introduction page

Oct 24, 2012
casper wyoming
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 my first one
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey im george and i live in casper wyoming and im new to all of this. i would like some help on finding the right metal detector for me as a beginninger and i was thinking on getting this one called Bounty Hunter Tracker IV or this one called Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2 Hobby Metal Detector with Free Pinpointer and Carry Bag so i would like some help before the 1st of this month cause i will be getting one on the 1st

robertsyv

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2013
Casper WY
Detector(s) used
MD-L101, Fisher F2 ,Bounty Hunter BHJS Junior
HI I am Robert and I live in Casper. I am new to this and think it would be an enjoyable family hobby. I have a basic metal detector. I am also interested in panning for gold. Any suggestions or assistance would be great!

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Robert.

I am in Casper as well. I am currently waiting on delivery of my new detector, but that isn't a problem considering the snow on the ground.

There are also a few active folks from elsewhere in the state.

What part of town are you in?

WM

robertsyv

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2013
Casper WY
Detector(s) used
I live on the east side. I see you are a medic? I was a combat medics with the army and worked for BigHorn County Ambulance in Hardin MT for 10 years.

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good. I was a paramedic with WMC and other agencies for almost 14 years. I also spent those years on the fire dept.

I live off 21st street, toward Wyoming Blvd.

There are lots of places to detect around here. I have several pieces of private property that I access, as well as all sorts of public. I was using a Whites Prizm detector but got rid of it a few months ago to put toward a super new machine. Now we just need some nice weather.

WM

Scott in WY

Jan 4, 2013
Worland
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Robert, Welcome!

I'm up in worland, and also waiting for the snow to go away.
I did take my new XT705 into a thawed pach of the yard on sat, found a old broken hose end.HAHA, so I guess it works. I did try to dig another hit. but it was under frozen dirt and snaped the wifes trowel. I have not told her yet, hopeing to replace it this week :)
Temp is forcast for 40* on this sat. so I may find something else

robertsyv

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2013
Casper WY
Detector(s) used
I dug out my old detector it is a MD-L101 not sure how to even use one! I already had to repair a broken connection in the detector I was thinking of upgrading. any suggestions?

I just ordered a Fisher F2 Metal Detector for me and a Bounty Hunter BHJS Junior Metal Detector for my kiddos Ry is 5 And Harley is 14. I hope to spend a lot of time searching for treasure this summer with the kids!

Last edited:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been years since anyone has posted in this thread. I have seen a fellow swinging a whites at Sundance Wyoming this May. I was on my vacation back to Wisconsin and pulled over and yelled what ta hell are you doing at my spot! Had a good chat and gave him one of my metal detecting books. So the hunters are out there.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Also I have gone over my book since it had some errors in it, so it is a much better version. Ordered a bunch yesterday, since I have a standing order of a dozen for a sporting goods store. And I am sending one copy to that place in Florida that is said to be the biggest distributor in the world. Since I have a find in their advertising they might be interested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions