dents run treasure

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still dont see any gold.

Didn't Mark Twain have a saying for something about gold mines.

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think Dennis' saying about 'mines' are better--50% and book/movie rights are 'mines'
Dennis: Did your GPL help pinpoint the gold?

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I seeing different photos that what others are seeing? You mention photos of workers, but I only see what looks to be two young kids. Am I missing something?? Do you have any clearer photos? Why should you abandoned drilling the pig iron, are there better targets to drill? I still wonder why they would have buried them so deep, that's a lot of work without digging equipment, which I doubt they had with them.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing they were put down Crevices
between rocks.

Dosn't make sense to me,
to dig that deep either.

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Its easy to speculate, but I don't know of anyone here who, if they believed they found the ambush site, based on 6 years of hard work and research and evidential findings, and detector readings, would not scour every micron of it? I think Dennis' greatest asset is his tenacious work ethic and it looks like those young men he's got working for him share in that.

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm not doubting anyone's work ethic here, and that goes for everyone!
Heck, this is one of the biggest treasures in the world, and many have worked hard to find it,
but not as hard as what Dennis is doing right now.
Who here is going to believe 2' down, how about 4' or even 6' or even 8' deep?
Dennis didn't dismiss anything, and doesn't doubt the gold could be buried 6 feet or more but listens
to what his equipment is telling him. Who can criticize or fault him on this? For don't we also listen
to our equipment? And if we hear a blip at 6 feet at the ambush site would we dismiss it saying its too
far down? Hell I think the same thing but what do I know? Apparently a lot less than Dennis.
I cannot criticize his methods or anything he does that goes far and above what I would do.
Sounds like a great idea using the copper pins down the holes for the GPL.
Were you going to vary the rod depths and take readings?

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
Hmmm... nothing like letting the map out of the bag :) .... Guess I'll have plenty of company in the Spring...

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
The map helps show where events happened. Any remaining gold could be anywhere, on or off of that section of map.

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Personally, I dont believe there is any gold there.
This was all common knowledge for years. It is not like this information came about from a long lost diary entry that was unknown to any.
Several people searched and everyone knows about it and they have for decades.
Everyone loves a good treasure story, and even better a Civil War treasure story.
But, I think this was taken by either the locals there or the soldiers themselves. It was a time of great unrest and little law.
That's too much moolah to leave around in the forests of Pennsylvania for that long and if anyone did ever find it they sure were not going to raise their hand and tell someone.
It's a wooded area in Pennsylvania--not the depths of the Carribean Sea. This isn't uncharted territory.
I am more inclined to believe in Captain Kidd's trove; even though historically pirates did not bury their treasure; they spent it--and quite liberally.

I do hope you find something to make all your hard work worthwhile! You definitely deserve it!

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
Insofar as personnel records go, FinderKeeper is on to something based upon what I've personally seen. But, the inquest records are what really would nail this down. In any event the supposed finding of wondering mules and the bars southeast of Bell Draft/Dents by Pinkerton detectives is consistent with archival documents and census records for the most likely "Connors."

orion024

Jan 4, 2010
Does anybody know where exacty this shipment was suppose to be going??? This is the question that I find crucial to finding where it was placed/buried. I have heard of 4 different locations and 1 of these 4 that I believe to be very logical!

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another thing that I dont quite get is: If they were carring a gold shipment, why were the men paid off in the middle of the woods, and allowed to go back to some tavern to get drunk? I would think that they would be paid off after the mission was complete, and surely not in the woods, doesnt sound like the smartest time to pay the men off.

Poisoned: but first digging a hole to bury the gold, then everyone poisoned, and not a shot fired? Is there any record of this many men missing from an assignment, where were they buried?

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The only guy who knows more about the story than anyone is Finderskeepers.
Dennis : How is the work proceeding?

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
yeah murphy's law never quits sometimes and it sounds like he likes gold too?

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am asking anyone who cannot have respect for people on this site who are spending real time and real money searching for treasure, please reserve or remove your embarrassing comments, as some have already done.
Thank you.

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
No doubt you take it to a different level. But people got to understand how you took that leap of faith in starting your own business--I know what that is like--its a lot of long hours and hard work. Happy Labor day, you deserve it.

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh just checking back.

Will be getting closer to Winter now.

Still nothing yet?

Well, as harsh as it may sound I dont think anyone left 60 bars of gold in the Pennsylvania woods.

I am an optimist but also a realist. I think you would be lucky to find one bar, and that's already happened.

schieftain

Apr 27, 2011
Philipsburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
FinderKeeper said:
Hi Everyone :hello: , Sorry about the delay on updates but we will be starting a new post on Dents Run this week. It will bring everyone up to date faster. Around 9-11-2011 someone has dug at the site and removed the artifacts from 10' down under. We are working with the Ridgeway State Police and the FBI to get everything located. What they took belongs to everyone, this is part of our history they took. Yes we do know who did this and I will give you info as we can. This is going to make a great ending for a movie. ???
We started a new post so please send all new post there for replies

Where is the new post?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread