All Treasure Hunting
of course the Ghost is Imaginary.
However ....
The treasure ?

Freeland tribune. (Freeland, Pa.), 24 July 1890

000aaa.jpg
000bbb.jpg
000ccc.jpg

Freeland tribune. (Freeland, Pa.) 1888-1921, July 24, 1890, Image 2 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
OVER-NIGHT Trip... wife & I will go camping at that tree, next year; on our way to Kill Devil Hills (Outer Banks, NC)!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might want to bring a backhoe if it has been there this long. Might have a large root ball to dig around! As far as the ghosts, they can have the tree back once your done digging the treasure, right?!?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, we COULD go to a
"Rent-a-Hog Hoe", then take "Ghostie" along to meet BlackBeard & Friends at OBX for a GHOST PARTY! AAAARRRRRR! Won't be so "lonely", then...

Last edited:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be a fun trip and find some of old Blackbeard's treasure. Of course, I have read somewhere in the past of people that have lived in the areas of Ocracoke and Hatteras that he was known to stop that lived there for years that just one day packed up and left, never to return and no one ever heard or at least told of what or why they left. Makes you wonder if they stumbled onto a bit of hidden loot? Years ago, disappear and go somewhere else and start anew and no questions but not now. Too much to answer for and about and "i's" to dot and "t's" to cross. Never easily find a big hoard of gold coin or bars and be able to make a new life without attracting attention. But still, I'd be willing to give it a try, come on ghosties, where's the loot? Get the backhoe!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread