OP
OP
Killedseth

Killedseth

May 23, 2012
Okeechobee, fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about William Kirk faquier county. If anyone knows anything please let me know I'm very close to finding his last will and testament. I know the date it was filed in the county courthouse.

OP
OP
Killedseth

Killedseth

May 23, 2012
Okeechobee, fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. In my research I found a story about a retired Scottish pirate. He bought a farm somewhere around Warrenton and new Baltimore. Snow hill farm 400 acres in 1760. He buried 6 casks containing $10,000 worth of whatever. The farmers name is William Kirk, whom died in 1779( I found in courthouse documents his will was filed in Faquier county May 3rd 1779) he left the farm and $60,000 in currency to his wife. Some years later a poor farmer working the land found a cask, quite and bought his own farm and equipment to the tune of roughly $10,000. The rest was never found. Now I also found a book titled Virginia Ghosts (jenny lee and marguerite du pointlee) which tells a story about Snow Hill farm being haunted a couple locals Aleck Smith, and George Grey found the farm but were chased away by the ghost of William Kirk.

The farm was sold to a col. William Edmonds. Don't know the year.

Now the poor farmer that found the first cask, don't know his name just that somewhere around 1870 this tenant farmer found the cask giving a small amount to Edmonds grandson whom still owned the farm keeping the majority of the find (Spanish silver and gold) for himself.

I can't find where the farm was, and have incomplete information at best.

OP
OP
Killedseth

Killedseth

May 23, 2012
Okeechobee, fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot I did find a snow hill dr that insects with a Kirk ln, in New Baltimore

slylikea_fox

Mar 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is a little old but sparked my interest since I live just around the corner and my fiances parents live in New Baltimore. I'm curious if you found any more data saying where the farm is? I know of a neighborhood with a similar name but that is it. I need to do a little searching.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have pirate William Kirk's Will and I don't think there is very much treasure is there to find. At least that is according to his Will. There may be some small caches from others but William Kirk's assets are accounted for and was sent back to his home country and relatives.

That is the trouble with a lot of these stories. Research will rule out most of them. I tossed this one to the side a long time ago. The treasure buried by John Singleton Mosby is another treasure that you can seek but you won't find. Yet these treasure movies and magazines will keep hashing them over and over.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Col. Mosby (CSA) returned the ppl's jewelry back to them; Gold was "used up", & Silver is still not found, according to my R & I. :dontknow:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What silver? The money hidden after the capture of General Stoughton did not happen. Mosby died a pauper. If there were any treasures he knew of that was buried by his Partisan Rangers during the Civil War, he, Mosby would have had it dug up and used it.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
MY R & I indicate that NO $$$$$$$$$ was taken by the CSA Raiders/Rangers... only GOLD, SILVER, & FAMILY HEIRLOOMS/JEWELRY.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about William Kirk faquier county. If anyone knows anything please let me know I'm very close to finding his last will and testament. I know the date it was filed in the county courthouse.

Would need More Details

• Evening public ledger. (Philadelphia [Pa.]), 19 March 1920.

000aaa.jpg
Evening public ledger. (Philadelphia [Pa.]) 1914-1942, March 19, 1920, Night Extra, Image 28 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

1837 to 1922
2826 results containing “the phrase " William Kirk"” nationwide

Search Results « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

1852 to 1908
32 results containing “the phrase " William Kirk"”

0 Results were found for the search “William Kirk faquier”

within 50 words of each other

searching
12,455,027 Pages from 1789 to 1922

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Would need More Details

31 results containing “the phrase " Snow Hill Farm "”
from 1860 - to 1922 Nationwide:
mostly ads .

Most interesting to me was a Barn fire

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/s...tance=5&rows=50&searchType=advanced&sort=date

• Evening public ledger. (Philadelphia [Pa.]), 19 March 1920.

View attachment 1510226
Evening public ledger. (Philadelphia [Pa.]) 1914-1942, March 19, 1920, Night Extra, Image 28 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

1837 to 1922
2826 results containing “the phrase " William Kirk"” nationwide

1852 to 1908
32 results containing “the phrase " William Kirk"” in Virginia / D.C.

searching
12,455,027 Pages from 1789 to 1922....
0 Results were found for the search “William Kirk faquier”

within 50 words of each other

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions