Primary Interest:
Other

Alpha137

Jan 5, 2017
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of legends about Butch Cassidy and his exploitations. I would be he spent anything he and the Wild Bunch put their hands on. Although, there is strong evidence that he didn't die in Bolivia.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes there is evidence that he lived. As for if any loot is buried somewhere, that would be debated by many. The stories are the important thing for me, digging into little known or forgotten history can turn up some surprises.

Alpha137

Jan 5, 2017
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there is evidence that he lived. As for if any loot is buried somewhere, that would be debated by many. The stories are the important thing for me, digging into little known or forgotten history can turn up some surprises.

I agree. The stories are great and there is a lot surrounding him. If I come by any good ones I will bring them here. The Castle Gate robbery is a very interesting one. And one were there truly could be a cache involved. I have heard stories for years about the hideout in the San Rafael and speculation that there are caches around the area. I am always skeptical, but one never knows for sure. If a hideout was found it would definitely be worthwhile to bring a detector and check it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread