Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Re: Jim Bowie's "Cave Of Silver"

Very cool Jeff,

I should be in Texas in a month or so... I will keep you in mind.

Marc

p.s., very cool things you are working on there - hiring?

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Marc said:
.... I believe it is a storeroom of treasure... silver and some gold stashed in a cave in 1639 by indians who revolted against oppressive Spaniards who forced them to work in silver mines in central Mexico...
Marc

Marc, I recall a gold treasure site where many famous people were involved in financing. F.Lee bailey was one. The gold was found by their group but someone, the rumors the US Gov't, got all the gold first. If you are serious about this and if it is really, really valuable, you need to talk to people who understand the process and problems involved.

The land owner will probably sue even if you buy the land. Texas will also be standing in line as well as the IRS and probably the Indians and Spain as well. It can be a huge can of worms that takes decades to resolve.

A very knowledgable group are the ones who discovered the "Central America" boat treasure. This won't be a secret for very long. Maybe get an attorney and make a deal with the land owner. Of course, he won;t really need you unless only you can find the spot.

The story would make a great book too. No matter what the outcome. Good luck Marc!

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

'Exactly why I am sitting here in the South of France (a place I HATE) with my deported girlfriend! (but THAT'S a whole 'nuther chapter!) It seems like a win-lose situation!

I am at a loss for words folks.

Sorry.

whitt459

Feb 20, 2006

hi marc ! knowing the area where this place must be ,i would say that the best way to get acess would be to wait for hunting season (as this area depends on hunting leases for income )and inquire about a lease for 1 on 2 wks witch would give you time to remove items without anyone knowing about it .the only way to do it in texas if you want the profit without being tied up in court for the next 30 yrs. just my take on the subject. whitt459

thrillofthehunt

Greenie
Dec 2, 2008

Marc,

Hope things have started to work out since you last posted on this thread. I am from Fredericksburg, Texas and have always been interested the story of this mine/cave. If you need anything from me, just let me know. I am friends with some very influential people in this area and maybe I could be of some help. I wish you luck.

Justin

hollywould

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2009

What ever happened with your pursuit? I'm in San Antonio 3 times a week.

bob123

Feb 25, 2009
east coast

Marc said:
I learned about this legendary treasure when I was just 13... in 1975. It is one of the main reasons I created TreasureNet.

I believe it is a storeroom of treasure... silver and some gold stashed in a cave in 1639 by indians who revolted against oppressive Spaniards who forced them to work in silver mines in central Mexico.

I believe I found the entrance to the cave this past January... Unfortunately, I have been unable to gain access to the site from the landowner and am so frustrated, I am tempted to post the exact coordinates here at TreasureNet....

Would that be encouraging illegal activity?

lol.

Anyone have 5 mil I can borrow so I can buy the land? (just kidding - sort of - )

sigh.

cry.

Marc
Marc I was wondering if you could site some specific history for this mine i have not ever heard of it and as for coinminer although it was two years ago i agree with him a person to person talk with this person will get you farther then writting letters but it soounds like you dont have much of a choice. :-\
I hope something turns up,
-bob

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions