Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
Like Tree335Likes

Thread: dents run treasure

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    8595 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    ....or calling member liar ....
    For the record: I do not consider finders-keepers to be a "liar". On the contrary, finders-keepers is quite sincere. The issue boils down to the word "found". To finders-keepers, he has "found" something, if he's narrowed it down to a certain cave, meadow, etc.... But to others, it's not "found", unless you've actually recovered something.

So the issue revolves around definitions of "found". Thus, for finders-keepers definition : No, he's not a liar.
    Honest Samuel likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    BILL

Jul 2015
    s.tier NY
    TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
    559 times
    Metal Detecting
    yaunnnnnnnnnnn..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzz

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    27130 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Here is my prediction, insulting, attacking and bashing directed at members will earn time outs as a couple found out already.

"Help keep the atmosphere at TreasureNet fun! Sniping, name calling, denigration and other generally negative or abusive actions are grounds for moderation. In extreme cases grounds for banning!"

"Keep the discussion civil, respectful and on topic. (This is a family friendly website!)"
    Honest Samuel and River Rat like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    8595 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    And I very much love finders-keepers having done all this. Because it's a case-example of scores of similar stories & legends that come up on T'net. This one has all the components . And as such: Is a fascinating case example of the psychology of treasure fever. To under-score the recurring themes that run through each of them. Any why/how people think what they think, do what they do, say what they say, etc....

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    8595 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Here is my prediction, ....
    oops, I think we "jinxed" each other. I posted at the exact same time as you, to clarify that I am not considering Finder-keeper to be lying. On the contrary: He is quite sincere.

And I hope that to say "where's the proof?" (albeit rather ... uh ... "spirited" ) is not to be considered "bashing".

I'm actually sort of glad he came on with this story. Because it gives all of us here at T'net, an inside look at how these things get started, how easy they are to believe, how folks react to counter-evidence, etc... Ie.: a real look at the psychology that goes into the legends.

Charter Member
    us
    BILL

Jul 2015
    s.tier NY
    TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
    559 times
    Metal Detecting
    :

Feb 2004
    Mesa Arizona
    3460 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1523899564.109363.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	627.8 KB 
ID:	1578797

Tom a offer just for you. Come to Arizona. I'll take you to touch, feel and smell the lost silver bars of the Silver King Mine. Course they are no longer lost. You have been spouting about treasure and bull stories so I thought you would like to see the real deal. Your not that far away.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    8595 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtfda View Post
    .... Tom a offer just for you. Come to Arizona. I'll take you to touch, feel and smell the lost silver bars of the Silver King Mine. ....
    We've been in this conversation before. I've seen those pix before. And : You did not personally find them. Right ? Someone else found them. Eh ?

Ok, then so too can I tell you of "dazzling tips of icebergs" I've been shown. That have "stellar lineage" . Ie.: Spoken of, in first-person-present-tense "found", by the person showing them to me. I was blown away. Certainly a metal detector will make "child's play" of finding the rest. Right ?

But guess what happens when you go to trace the roots and origins of the coins or bars or whatever it is you're being shown ?

I too can bring you to CA and show you "bars of silver" or "gold coins", etc.... That "my good friend so & so 'found' ". But the moment you scrutinize my "good friend so & so", then guess what ? It turns out he didn't actually dig the bars or coins. But not to worry : He got it on good authority from so & so.

Are you beginning to see the permanent regression ?

So for me to go to AZ and touch/feel/taste silver bars someone can show me (with the back-drop of an obvious made-up treasure legend ghost story in the same photo), then . ........ gee .... I wish it were more conclusive than that

But hey, I've had a good time md'ing in AZ in years past. Barbers, IH's, relics, etc....

Feb 2004
    Mesa Arizona
    3460 times

dents run treasure

Suite yourself. I offered.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    2822 times
    I am moving to Ca. to join professor Tom to search for treasures in his state and Pennsylvania. We will keep in touch.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    8595 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Suite yourself. I offered.
    You also did not tell the reading audience the answer to my question. Namely:

You did not find those silver bars you could show me. Right ?

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    2822 times
    Right professor Tom.

Feb 2004
    Mesa Arizona
    3460 times
    You know Tom I've yet to see you post anything positive. I made a great offer and you scoffed at it. My friend who is a partner in the Silver King recovered them. He called me to come over. Had something to show me. I suppose he pulled 150 pounds of silver out of his butt. The drill holes are for assay samples.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    8595 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    You know Tom I've yet to see you post anything positive. .....
    It can be "positive" to get to the root of the merits of a treasure story. I would very much call that "positive".

I too have been shown such "tips of icebergs". And rushed off in search of treasure because of them (hard to disupute , eh ? After all, the person didn't 'pull it out of his #ss', right ? But lo & behold , other explanations surfaced. Even when the person was phrasing it in first person present tense "found".
    Last edited by Tom_in_CA; Apr 16, 2018 at 06:08 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    13672 times
    You know Tom I've yet to see you post anything positive. I made a great offer and you scoffed at it. My friend who is a partner in the Silver King recovered them. He called me to come over. Had something to show me. I suppose he pulled 150 pounds of silver out of his butt. The drill holes are for assay samples.
    Butt ,holes, and assay's...... Strange things silver bar discussions. L.o.l..

Hope you are well Sarge.
    flyadive likes this.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links