MineLab X-Terra 70

kathy1945

Greenie
Dec 2, 2006
Camden, Benton County TN
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505 (made by Bounty Hunter)
Re: "NATCHEZ TRACE" LOOT

At the risk of being pushy, I'm in Camden (Benton County) and sure would like some hunting partners. I'ts kind of cold, but at least the bugs are gone and the vegetation is down.

Mike_of_Tenn

Nov 19, 2008
White Bluff, TN
Detector(s) used
MineLab X-Terra 70

Hi there Kathy, soon as I get another machine I'd love to go out with you somwhere..I can take the cold for a little bit. What kind of detecting do you do?

Mike

kathy1945

Greenie
Dec 2, 2006
Camden, Benton County TN
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505 (made by Bounty Hunter)

Hi, Mike! I hunt whatever there is. I haven't had very good luck so I'm not very choosy. We used to have a club we were trying to get together called SMTTH for all of us in this area. I'm not sure what happened to it. In fact I don't even remember who was in it because we never met. Were you part of that?

Kathy

Mike_of_Tenn

Nov 19, 2008
White Bluff, TN
Detector(s) used
MineLab X-Terra 70

I remember that SMITH club I was going to be part of it but I guess it never happended. Infact I found the old post the other night on here about it and checked the link to the club and it no longer exsisted. :( Owell there is nothing stoping us from forming another. But I don't own a machine now...One day I will learn not to sell-off my toys! In the mean time I am looking for a new machine and armchair hunting! LOL I have located a couple of ghost towns I want to try to hunt as soon as I get a machine. I am also trying to get my old user name back with Jeff's help. You might remember me as "MikeTN"..Anyways I'll let ya know as soon I get a machine and we'll go out on a hunt. And maybe I can get "bigTim" to go too!

Stay in touch!

Mike

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75

Wow, what a story!
Such bloodthirsty bastards, huh? Now I want to move to Tennessee ;D

Good luck to all of you that check it out.
Mike

pops9653

Apr 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happened did you guys get together? You do know that the actual trace may or may not be where the trace is now. Roads change over the years and go through more than they did back then.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have permission to hunt under the hill, one of my good friends owns all of it. If ya"ll come to natchez email or pm me and we can hunt together. I have some videos of some of the properties i hunt if yall want to check them out. kshollywood - YouTube

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like you all where on to something did you get any where. It's kind of funny I was just going over to a place there just off the trace.
It has and old house on it and it is on the old trace not the new one. The guy the told me to hunt all I would like to. I think he has a good bit of land there.
I have deer hunted all over that place back in the 80's and saw him this past week so this will be a good fall hunt. HH

Last edited:

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What happened did you guys get together? You do know that the actual trace may or may not be where the trace is now. Roads change over the years and go through more than they did back then.

Yep that they do the new road is still just a few 100 feet off the old one. I'am looking to go up there asap and will post any find.

Mike_of_Tenn

Nov 19, 2008
White Bluff, TN
Detector(s) used
MineLab X-Terra 70
Yes...I am back from the dead...I for one am interested in a hunt..Well and a new detector...But I still trust my old back-up Ace...LMK!

Mike

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'am going to go up there in a few week to see if he has deer hunters there. I know that I hunted there for deer. I'll post up asap on that, the part of the trace that I can hunt is in williamson Co. or Maury.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2013
Ok lets do this! I plan to drive the trace this weekend maybe and have a look. I brought it up on GoogleEarth but I can't zoom in real close. Looks like there is ALOT of farm land that we might be able to get permissions to.
Twister what all do you know about it? Your closer so I guess you have a better idea as to where we might could hunt. I guess we could use this thread to converse on the subject and maybe people intrested could swap PMs or even phone numbers..What does eveyone think?

Mike

Count us in

twoauers

Jul 7, 2013
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An Idea for you guys

Is there no Private land along the Trace at all ?

Get a good map of the Trace, listing County names. Look at look the ajacent and connecting name roads.

Next Look up each County you want, on the records will be the name and address (Road name) of the current owners.

the ones on adjecent roads and connecting roads. Write to them asking permission to hunt, explain the plan to them, include your picture and info to gain some trust. All will not say no, some will. But this way you have a plan mapped out county to county.

Also if they write back with a yes-you have proff of permissions to do it.

I am doing this now for a rout along roads out of Baton Rouge, along the Intersection of the Red river and the Mississippi, hunting for the en-camp-ments on the route the Swap Fox took with his men. Getting prepaired, then take off and have fun.

Best wishes on your finds; Jon in Nashville.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just got permission to hunt a piece of property that has a mile of the sunken trace on it, and it runs along a creek. Hopefully I'll find something to post on here.

ScreenwriterChic

Sep 3, 2013
Nashville, TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I just saw this thread and am new to all of this, but I live in Williamson County very close to the trace. I would love to go with you guys if you ever go hunting!!! Please let me know if you do. It would be such great fun!!!

Thanks!

Ravenwolf77

Nov 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all I live in benton County if anyone want to hunt the trace I am able to hunt anywhere in the trace at one point in time the trace use to be all of my family land till TVA and the Tennessee GOV force my family off the land now my family are aloud to hunt there also I know the lay out of the whole trace even know couple of caves that are there that no one ever knew where they are so if any one want to hunt meet let do I am not far can take you to places that are off limits to other people

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread