Texas has more buried Treasure than any other state

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
And those are just the 'big' stories! Then there's what's still out there in raw treasure like gold you can pan or detect, silver, semi-precious stones, meteorites, lost jewelry in parks/lakes/rivers, caches from the Spanish, Mexican, French, various settlers, the battlefields, military camps, stagecoach routes, cattle trails, THE COAST! Pick a direction and there's something worth looking for-we have a little of everything!

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
That's a cool site Trish!

Wouldn't it be nice to find just one of those, or at least a spill from it!!!

PyleDriver, you are correct, we do have a little of it all here in TX!

Grip

OP
OP
T

trish76642

Pick a direction and there's something worth looking for-we have a little of everything!

we sure do!

Wouldn't it be nice to find just one of those, or at least a spill from it!!!

oh yeah! I can only dream......

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
To bad most of have that "work" thing we have to do instead of being out there searching.

Most of it will not be recovered in our lifetimes. I watched pavement go over a site years ago that I am almost certain held a nice little cache.

Oh well, back to "work" :-X

OP
OP
T

trish76642

Shaw said:
To bad most of have that "work" thing we have to do instead of being out there searching.

Most of it will not be recovered in our lifetimes. I watched pavement go over a site years ago that I am almost certain held a nice little cache.

Oh well, back to "work" :-X

aint it the truth Shaw...life is so unfair.

Did you ever get to detect that site before they put pavement over it?

P

pippinwhitepaws

so....which is it?

"Arizona has more lost treasure tales than any other state in the nation. Between Coronado's expeditions to the Wild West days and tales of outlaw loot, the tales of hidden treasures can astound you and keep you busy searching for years to come.

Heres a list of hidden Arizona Treasures!

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/AZ-Treasures.html"

OP
OP
T

trish76642

Texas has more buried Treasures then any other state.

Arizona has more Lost Treasure Tales than any other state.

Thats just what i read anyway...who the heck really knows for sure? No one.

I posted that sight in the Arizona Forum Pippi. Alot of people have it saved on their computer, but some didnt. I found it interesting.

the tales of hidden treasures can astound you and keep you busy searching for years to come.

Yep it sure would keep me busy, but like Shaw said, "if only we didnt have to work."

K

Kentucky Kache

Probably most of the lost or buried treasure has never been written in a story.

OP
OP
T

trish76642

Cache Crazy said:

My point exactly CC. :wink:

K

Kentucky Kache

~trish~ said:
Cache Crazy said:

It's pretty exciting to think that there are probably more treasure still in the ground than has already been found. Or at least there COULD be.

OP
OP
T

trish76642

Cache Crazy said:
~trish~ said:
Cache Crazy said:

It's pretty exciting to think that there are probably more treasure still in the ground than has already been found. Or at least there COULD be.

Oh i know! Im always wondering, and wishing i knew where buried treasures were around here where i live, heck if i even knew for sure where buried treasures where, and if they really were there, where ever, i'd travel just to find them.
How fun would that be?!

K

Kentucky Kache

~trish~ said:
Cache Crazy said:
~trish~ said:
Cache Crazy said:

Oh i know! Im always wondering, and wishing i knew where buried treasures were around here where i live, heck if i even knew for sure where buried treasures where, and if they really were there, where ever, i'd travel just to find them.
How fun would that be?!

...Kinda gives you that Huck Finn feeling. I think it's a way of extending our childhood. :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
T

trish76642

Yeah...lord knows i'll never grow up...how bout you?

One mans trash...

Mar 29, 2009
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV
Cache Crazy said:

And... If you believe the stories, most of what's been found has never been written of. If you believe the stories of what's been stashed, you kind of have to believe the stories of finding the evidence of caches being removed. Not stories of the actually finding, but accounts of those who got there too late. Like ranchers giving people permission to hunt (this is from way back) and eventually going to look around themselves and finding something like a hole with clear marks of a banded strong box or remnants of money bags. Or folks known to have rented or bought the place said to have a rich cache somewhere on it who mysteriously sprouted great wealth. If you found seven cargas of Spanish silver or ten-thousand dollars face value of 19th century gold coin, would you tell the world?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions