• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz2.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,076

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff...
So do you only have some of the pages and stories ripped from the pages of that book? I've got the actual book if you need anything scanned. Just wondering...

Bran <><

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
godisnum1 said:
Jeff...
So do you only have some of the pages and stories ripped from the pages of that book? I've got the actual book if you need anything scanned. Just wondering...

Bran <><

I don't need anything from it, But maby someone elae will.

Thanks !

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem... just thought I'd offer. Good point though! :)

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chuicat,
Sorry, I don't have anymore information for you on that particular story. That's all that was noted in my book. I'm sure you already have it, but here's the link for state treasures throughout the U.S.
http://www.coinworld.com/NewCollector/StateTreasures4.asp
Your state is listed at the bottom of the page. If anything, it may give you some good resources to research the plausibility of the different stories... have fun!

Bran <><

LuisTH

May 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
godisnum1, so that was all that you found in the book?

I am interested in this story. What year was it that the stagecoach robbery happened? Anyone knows?

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LuisTH,
That was actually Jeff's post... I was just saying that I have the same book his ripped page is from. That is all that's on that particular story though. I wish there were more in there to offer you on it...

Bran <><

LuisTH

May 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
Thanks, at least it does give an idea of what and where to look for.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, you're welcome! ;D

Bran <><

manyholes

Dec 24, 2008
Wyoming
The story I heard was it came off the cheyenne to deadwood stage. the last survivor was hanged near dead wood SD they say the gold was burried closer to Newcastle. I also live in wyoming and have pondered the wareabouts of this gold. So much of that land is private and tough to access. Especially if you tell the owners you are looking for gold.

BAR BAR 2

Greenie
Mar 29, 2013
Wyoming Territory
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The story I heard was it came off the cheyenne to deadwood stage. the last survivor was hanged near dead wood SD they say the gold was burried closer to Newcastle. I also live in wyoming and have pondered the wareabouts of this gold. So much of that land is private and tough to access. Especially if you tell the owners you are looking for gold.

I have heard this version of the story with the robbers heading west and burying the treasure along the Belle Fourche River in Wyoming.

Tex

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Once we start doing a Wyoming book, we will check it out. This could be the story where a gold bar turned up in a bank window in Iowa I believe. One robber was bank presidents soon.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't find any articles on this one Using a KeyWord Search .

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if I remember correctly Jameson has it in one of his books

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Lost mines and buried treasures of old Wyoming by Jameson has two in NE part of the state. Pages 63 and 77. The later one was the one with gold bar in bank window in Iowa.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Still it needs further research, since I have found errors in his Montana stories.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I couldn't find any articles on this one Using a KeyWord Search .
And if Jeff can't find it and my wife cant find it, then I consider the possibility that creative writing around historical truth could be involved. We hit a few stories up in Montana the same way. That's why some folks claim the lesser known could pay off better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread