Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Solar1953

Thread: Possible outlaw loot hidden/buried near Cedar Hill?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2013
    TX
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Possible outlaw loot hidden/buried near Cedar Hill?

Anyone ever heard anything about outlaw loot being hidden in a cave or natural overhang near Cedar Hill? Supposedly west of the town near Joe Pool Lake, and possibly underneath the lake now.

us
    Jul 2013
    Arlington, TX
    1 times
    OK, I'll expand a little on this. I grew up in a small community between Mansfield and Midlothian Texas called Britton. In this community lived an old gentleman named Herman Cope. His Father, who went by the name "Boss" Cope, had often told a tale of some outlaw loot purported to be buried in a "cave" somewhere between Britton and Cedar Hill, an area now largely occupied by Joe Poole Lake, but not entirely. I know of no more details than this, other than I have heard my own Father and Uncle discussing this several times while I was growing up. They never made any attempt to locate it, and in all the time I ran around in the hills in that area, never ran across anything resembling a "cave". But, in my teenage years, we seemed to have a reasonably large number of Bats flying around Britton around sunset. Where did they come from? I have no idea, but small sinkholes were known to appear, one even on our property, now and then that, no matter how much soil you put into them, they could not be filled up. This lead me to believe that, possibly, a cave might exist somewhere beneath the area of Britton and Joe Poole Lake. Maybe not, but it does lend a small amount of credence to Boss Cope's story.
    lastleg likes this.

us
    Oct 2012
    Belton Tx
    53 times
    Neat stuff There's a place close to my farm that something was buried by the indians . I found stuff on the net about it and the older man that owns the place told me that his mother told him about it when he was a kid. He even took me to the area where it should be at . Just so grown up you can't hardly walk

Feb 2008
    204 times
    Before the Comanche relocation to Ft Sill OK some Indians hid their booty (items stolen from settlers).
    I talked to a man back in the 70s who was then near 100 yrs old. He said an Indian was seen hanging
    around his homeplace looking for markers where he had buried his stash. This man showed me a
    "museum" he had way out in the sticks with Indian garments, old weapons, bows, arrows and so much
    authentic artifacts I was stunned. I still have three signed books he wrote. The area was between
    Weatherford and Springtown.

Sponsors