The Truth about the biggest and best treasure site found in Pa. Dents Run Lost Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update / This show and tell never happen. Our lawyer had us put this Dents Run site and our other sites in Pa. and Va. on hold. We been working on something much bigger than all the sites we have located and ready to dig at. We are in Nova Scotia ,Canada working with the Government, Museums, Heritage, and others. Our lawyer said if we do something wrong in Pa. we would not be able to cross the border into Canada, he was right. DCNR can charge me with anything up to taking Federal gold and it would stick until court was held. No we have better things to do at this time.
I do think about this site every day and the day will come for me to tell all.:BangHead: check out the post below.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/o...-chamber-located-new-ross-nova-scotia-25.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/472035-tunnels-more-just-found-new-ross-n-s.html

Last edited:

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PLEASE do keep us informed,,

Maybe a "mailing list" of all interested parties emails should be put together and used to disseminate information when it becomes available.
I would definitely subscribe.

Hit

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack Shaw age 85 spent 20 + years at Dents Run looking for the lost gold shipment and the last years doing a book on Dents Run. Dennis Parada , Kem Parada, and Jack Shaw will be speaking and answer questions at the open house. The date is early Aug. I will post any info as it comes in.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update / We just got a phone call from DCNR ( Sat 9:30 am ) telling us we can return to the Dents Run site and finish our research but no treasure hunting . When we are done with our research we will give the info to DCNR / Museum Commisoners first then hold a open house in St. Marys , Pa. in Aug.
I will post all updates here.
Thank You All for your support

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We been working at our site in Nova Scotia and now we are back to work at Dents Run. We will post a date for our open house soon. The St Marys Historical Soc. just got a new building and don't have the man power for a fund raiser so we will look for another place . The site we have in Nova Scotia is much bigger than Dents Run and we can dig and drill their. We are working at Dents Run this month (Sep) and as soon as we finish our research we will post a date and time.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just went public with our site in Nova Scotia and Dents Run is NEXT, If you go to the Oak Island post you will see our post there ( Tunnels and more located in New Ross ) or ( Templar Vault Chamber Located )
Thank You

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just got word from a person that his great, great uncle was in the civil war and they still have his letters from him. What's so great is he was on the wagon train with all the gold and sent letters to his family. The letters say it was confederate gold they had and not from out west. That's why no one could ever find anything about this shipment :BangHead:. Now is the good part. If the gold bars are marked with confederate markings then the gold will be returned to Richmond, Va . I think. This is why DCNR doesn't want us to dig it up , they don't get any of it and I don't think Pa. would get anything . From what I know, all of it would go south:laughing7: maybe I should be working with someone from down in Va.:icon_scratch: Next week I may just do that.
I am going to see if I can copy the civil war letters and read them and post them here.

ladydigr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hunted for the lost gold for years. I am sure it never existed in any form. none of the story checks out . no army records of Lt Castleton or any of the rest. The steam ship named in the story was launched in the 1880s There was towns all over central pa . they would not have taken mountain paths. The railroad ran to Renovo pa and on up the river by then. No records of the pinkertons ever being in the area for lost gold.. Plain out if looks like a mule it probably is a mule. prove it with something besides logging relics from that era.

Deerjrky

Feb 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hood morning all. I am not saying that the above find is bs, but i as in Benezette on 04/29/2016. Went up by o look at the Elk. Talked with h a few lines cals, and no one knows anything about this find. also spoke to a few residents on " Hicks run, at dents run. And got the same answers.
I think that the locals would know, if there was some ch a find.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You
Our lawyer had us put this Dents Run site and our other sites in Pa. and Va. on hold. We been working on something much bigger than all the sites we have located and ready to dig at. We are in Nova Scotia ,Canada working with the Government, Museums, Heritage, and others. Our lawyer said if we do something wrong in Pa. we would not be able to cross the border into Canada, he was right. DCNR can charge me with anything up to taking Federal gold and it would stick until court was held. No we have better things to do at this time.
I do think about this site every day and the day will come for me to tell all. Check out the link below.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/472035-tunnels-more-just-found-new-ross-n-s.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just signed up with a Film Crew to do our own TV show in New Ross, N.S this summer so all posting is on hold. Later this year we will be back to doing hunts in Pa. again. You can message me if you have any questions. Thank You all :occasion14:

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Left Cave 4.jpg Left Cave 5.jpg Left Cave 7.jpg Left Cave 11.JPG
These pictures were taken from inside the Dents Run cave site. We located a Indian Skelton with a crutch he used, so he was injured. Note how he removed the bark from the upper part so it would not rub against his side . The gray on the crutch looks to be a knife holder with a coin or something shinny on it. He have pictures of the skull and there is a lot of black hair all over this site.

Last edited:

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1511394 View attachment 1511395 View attachment 1511396 View attachment 1511397
These pictures were taken from inside the Dents Run cave site. We located a Indian Skelton with a crutch he used, so he was injured. Note how he removed the bark from the upper part so it would not rub against his side . The gray on the crutch looks to be a knife holder with a coin or something shinny on it. He have pictures of the skull and there is a lot of black hair all over this site.

Thanks so much for sharing these pics, Dennis. So this is directly related to the Dent's Run treasure? The hair looks like horse hair, but wouldn't hair that old have rotted by now? Interesting.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We took these pictures with a remote cam that was 32' back in the cave. It was a ***** trying to get these pictures. It stays cold in this part of the cave all year around and no openings for air to flow in or out so would hair or animal skin last 100's yrs ???? I would like to see if they are coins and the date on them and get better pictures of his living area. But this work does not pay the bills and we spent a lot of weeks trying to get more info. Our question is was he here before the civil war gold was put here or after. From what we see it looks like he was here way before the gold was here.

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm responding to your story about the 'Dents Run Gold'.

It's relatively straight forward to research treasure legends and over 90% of them are fabricated. The principles involved in the Dents Run legend; Lt. Castleton and Sgt O'Rourke and Connors do not exist in any US Civil War records of our National Archives or any genealogical records in America; they were made up. There is also no record at all of any missing military payroll during the entire Civil War according to the US Army. This legend does not appear anywhere in history until the mid 1960's!

These legends are written by individuals who seek their treasure in the pockets of people gullible enough to buy their books and stories. A good local example of this sort of author is Francis X Scully. He's written lots of stories about local lost treasures; all of them fabricated out of the work of another well known local folklorists. Referencing his work only makes you look foolish. The bottom line is that very few of these guys who search for treasure know how to conduct historical research and make fraudulent claims about lost treasures causing our state agencies to waste money, time and man power over these.

I am an Historical Archaeologist and I spend a great deal of time debunking these legends.As an historical archaeologist I believe that the truth needs to be told about these legends so that people quit wasting money and public resources looking for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread