zzzz.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,159

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Hi Jeff!
Boy!
The guy who wrote that article, SURE!, needs to update his info!
Just kidding!
I know that it was written MANY YRS AGO!
But!
A $200 MD, that will detect a cache buried in a cave under tons of rock, etc !
Aren't such a beast!
Today and!
Especially,
Back then!
Sure wish there were, tho!
Even, if just the cave's entrance were covered/sealed over, no MD will penetrate back very far!
I/we, am/are working on a "Confirmed" :) cache/site, and we haven't found any such device to indicate the cavern.
AND!
We're Working AND! Standing, right above the 350'l x 150'w x 90'h cavern!
With a nice BIG! :o cache of bars...IE: 72lbs, 67% gold, each, as per an actual US Govt assay results!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, Nice Catch Bill :D

I'v noticed who ever this guy was who wrote
this book. He made alot of Spelling Errors
and even Location errors here & there.

But I Didn't pay attention to Every Comment he made.

I don't even think an Editor or Proof Reader would
have caught that one.
unless he
was a Treasure Hunter himself.

My guess the Writer wasn't

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
I will be up near that area!
I may have my bother "fly" me up there and I'll see if I can find/see signs of a recent avealance (caused by the Aztecs as per the article)

We once flew up to Page Canyon Dam from Scottsdale for "Lunch" ;D
I have some "Super" unique aerial photos, that I took that day!
NOT ONE BOAT WAS "ON THE WATER"! ::)
'cause that was the year that Uncle Sam "ran" out of money ::) and had to "shut down" ! ;D
The photo shows every boat tied up at the Marina! :)

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
supposed to be haunted by evil aztec spirits....Kane23

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aztecs were never in Utah. The Spaniards did come here and enslave the local Navajo, Utes and Paiutes. Forcing them to work in the mines for, mostly silver, some gold. This gold and silver was Pack muled out to the gulf of Mexico, where it was shipped back to Queen Isabella. It was reported to have amounted to 1/3 of the Spanish treasury at the time. The Indians rebelled. killed off the Spanish and drove them out. So conquistador armor and gold has been found all over Utah. There are so many stories of lost caves/mines with Spanish gold, that every small town has their own version. Many a sheep herder boy, looking for a lost ewe, stumbled across a small whole in the ground filled with armor and gold. But the story always ends he couldn't locate the spot when he took others back......However, some has been found! We can only dream.

gecko13

Jun 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aztecs were never in Utah. The Spaniards did come here and enslave the local Navajo, Utes and Paiutes. Forcing them to work in the mines for, mostly silver, some gold. This gold and silver was Pack muled out to the gulf of Mexico, where it was shipped back to Queen Isabella. It was reported to have amounted to 1/3 of the Spanish treasury at the time. The Indians rebelled. killed off the Spanish and drove them out. So conquistador armor and gold has been found all over Utah. There are so many stories of lost caves/mines with Spanish gold, that every small town has their own version. Many a sheep herder boy, looking for a lost ewe, stumbled across a small whole in the ground filled with armor and gold. But the story always ends he couldn't locate the spot when he took others back......However, some has been found! We can only dream.

Agree with you 100%
That Kanab story is a pile of horse feces, It's actually a combination of two seperate stories, the hill in Kanab where some moron had a "vision" of a Nephite chapel buried under the hill and the one involving Montezuma's treasure reached by an underwater entrance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread