Texas has more buried Treasure than any other state
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Texas has more buried Treasure than any other state

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    trish76642

    Texas has more buried Treasure than any other state

    with 229 sites within the state's borders. The total value? An estimated $340 million. And much of this treasure lies under the rugged oaks and rocky landscape of the Texas Hill Country.

    http://www.legendsofamerica.com/TX-Treasure6.html

    interesting websight.
    embrym likes this.

  2. #2
    us
    Dec 2007
    North Texas
    Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
    414
    82 times
    Cache Hunting

    Re: Texas has more buried Treasure than any other state

    And those are just the 'big' stories! Then there's what's still out there in raw treasure like gold you can pan or detect, silver, semi-precious stones, meteorites, lost jewelry in parks/lakes/rivers, caches from the Spanish, Mexican, French, various settlers, the battlefields, military camps, stagecoach routes, cattle trails, THE COAST! Pick a direction and there's something worth looking for-we have a little of everything!
    embrym likes this.
    Wearing out hiking boots and digging tools for pulltabs...yes I have found a pulltab in the remote desert!

  3. #3
    us
    Apr 2009
    North, Texas
    White's XLT & Quick Draw II
    491
    8 times

    Re: Texas has more buried Treasure than any other state

    That's a cool site Trish!

    Wouldn't it be nice to find just one of those, or at least a spill from it!!!

    PyleDriver, you are correct, we do have a little of it all here in TX!

    Grip

  4. #4
    trish76642

    Re: Texas has more buried Treasure than any other state

    Pick a direction and there's something worth looking for-we have a little of everything!
    we sure do!


    Wouldn't it be nice to find just one of those, or at least a spill from it!!!
    oh yeah! I can only dream......

  5. #5
    us
    Mar 2008
    Houston Area
    ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
    858

    Re: Texas has more buried Treasure than any other state

    To bad most of have that "work" thing we have to do instead of being out there searching.

    Most of it will not be recovered in our lifetimes. I watched pavement go over a site years ago that I am almost certain held a nice little cache.

    Oh well, back to "work"
    "Gimme oysters and beer for dinner everyday of the year"


    My New Novel (Beneath Creek Waters)
    www.jasonlbradshaw.com
    www.myspace.com/beneathcreekwaters

  6. #6
    trish76642

    Re: Texas has more buried Treasure than any other state

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaw
    To bad most of have that "work" thing we have to do instead of being out there searching.

    Most of it will not be recovered in our lifetimes. I watched pavement go over a site years ago that I am almost certain held a nice little cache.

    Oh well, back to "work"
    aint it the truth Shaw...life is so unfair.

    Did you ever get to detect that site before they put pavement over it?

  7. #7
    pippinwhitepaws

    Re: Texas has more buried Treasure than any other state

    so....which is it?

    "Arizona has more lost treasure tales than any other state in the nation. Between Coronado's expeditions to the Wild West days and tales of outlaw loot, the tales of hidden treasures can astound you and keep you busy searching for years to come.


    Heres a list of hidden Arizona Treasures!


    http://www.legendsofamerica.com/AZ-Treasures.html"
    embrym likes this.

  8. #8
    trish76642

    Re: Texas has more buried Treasure than any other state

    Texas has more buried Treasures then any other state.

    Arizona has more Lost Treasure Tales than any other state.

    Thats just what i read anyway...who the heck really knows for sure? No one.

    I posted that sight in the Arizona Forum Pippi. Alot of people have it saved on their computer, but some didnt. I found it interesting.

    the tales of hidden treasures can astound you and keep you busy searching for years to come.
    Yep it sure would keep me busy, but like Shaw said, "if only we didnt have to work."


  9. #9
    Kentucky Kache

    Re: Texas has more buried Treasure than any other state

    Probably most of the lost or buried treasure has never been written in a story.

  10. #10
    trish76642

    Re: Texas has more buried Treasure than any other state

    Quote Originally Posted by Cache Crazy
    Probably most of the lost or buried treasure has never been written in a story.
    My point exactly CC.

  11. #11
    Kentucky Kache

    Re: Texas has more buried Treasure than any other state

    Quote Originally Posted by ~trish~
    Quote Originally Posted by Cache Crazy
    Probably most of the lost or buried treasure has never been written in a story.
    My point exactly CC.
    It's pretty exciting to think that there are probably more treasure still in the ground than has already been found. Or at least there COULD be.

  12. #12
    trish76642

    Re: Texas has more buried Treasure than any other state

    Quote Originally Posted by Cache Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by ~trish~
    Quote Originally Posted by Cache Crazy
    Probably most of the lost or buried treasure has never been written in a story.
    My point exactly CC.
    It's pretty exciting to think that there are probably more treasure still in the ground than has already been found. Or at least there COULD be.
    Oh i know! Im always wondering, and wishing i knew where buried treasures were around here where i live, heck if i even knew for sure where buried treasures where, and if they really were there, where ever, i'd travel just to find them.
    How fun would that be?!

  13. #13
    Kentucky Kache

    Re: Texas has more buried Treasure than any other state

    Quote Originally Posted by ~trish~
    Quote Originally Posted by Cache Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by ~trish~
    Quote Originally Posted by Cache Crazy
    Probably most of the lost or buried treasure has never been written in a story.
    My point exactly CC.
    It's pretty exciting to think that there are probably more treasure still in the ground than has already been found. Or at least there COULD be.
    Oh i know! Im always wondering, and wishing i knew where buried treasures were around here where i live, heck if i even knew for sure where buried treasures where, and if they really were there, where ever, i'd travel just to find them.
    How fun would that be?!
    ...Kinda gives you that Huck Finn feeling. I think it's a way of extending our childhood.

  14. #14
    trish76642

    Re: Texas has more buried Treasure than any other state

    Yeah...lord knows i'll never grow up...how bout you?

  15. #15
    Kentucky Kache

    Re: Texas has more buried Treasure than any other state

    Quote Originally Posted by ~trish~
    Yeah...lord knows i'll never grow up...how bout you?
    It aint lookin' likely.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

buried treasure in houston texas
,
buried treasure never found in texas
,
buried treasures in texas
,
does texas have the most buried treasure
,
precambrian rock in big spring west texas
,
state with the most buried treasure
,
texas has more buried treasure
,

unfound treasure in texas

,
unfound treasure texas
,

unfound treasures in texas

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0