happen". As if to infer that the burden of proof is on you to prove it DIDN'T happen. Rather than on them to prove it DID happen. And as long as you can't prove it didn't happen, then in their mind's eyes : It's the smoking gun that it happened.

Treasure psychology is fascinating. All rules of logic are set aside, when it comes to treasure.
    Last edited by Tom_in_CA; Mar 15, 2018 at 07:27 PM.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10049 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    Logic? Dreams literally led many people to give up everything and head out west to join the gold rush....
    But those "dreams" that compelled people to head west to the gold rush, and compelled Fisher to look for the Atocha, were based on facts. Eg.: there WAS a "gold rush". And that there WAS an Atocha. right ?

Don't confuse "Faith" with "Blind faith".: Faith can be based on factual data (that doesn't have more plausible explanations, and that doesn't fail Occam's razor test. ). So it would be faith (or dreams or whatever you want to call it) BASED ON FACT. Whereas blind faith is going out without factual indisputable data.
    Jason in Enid likes this.

us
    Owner

Apr 2007
    Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
    GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar & a lot more
    1250 times

Charter Member

Jun 2015
    40168 times
    Underwater B.B. stacking

us
    Owner

Apr 2007
    Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
    GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar & a lot more
    1250 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loco oro View Post
    I wasn't aware Mr parada is on site with them,I just assumed they cut him out of the picture, very interested to see how this plays out,being in my neck of the woods, I am quite familiar with the legend, very cool
    WE been working with the FBI in the snow for weeks before Dents Run.
    loco oro, embrym and Bumbalawski like this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10049 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinderKeeper View Post
    Finder-keeper, have you read a single bit of the contrary view and more-plausible-explanations that have been voiced on this forum ?? I notice you respond to zero (0) of it.

Feb 2005
    Tioga Co. Pa.
    11 times
    Dennis. So much has been going on since then. I do have some information stuck away in my files. I have not searched for anymore information on the subject. I forget what branch it was in. One of the smaller streams in that area. I'll dig out my files sometime and let you know what I have.

us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    6323 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FinderKeeper View Post
    The day you posted this link to old news you had already left Dent's Run. I guess you and the FBI want to keep this secret but if you found the gold everyone will know it when you are not begging for a television show. Did you pay the FBI for their time and waste of money to keep them quite? If not the FBI should be letting everyone know exactly what happened because they have wasted taxpayers money.

I have seen the UPDATE: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...205747589.html

NO GOLD FOUND AT DENT'S RUN. You sure have ruined everything for every treasure hunter in the country now. Thanks FINDER'S KEEPERS. You have to find before you can keep.
    Last edited by franklin; Mar 19, 2018 at 02:59 PM.
    doverturtle likes this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10049 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    The day you posted this link to old news you had already left Dent's Run. I guess you and the FBI want to keep this secret but if you found the gold everyone will know it when you are not begging for a television show. Did you pay the FBI for their time and waste of money to keep them quite? If not the FBI should be letting everyone know exactly what happened because they have wasted taxpayers money.

I have seen the UPDATE: A load of Union gold went missing during the Civil War, legend has it. Did someone just find it? | Charlotte Observer

NO GOLD FOUND AT DENT'S RUN. You sure have ruined everything for every treasure hunter in the country now. Thanks FINDER'S KEEPERS. You have to find before you can keep.
    Franklin, you are a voice of fresh air and common sense. Thanx for the link.

I bet that this doesn't dissuade the "finderskeepers" guys. They will figure it's deeper. Or a little to the left. Or a little to the right. Or that the govt. took it while they weren't looking, etc.... At no point is the legend not iron-clad true. And never does a more probable explanation of the claims in the story exist.
    franklin likes this.

Mar 2016
    2987 times
    Well they will have some more dig photos to upload to their web page.
    I’m surprised nobody has published the court records leading up to this.
    Maybe it was some sort of arbitration?

I suspect there may be some FOIA request submitted soon, so as to keep this story in the media (as if they have anything against running the same exact story over and over).
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    6323 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Franklin, you are a voice of fresh air and common sense. Thanx for the link.

I bet that this doesn't dissuade the "finderskeepers" guys. They will figure it's deeper. Or a little to the left. Or a little to the right. Or that the govt. took it while they weren't looking, etc.... At no point is the legend not iron-clad true. And never does a more probable explanation of the claims in the story exist.
    There is no documentation to verify this treasure story. It came out in treasure magazine about 1975 and before that there was nothing. There is nothing in the OR and there is nothing at the US Library of Congress in the Pinkerton Files. It is all he said she said. There is nothing even in the local newspapers of any payroll, soldiers killed, bodies found, mules found, mules killed, There is absolutely nothing until 1975.
    Jason in Enid likes this.

Feb 2004
    Mesa Arizona
    3658 times

dents run treasure

There is a story in the county history well before that. I'll post it from my other phone.
    Last edited by sgtfda; Mar 19, 2018 at 10:08 PM.
    Simon1, franklin and miboje like this.

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links