Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    us
    Nov 2004
    Edwards,Missouri
    MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
    34 times

Re: jesse james in wv

Go to this site.Seems to me there was something about WV.

http://forums.prospero.com/n/main.as...omz%2Fmyforums

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Nov 2006
    cape may nj
    garrett cx
    2 times

Sorry i didnt get back sooner but been busy. I havent did anything with the bar its with my uncle. He was affraid to because if it was stolen it might be a big deal so i dont know what to do with it. I am just going to look for more lol

Feb 2005
    1 times

Gosh! That's a wonderful find! Hope you discover more of them!

Cavers5

us
    Sep 2007
    Eskdale WV
    Prizm V
    53 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

There is a marker as you enter the city of Barboursvile W.Va. telling about Jesse robbing a bank within the city. Other than that....sorry

Nov 2006
    cape may nj
    garrett cx
    2 times

I will look into that and see what i can find thanks for the info. I have been trying to track him across WV and that put him on the right path that I had placed on the map. A coincidence I don't think so lol

Feb 2008
    Mason County
    Whites DFX SunRay DX1 Probe

I live not far from Barboursville, and if the James Gang stash is within 50 miles the DFX will be sure to sniff it out!!! It was said that he was going to rob the bank here in Point Pleasant, but the getaway would be to difficult with the Ohio and Kanawha Rivers would slow him down.

us
    Oct 2010
    Morgantown Wv
    3 times

I Lived In Braxton County And Sure Enough That Same Story Has Been Told By My Friends Great Grandfather
    We Have Scoured Alot Of Ground In Search Of The Gold But Nothing Ever Came Up In Their Way Of The
    Route Home

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    765 times

Quote Originally Posted by Gaijun1
    I Lived In Braxton County And Sure Enough That Same Story Has Been Told By My Friends Great Grandfather
    We Have Scoured Alot Of Ground In Search Of The Gold But Nothing Ever Came Up In Their Way Of The
    Route Home
    Got ties to Webster Co . Family just up the creek from me came from there . They had an old granny that lived with them when I was a kid and spent a lot of time there . When she got in her cups she would tell us of Jessie and some of his gang spending time at the farm she lived on as a 'hired girl' before they robbed the bank in Huntington . Her bonafides was a holed gold coin on a leather thong around her neck for her 'buryin'money . Purportedly given to her by one of the gang members for an 'accommodation'.
    Other stories she told us checked out through the family I married into down there . They strangely remained silent about that one even though one bil named his firstborn son Jessie James .
    Jim
    Wolfpack forever

us
    Oct 2010
    Morgantown Wv
    3 times

I Know Webster Springs Like The Back Of My Hand And Those Back Roads
    I Lived Thier Too Along With Sutton / Gassaway / Lost Creek / Clarksburg / Morgantown / Glenville / Boone County
    Shinnston / Saltwell / Mingo County And Calhoune County

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    765 times

Quote Originally Posted by Gaijun1
    I Know Webster Springs Like The Back Of My Hand And Those Back Roads
    I Lived Thier Too Along With Sutton / Gassaway / Lost Creek / Clarksburg / Morgantown / Glenville / Boone County
    Shinnston / Saltwell / Mingo County And Calhoune County
    Sent you a PM a little bit ago .
    Jim
    Wolfpack forever

Nov 2006
    cape may nj
    garrett cx
    2 times

ever heard of hinkle mt

us
    Oct 2010
    Morgantown Wv
    3 times

Hinkle Mt
    In Braxton County ?

us
    Dec 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Tesoro Vaquero

Quote Originally Posted by GatorsMoon
    I live not far from Barboursville, and if the James Gang stash is within 50 miles the DFX will be sure to sniff it out!!! It was said that he was going to rob the bank here in Point Pleasant, but the getaway would be to difficult with the Ohio and Kanawha Rivers would slow him down.
    I grew up and went to school in Barboursville. We used to camp in a place called Jesse James Cave out back of town. It was rumored that Jesse and his gang holed up there after a bank robbery. It was a cutback below a waterfall. First place that I ever saw Foxfire (the glowing lichen). There's a park there now. I wonder.....

Nov 2006
    cape may nj
    garrett cx
    2 times

sorry so long for replys but hinkle mt is in Nicholas County I think I will ask to double check.

Dec 2012
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by psdisme View Post
    I grew up and went to school in Barboursville. We used to camp in a place called Jesse James Cave out back of town. It was rumored that Jesse and his gang holed up there after a bank robbery. It was a cutback below a waterfall. First place that I ever saw Foxfire (the glowing lichen). There's a park there now. I wonder.....
    I've been to that park and that exact location many times, although I have never heard of any JJ stories in that location.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors