Revolutionary war, western pa mercer county treasure considerations

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This area I checked for detecting purposes. The way I see it this area was considered west at one time, occupied by many Indian tribes, they would hunt and plant the lands. French and Indian war, Somewhere they either surrendered or killed off depending what you believe. So metal detecting doesn't offer much, but many arrow heads etc. that's my guess, if any of you have other information please tell us. Important area pre George Washington days.

LesterJB

Jan 13, 2011
Rockland, PA.
Detector(s) used
trident
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This area I checked for detecting purposes. The way I see it this area was considered west at one time, occupied by many Indian tribes, they would hunt and plant the lands. French and Indian war, Somewhere they either surrendered or killed off depending what you believe. So metal detecting doesn't offer much, but many arrow heads etc. that's my guess, if any of you have other information please tell us. Important area pre George Washington days.

I do know that Gen. Washington travelled through the area of now goddard state park/lake wilhelm. I know a guy who owns one of the houses he and his detachment stayed in (basement is original and even has a sealed off underground railroad tunnel that connected a similar house down by the lake) for a few days, when it was new. From there to Ft. Lebouf (Waterford) I know for sure, he traveled, so that may be something worth researching (not a researcher). Hope that spurs you to action! - Les

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread