Pa. is out of money so why not let treasure hunters get permits to hunt and dig$$$$$

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the state is broke why not let treasure hunters get permits and license to hunt and dig for treasure. This alone would raise money and if the hunter gets to keep a % I am sure this would raise a lot of money . It would get a lot of kids out of the house and give a lot of retired people something to do. This is one of the best things ever for both sides yet we all lose . We have over $100 million located and ready to dig to see whats there , yet the state ( DCNR ) says no dig and no % will be given, we take it all, Thank You :laughing7:

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would make a lot more money if I did :laughing7:, DCNR treasure hunting laws are a JOKE to :BangHead:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the state is broke why not let treasure hunters get permits and license to hunt and dig for treasure. This alone would raise money and if the hunter gets to keep a % I am sure this would raise a lot of money . It would get a lot of kids out of the house and give a lot of retired people something to do. This is one of the best things ever for both sides yet we all lose . We have over $100 million located and ready to dig to see whats there , yet the state ( DCNR ) says no dig and no % will be given, we take it all, Thank You :laughing7:

I'd pay $300 for a Yearly Permit to hunt the Gettysburg Battle Fields & Get all those Pesky Confederate Relics out the way

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be willing to pay up to $1000.00 a yr for a state wide permit and give the state 50% to 75% of what we find . They could sell smaller permits, that each county could charge what they want. Even if they had rules to follow and bonds to dig , its still worth the fun to be on a real hunt. Why not let us check out the sites before they build a Mall or high way or dam or drilling platform. Who is doing more damage to our history , us or them.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
malls would be the property owners rights to say yes or no.

Highways would technically be Penn-dot's

In both cases Fear of what you may find stopping production

and fear of Law suits will prevent most higher ups from saying Go for it.

In both cases workers & security may be willing to look the other way
as long as they don't fear you, as an out for no good... thief or protester
there to do damage to equipment.

Last edited:

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love for this to be the case, FK. Let's lobby them! It's a win win for all involved...the state makes money either way. But then someone would have to be hired or appointed as a watchdog to make sure property is not being destroyed, and you're always going to have those kinds of folks with no respect.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and if I gotta give up 75% of what I find.
their cut is going to be the duplicates and Trash :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love for this to be the case, FK. Let's lobby them! It's a win win for all involved...the state makes money either way. But then someone would have to be hired or appointed as a watchdog to make sure property is not being destroyed, and you're always going to have those kinds of folks with no respect.

DCNR would check on the treasure hunters. When you get a permit ,it would have on it the days you plan to work it so they can check on you. If you screw up, you would lose your permit and no more for 5yrs and No treasure hunting in the state. Or pay a BIG FINE and they make money again :hello2::cross:. Every day people hide money in the ground, drug dealers do it to so there will be many sites to hunt for many years.

Hay if Jeff wants to start some kind of paper to get things going I am all in to help:icon_thumleft::bronzemedalgreen:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$100 million? uh huh, I'd take my chances

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
No way I'd have them keep anything I'd find after they'd charge for a permit. This state isn't broke as the ching ching of our $ is in the pants pockets and purses of our wonderful politicians.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Whom are you speaking of?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

PA STATE, THEY HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY IF THEY WOULD JUST BUDGET AND CUT CORRECTLY.

victhedog

Jun 24, 2008
Stroudsburg Monroe co. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Specra V3I, Whites Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Plus next thing is to have a permit to hunt your own property
they do this if you want to work on your property

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
You're right about permits for working on our own properties. I wouldn't put it past them to insist we get a permit to detect our own properties, but i would suspect the cities and towns to do this first as they're more apt to nit pick for revenues.

TwistedT

Nov 15, 2014
Westmoreland County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher F5,
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......................oh you're serious!! :laughing7:

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be willing to pay up to $1000.00 a yr for a state wide permit

You were given a chance to put up a bond and dig at your Dent's Run site but you refused to do that.

I highly doubt you will ever be given a permit to dig anywhere on PADCNR property.You have threatened to sue PADCNR multiple times.Why in the world would you expect them to have any further dealings with you?

I own 40 acres in Clearfield County ....pay me 1k and I will let you dig a few holes.
You will be able to find as much evidence of a Templar castle on my property as you have anywhere else.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You were given a chance to put up a bond and dig at your Dent's Run site but you refused to do that.

I highly doubt you will ever be given a permit to dig anywhere on PADCNR property.You have threatened to sue PADCNR multiple times.Why in the world would you expect them to have any further dealings with you?

I own 40 acres in Clearfield County ....pay me 1k and I will let you dig a few holes.
You will be able to find as much evidence of a Templar castle on my property as you have anywhere else.

You own 40 acres , YA PROVE IT :laughing7::tongue3::laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread