dents run treasure - Page 27
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Thread: dents run treasure

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10053 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinderKeeper View Post
    Crow - Recipes - Cooks.com I just wonder how much crow some members here can eat
    In post #377 above, I'd like to add another option in. To how or what you'd answer . Between option #E and option # F, add "name-calling".

So in other words, instead of addressing the evidence, or lack thereof, you go after the other person's character, intellect, personality, etc.... Eg.: in this case: "crow-eaters". I guess it could be worse, so.... I can't fault you too much

Ok, how soon do we all eat crow ? Refer to #377 for the answer.

us
    Oct 2013
    48 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    This Dents Run Gold is about the biggest bunch of baloney that I've ever witnessed.... I smell a scam here! This was totally debunked by an historical archaeologist that says, The men never existed anywhere in the historical record of the United States Army, the weights and measures were wrong for gold, the place names were modern and not the names of the locations at that time period, Pinkerton's have absolutely no record of this in their archives and the very first mention of it is in 1973 in an article in Treasure magazine. The legend apparently appeared nowhere before that. Now you're telling everyone that you know more than the archie does ....... Let's see your research or don't you have any? The Archie has plenty of research apparently!

If anybody has any "FACTS" to refute what the Archie says, I'd like to hear them and see the source of the info. I certainly do not believe that there are any facts to support this treasure legend as I have also looked into it and found nothing but a regurgitated tale by Francis Scully that isn't even the original story.

Where are the FACTS
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8274.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	1577043
    Last edited by holeymoley; Apr 12, 2018 at 07:39 PM.

us
    Garrett watersports!

Apr 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
    233 times
    Do you all actually believe this?
    Member of the "Three Amigo Detecting"

us
    Aug 2009
    White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
    815 times
    You wouldn't have found gold from test drilling if the gold was found there in the past and if your saying it was taken from the time the holes were drilled to when you allowed to dig it up then I say highly unlikely. Not saying it's impossible but highly unlikely, lets say it was taken in that short time period then you know who took it right and if that's the case you should know how it should be approached next time as any treasure even close to that big would be worth the risk.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    13329 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Everything that I have says there are 889 Large Gold Bricks in two different locations, one in Virginia and the other in Tennessee...
    ...there is a third one at a Fort in Kentucky that has a large cache of gold bars.

us
    Oct 2009
    7470 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    ...there is a third one at a Fort in Kentucky that has a large cache of gold bars.

Hahaha, those are long gone, just another empty hole. Just like all the other treasure tales. LOL
    holeymoley and Tom_in_CA like this.

us
    Owner

Apr 2007
    Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
    GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar & a lot more
    1250 times
    FAMOUS KENTUCKY CROW
    1 lg. feathered crow
    4 c. cow manure
    1 pt. Old Crow Kentucky Bourbon

Mix one cup Old Crow Kentucky Bourbon with 4 cups cow manure until pastry. Pack the manure around the crow. Bake in preheated oven 2 hours at 375 degrees. Gently crack the manure crust and remove crow. Throw crow away. Serve manure with LARGE shot of Old Crow Kentucky Bourbon.

Share:
    Bumbalawski and kudo623 like this.

us
    Oct 2013
    48 times
    FinderKeeper, from you're post above you're politely telling everyone to eat crap.

Please show everyone your research. Let's see you back up what you're claiming.
    Show us photos of the gold or your viking ship or your 5 million in silver from Gardeau that you've boasted of finding!
    You've blown a lot of hot air .... Now it's time to show us the proof!
    Inquiring minds want to know!
    Time to put up or shut up!
    Last edited by holeymoley; Apr 13, 2018 at 02:08 AM.

us
    Oct 2013
    48 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kayden View Post
    Do you all actually believe this?
    I believe that some people believe anything that they read on the Internet! :P

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10053 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by holeymoley View Post
    FinderKeeper, from you're post above you're politely telling everyone to eat crap....
    And this is known in debate as : "argumentum ad hominem" . It's where, instead of discussing the merits of an idea (proofs, evidences, or lacks of evidences) they instead resort to name-calling.

But sure: Finderskeepers is being tame . It's not like "eat crow" is a very strong name-calling. However, on the other hand, it is not adding any evidence or merits to the discussion we're trying to solve.
    holeymoley likes this.

ie
    Jan 2007
    21 times
    Years ago my son and I spent time up in Dent's Run, communicated with a man called "Sarge" (former police officer if I remember correctly). He related knowing someone local (a jeweler I think) that actually discovered a bar up around the 'ambush site.' In any case, I started digging - even went so far as the National Archives, etc. You name it, I poked through it. If nothing else, I enjoyed the research (love history). I did find disjointed odds and ends that fit the legend, but was never able to string anything together - maybe cause there was nothing to string. I'm operating from memory here - it has been several years at least - but, I did find a couple things that truly sparked some excitement (or, at least fun). First, was the discovery of military records that matched the story. Second, I tracked the lone survivor (tracing his movements as best I could) from the site along a line that roughly ran SW and along which (supposedly) gold pieces were discovered by the Pinkertons. At the end of the line I discovered his name/family in the census records. Of all the 'research' I engaged in, that piece was the most intriguing to me. Please forgive me if I can't be specific - again, it was years ago and I gave my research to my then partner. On top of it I don't even reside in the country anymore. No matter what - it was a fun legend to pursue. Nothing better than getting out into nature.

us
    Jun 2012
    NJ
    Whites
    1284 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Finderskeeper...s , just curious. What is your position in the business? Is it a corporation? Are you president ? How many of the “workers” are members here? Is it voluntary?
    Perhaps I could use your services?? Rumor has it that their is $700 million in land owed to my fathers side of the family ? Near Allentown Pa , Blue mountain! Can’t find any info and most likely a rumor? The government has probably taken over the land for not paying taxes!
    holeymoley and Honest Samuel like this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10053 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Find a treasure. And THEN you "win".
    franklin and holeymoley like this.

us
    Karl

Jun 2011
    Quakertown PA
    Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
    17 times
    Cache Hunting
    I think the whole Finders Keepers bio is a great story of how a person can be inspired by a map, leave his job and take a great leap of faith and start his own Treasure Finding Business with his family. It takes some guts, grit, determination, perseverance, tenacity, all qualities that we embrace on this site as fellow TH and Americans. Its that opportunity we all have to be entrepreneurs. Some of us would like to do what Dennis did, but to leave our jobs and do it is not an easy thing, having a family to support, bills to pay, etc and etc. Having a business of my own I understand both the uncertainty of succeeding but also the faith one must have in his abilities granted to him from God and the "fire in his belly" to actually step out in faith and do it and succeed knowing that he will work long and hard hours and reap the rewards of his labors. Yeah, my hat is off to Dennis and his Team because they have done something that inspires us all. Thank you Dennis!
    sgtfda and Bumbalawski like this.

Jan 2017
    311 times
    Quote Originally Posted by starsplitter View Post
    Years ago my son and I spent time up in Dent's Run, communicated with a man called "Sarge" (former police officer if I remember correctly). He related knowing someone local (a jeweler I think) that actually discovered a bar up around the 'ambush site.'
    My uncle lives in St Mary's.

An old timer was his neighbor and his story was a local man sold gold shavings from a bar to a jewler from time to time.
    The man would never say where he got the gold bar or show the bar to anyone.Just sold shavings from it when he needed money.

IMO just folklore but not to far off the story you have gotten.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links