dents run treasure

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I understand your skepticism but I've been following this case for years, although I've never physically been up at the site. Finders Keepers produced pictures on this site that showed the claim area dug up and an old Pickax head lying on top without any handle. The story was that there were tire tracks traced from the claim site down to the road bypassing the gate. I don't recall if there was any evidence of heavy equipment being used like backhoe tire tracks, etc. But I thought there was a mention of trailer tracks? Pictures were produced showing men in uniform (purportedly DCNR) removing cameras from the trees and carrying them away. As far as I know FBI was called in and did an investigation into this ground breaking but not sure what they found? Dennis was very patient with the DCNR until they started moving the goal posts on him to do a dig. After he started producing the required amount of gold to dig, from his drill tests, is when the dig happened. Sounded like an inside job since no one had this information.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you really accusing the DCNR of stealing a treasure from Dent's Run. There never was a treasure at Dent's Run. The FBI was called in because of the same accusations made by Finder's Keepers. Where is the proof? If you could see people digging, do you have any of the images of gold being removed? No, you do not. There is no gold at Dent's Run. The Dent's Run gold story was a story in treasure magazines spun off by other stories such as Michael Paul Henson's Buchannon, West Virginia gold story that happened about the same time. No gold at Dent's Run.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... Sounded like an inside job since no one had this information.

Yup. Just as predicted in option # E, in post #377 . I'm prophetic.

As for all the "suspicious" things that could be dreamed up: This sort of reminds me of the "proofs" of Aliens at area 51. All the salacious details of "suspicious persons" with dark sunglasses and trench coats. And "strange metal found in the desert", and eyewitnesses who say they saw such & such (bigfoot, Loch ness, Elvis, etc...).

ANYTHING, and ANY story (Oak Island, etc..), when given enough "mysterious unanswered questions", can be made to bolster a claim. Hollywood is very good at this, for example. That's why we all sit on the edge of our seat, and can't resist a good conspiracy theory.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kudo623, if I remember correctly, I may be wrong on this, Dennis put up cameras after the gold site was dug up. Also Dennis posted on Tnet, he was gone for a week and when he returned, an area 4x4 by 10 foot deep had been dug and the silver had been removed. This was the first time silver had been mentioned besides gold that was buried there.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... and when he returned, an area 4x4 by 10 foot deep had been dug and the silver had been removed.....

Well now you CAN'T argue with iron-clad bullet-proof evidence like this. Can you ?? So there you have it folks : Anytime you're walking down the street, and see a hole that someone dug: It meant that ... most certainly ... treasure was there.

I work in construction related industry. And ... as such ... see holes dug in the ground. Little did I know that was the smoking gun that treasures had just been extracted.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand your skepticism but I've been following this case for years, although I've never physically been up at the site. Finders Keepers produced pictures on this site that showed the claim area dug up and an old Pickax head lying on top without any handle. The story was that there were tire tracks traced from the claim site down to the road bypassing the gate. I don't recall if there was any evidence of heavy equipment being used like backhoe tire tracks, etc. But I thought there was a mention of trailer tracks? Pictures were produced showing men in uniform (purportedly DCNR) removing cameras from the trees and carrying them away. As far as I know FBI was called in and did an investigation into this ground breaking but not sure what they found? Dennis was very patient with the DCNR until they started moving the goal posts on him to do a dig. After he started producing the required amount of gold to dig, from his drill tests, is when the dig happened. Sounded like an inside job since no one had this information.
If they let him drill holes I sure don't see why they didn't let him dig, you either get permission or you don't as I don't think they would let you drill holes in the first place. I think this might be made up so he didn't seem like he's wrong, why anybody seeks fame instead of just having an amazing find is beyond me.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..... why anybody seeks fame instead of just having an amazing find is beyond me.

because the real value is in the tale. You can only recover a "treasure" once, and after the cost of the hunt and recovery there is little true profit to be made. But you can sell the story of the hunt countless times. That was the REAL truth behind all the KVM books.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... why anybody seeks fame instead of just having an amazing find is beyond me.

Well, Who among us doesn't love a good "atteboy" for our finds, eh ?

But then it can degenerate into oddity for a few. I think md'rs have seen this odd quirk among our ranks before. For example: there was a man & wife, in a metal detecting club near me, that would come in to the monthly meeting's show & tell with choice old silver. Eg.: a seated quarter one month, a silver dollar the next month. etc... And they would receive the "oooohs" and "aaahhs" at the display table each month. Others in the club tried to get the couple to divulge where they were hunting. But the couple was tight lipped. And they relished in the attention and respect the cool finds generated from their peers.

HOWEVER, ... after awhile, it was discovered that this was what they were doing: They were strictly sandbox & tot-lot hunters. And would go out, each Saturday, and hit a multitude of school and parks in the area. Naturally they'd each get several dollars in clad by the time each hunt was done. By the end of the month, that might add up to $25 or $30 in clad. Then they'd go to the coin-store, and buy a seated, or a choice barber, or a silver dollar, or whatever (since they were coin collectors). And then go to the meeting with the coin-to-show.

And in their mind's eyes, they weren't lying by saying they "found it". Because, after all, they found all the coins that added up to be able to allow them to buy it. Right ? Hence they "found" it. Not lying, eh ? Needless to say, when word circulated about in the club, the couple lost all their prior attention.

We've seen it here on T'net before: Someone posting something that ... later ... it is discovered they didn't find it. I do not know HOW anyone can enjoy "atteboys", when .... deep down, he knows he didn't find it. But I guess some people just don't make that connection between reality and fantasy.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The state allowed us to drill 3/4" holes 10' deep to locate metal. YOU can' remove a lot of gold or silver by drilling. They would not let us dig it up , GET REAL. That was their job when we found it. The bond was for site survey only , to pound iron copper pins in the ground for GPL survey. Most of the info on this site is so far out of wack , it would take me weeks to try to answer your questions. BUT Kudo and Pa Plateau have it right on. Thank You
I can talk about what happen in the past before the FBI came on site but we can not give out info on what is going on now. Hang in there , this will be over soon. What happen at this site could change the laws in Pa. so lets stick together on this. Thank You

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Crow - Recipes - Cooks.com I just wonder how much crow some members here can eat :occasion14:

In post #377 above, I'd like to add another option in. To how or what you'd answer . Between option #E and option # F, add "name-calling".

So in other words, instead of addressing the evidence, or lack thereof, you go after the other person's character, intellect, personality, etc.... Eg.: in this case: "crow-eaters". I guess it could be worse, so.... I can't fault you too much :)

Ok, how soon do we all eat crow ? Refer to #377 for the answer.

holeymoley

Oct 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Dents Run Gold is about the biggest bunch of baloney that I've ever witnessed.... I smell a scam here! This was totally debunked by an historical archaeologist that says, The men never existed anywhere in the historical record of the United States Army, the weights and measures were wrong for gold, the place names were modern and not the names of the locations at that time period, Pinkerton's have absolutely no record of this in their archives and the very first mention of it is in 1973 in an article in Treasure magazine. The legend apparently appeared nowhere before that. Now you're telling everyone that you know more than the archie does ....... Let's see your research or don't you have any? The Archie has plenty of research apparently!

If anybody has any "FACTS" to refute what the Archie says, I'd like to hear them and see the source of the info. I certainly do not believe that there are any facts to support this treasure legend as I have also looked into it and found nothing but a regurgitated tale by Francis Scully that isn't even the original story.

Where are the FACTS??? :(
DSCF8274.JPG

Last edited:

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you all actually believe this?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You wouldn't have found gold from test drilling if the gold was found there in the past and if your saying it was taken from the time the holes were drilled to when you allowed to dig it up then I say highly unlikely. Not saying it's impossible but highly unlikely, lets say it was taken in that short time period then you know who took it right and if that's the case you should know how it should be approached next time as any treasure even close to that big would be worth the risk.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...there is a third one at a Fort in Kentucky that has a large cache of gold bars. :thumbsup:

Hahaha, those are long gone, just another empty hole. Just like all the other treasure tales. LOL

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trans.gif
FAMOUS KENTUCKY CROW
1 lg. feathered crow
4 c. cow manure
1 pt. Old Crow Kentucky Bourbon

Mix one cup Old Crow Kentucky Bourbon with 4 cups cow manure until pastry. Pack the manure around the crow. Bake in preheated oven 2 hours at 375 degrees. Gently crack the manure crust and remove crow. Throw crow away. Serve manure with LARGE shot of Old Crow Kentucky Bourbon.

Share:

holeymoley

Oct 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FinderKeeper, from you're post above you're politely telling everyone to eat crap.

Please show everyone your research. Let's see you back up what you're claiming.
Show us photos of the gold or your viking ship or your 5 million in silver from Gardeau that you've boasted of finding!
You've blown a lot of hot air .... Now it's time to show us the proof!
Inquiring minds want to know!
Time to put up or shut up!

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FinderKeeper, from you're post above you're politely telling everyone to eat crap....

And this is known in debate as : "argumentum ad hominem" . It's where, instead of discussing the merits of an idea (proofs, evidences, or lacks of evidences) they instead resort to name-calling.

But sure: Finderskeepers is being tame . It's not like "eat crow" is a very strong name-calling. However, on the other hand, it is not adding any evidence or merits to the discussion we're trying to solve.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread