introduction page
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    George

Oct 2012
    casper wyoming
    Teknetics alpha 2000 my first one
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

introduction page

hey im george and i live in casper wyoming and im new to all of this. i would like some help on finding the right metal detector for me as a beginninger and i was thinking on getting this one called Bounty Hunter Tracker IV or this one called Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2 Hobby Metal Detector with Free Pinpointer and Carry Bag so i would like some help before the 1st of this month cause i will be getting one on the 1st

us
    Feb 2013
    Casper WY
    MD-L101, Fisher F2 ,Bounty Hunter BHJS Junior
    1 times
    HI I am Robert and I live in Casper. I am new to this and think it would be an enjoyable family hobby. I have a basic metal detector. I am also interested in panning for gold. Any suggestions or assistance would be great!

us
    Potentate with the upside down popcorn bucket hat

Jan 2013
    The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
    Truffle seeking pig modified for metal. The results have been so-so When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
    163 times
    Hello Robert.

I am in Casper as well. I am currently waiting on delivery of my new detector, but that isn't a problem considering the snow on the ground.

There are also a few active folks from elsewhere in the state.

What part of town are you in?

WM
    "You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."-- Albert Einstein

Let 'er Buck!!!

us
    Feb 2013
    Casper WY
    1 times
    I live on the east side. I see you are a medic? I was a combat medics with the army and worked for BigHorn County Ambulance in Hardin MT for 10 years.

us
    Potentate with the upside down popcorn bucket hat

Jan 2013
    The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
    Truffle seeking pig modified for metal. The results have been so-so When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
    163 times
    Very good. I was a paramedic with WMC and other agencies for almost 14 years. I also spent those years on the fire dept.

I live off 21st street, toward Wyoming Blvd.

There are lots of places to detect around here. I have several pieces of private property that I access, as well as all sorts of public. I was using a Whites Prizm detector but got rid of it a few months ago to put toward a super new machine. Now we just need some nice weather.

WM
    "You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."-- Albert Einstein

Let 'er Buck!!!

Jan 2013
    Worland
    X-Terra 705 Whites GMT
    12 times
    Hey Robert, Welcome!

I'm up in worland, and also waiting for the snow to go away.
    I did take my new XT705 into a thawed pach of the yard on sat, found a old broken hose end.HAHA, so I guess it works. I did try to dig another hit. but it was under frozen dirt and snaped the wifes trowel. I have not told her yet, hopeing to replace it this week
    Temp is forcast for 40* on this sat. so I may find something else

us
    Feb 2013
    Casper WY
    1 times
    I dug out my old detector it is a MD-L101 not sure how to even use one! I already had to repair a broken connection in the detector I was thinking of upgrading. any suggestions?

I just ordered a Fisher F2 Metal Detector for me and a Bounty Hunter BHJS Junior Metal Detector for my kiddos Ry is 5 And Harley is 14. I hope to spend a lot of time searching for treasure this summer with the kids!
    Last edited by robertsyv; Feb 19, 2013 at 02:00 AM.

Oct 2016
    1463 times
    Researching Treasure Stories Author
    It's been years since anyone has posted in this thread. I have seen a fellow swinging a whites at Sundance Wyoming this May. I was on my vacation back to Wisconsin and pulled over and yelled what ta hell are you doing at my spot! Had a good chat and gave him one of my metal detecting books. So the hunters are out there.

Oct 2016
    1463 times
    Researching Treasure Stories Author
    Also I have gone over my book since it had some errors in it, so it is a much better version. Ordered a bunch yesterday, since I have a standing order of a dozen for a sporting goods store. And I am sending one copy to that place in Florida that is said to be the biggest distributor in the world. Since I have a find in their advertising they might be interested.

Sponsored Links