rockroid

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2013
eastern, south dakota
Detector(s) used
fischer gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never herd of it, but anything is possible, I'm in spearfish all the time, would be a fun thing to find

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a whole story in an old book by Thomas P. Terry. He used old newspapers and I plan to try to search for the source that he found referencing it, since down the road we want to do a book on the stories in that state.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
It is interesting, some treasure stories fall apart when you check into them. Example is a question I got about a train robbery by a place 1860-1870s. And the rail wasn't laid til 1882. So that one would be one to scratch off the list.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Well we got another lost treasure book underway for this state too and once I have the job of proof reading it I will post some tidbits for South Dakota for folks to check out. My wife was working on it tonight and mentioned a bank robbery in 1931. I asked a few questions and it seems that happened in Nebraska and the loot was buried in Wisconsin. I told her put it in and we can move it where we need it later. We are still turning up some good news stories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread