poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Denny, Do you think. With only having 1 1/2 inch's of diameter to work with.. There is a way to use an Auger type mechanism to put it down the tube and turn it to catch the drillings, debris on.. Like small shelves on the bit to catch the drillings on... And if the sides of the pipe would help hold it to bring it up...

Good Luck! :thumbsup: Poorhunter78

schieftain

Apr 27, 2011
Philipsburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Another idea... could you somehow use capillary action? If there is water down there, send down a flexible plastic tube. Once you're at the right depth, seal the top, pull the whole thing up. Like a straw in a glass of water with your finger on the end. Not sure if it would create a strong enough vacuum to bring up the solid material. Just an idea.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Long rod with a tapered hollow cone fastened to the end . Fill the cone with heavy grease . press firmly
to dottom of hole and retreive . Heavies will stick in the grease and come up .

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi Dennis
Is there any status at Dents Run?
Are you guys back at it after the heat wave?
Thanks
Karl

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not sure I understand.

If everything from old stories/legends points out to be civil war related and you have civil war artifacts, then
how can you even think it is Spanish related as you have no Spanish artifacts?

And, to reply to a previous comment The Pinkerton's were not perfect from what I recall reading about the Old West robberies I would not place all my faith on them getting it right.

mtntrekr2

Jul 15, 2007
berks county, pa.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 1000, Xterra-70 x3, Garret ace 250,
You can try sending a rod down with a wad of cheese cloth on the end any metal shavings will get stuck in the cheese cloth when you pull it back out.

just an idea
Joe

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CoilFisher, We believe have found the Civil War gold :icon_scratch: its the state DCNR that thinks it could be from Indians or Spanish. We have located what we believe is pig iron containers 8 feet down. The clay around each container is dark gray and black and we can not drill through the metal. The Civil War wagon train did not have the gold in pig iron containers . They painted the gold bars with black lead paint to make it look like lead or silver bars and if they plan to put them in pig iron containers why paint them :icon_scratch: But the Spanish did use pig iron containers to ship goods. So who knows what we found time will tell :dontknow:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kudo, We have located 5 of them and they are 6 inches deep but we don't know the with or length. They are in a 4' X 4' area on a big rock that is tilted at a 45 degree angle. We first thought the containers were stacked like a pyramid but after further drilling we found out they are on a rock made of lime stone. When we pound our steel rod through the top of all 5 of them the rod drops 6 inches and stops. So it looks like they are empty if they are boxes. I guess the boxes would be to heavy to drop down a 8 foot hole if they had 4 bars at 50lb each = 200lb + pr box. Maybe they empty the boxes and buried everything . We have gold readings so we believe there is something in the area. :dontknow:
We just bought larger core bits and a mini camera system that will show us what is down there.
I now have over 15 drill bits from 6' to 12' long , I think I would be better off drilling for gas :icon_scratch:

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
I think you are correct. Drilling for gas (which does far more damage) is allowed in Pennsylvania's state forests.

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Curiously, they passed that Heritage Act not so long ago.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the circumstances up there.
Seems to be alot of legends of lost treasures on state lands---coincidence or what?

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
well i'd say 20K is history worth noting
are you drilling deeper today?
can u use your GPL to pin point?

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The GPL worked great but there is to much water or damp ground down under to get it to pinpoint. The Ground Radar hit this right on target within inches. The Long Range Locator also hit this on target within inches. I know some people out there don't think these tools work and I was also one of those that did not believe in them but I was there to see the results. I hired the best people out there to get the job done and it pays off. The radar cost me $2,500 for the person to come in from Ohio and scan a 12' X 12' area and in 20 minutes he was done and I paid. If you are on state land or on privet land and you have to get the dig right the first time, be sure about what you have and spend the money and get it right. If anyone needs help on what to do before they dig they can email me and I will try to help. :read2:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ground Radar showed a metal object 8 feet down. In order for the radar to pick up a metal object the metal has to be at least 1 inch in size for every foot down. So we know the metal object is 8 inches in size or bigger. The radar can see metal but it cannot tell what kind of metal. Then for our GPL to pick up a metal object it has to be 2 pounds or more in weight. The GPL shows the metal to be 8 feet down. Our two box will pick up a metal object at 10' but the object has to be the size of a 5 gallon bucket and at 20' the object has to be the size of a 50 gallon drum. So the object is 8 " or bigger, 2 lb or more in weight, and the size of a 5 gallon bucket or bigger in a 4 foot sq. area :icon_scratch:.
The Long Range Locator could not tell the depth but it could tell the size at 4 feet sq. So if we have many pig iron containers in a 4 foot area the GPL and the 2 box would only pick up one even when many are there. The Radar and the Longe Range Locator show it to be around 4 feet sq. Time will tell which one of the units were right or if all of them were right. :icon_scratch: This is all of the info I can give out at this time.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They Deffinately went to great lengths to bury things back then... I couldn't Imagine "Myself" Digging that deep to bury something...

So you have an inch and a half pipe, Down 8' in the ground.. to work through.. Your new addition with the camera, Would be neat to see...

I once watched the city of Morgantown.. Run a Camera in the sewer and found a collapsed line... That was Cool to see..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions