Medicine Bow Mountain Lost Mines - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Medicine Bow Mountain Lost Mines

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Oct 2016
    1464 times
    Researching Treasure Stories Author
    Found the Lost Smithers Mine story this morning, it is a nice good sized article. Still looking for the one on Jim Shaw out Elk hunting and making his find. Jim Shaw story was carried by both Penfield and Terry so there has to be a newspaper article on it out there.

Oct 2016
    1464 times
    So anyway continuing with the brief mentions of lost mines in that book on the topic. I came to the Seminole Mines, what little was mentioned was the year 1872 and they were a fraud! This is one of the better forgotten stories of the old days. A short search turned up 4 articles. One a reporter did a write up about his trip into the region and coming to Seminole City, a small mining camp. He included reports on the quartz and the size of the veins. It sounded like a place worth looking into with a metal detector. Our last two articles include a warning about investing money into the company, and little old ladies who's letters received no answer and had their houses foreclosed.

Oct 2016
    1464 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiredman View Post
    Bought some time back an interesting book on the mining camps of this region. Guess if you follow my posts you will come to the conclusion I buy up treasure books. Now there were a couple mentioned in a lost mines section. One was a lost Dalcomy mine (think that's spelled right). Well when I see that I check Terry's Wyoming atlas, here he had it. I had to wonder, hey this book is hard to find so how'd he come up with that? Fellow was offered $100,000 for it, refused to sell and then the vein pinched out. I figured it was how it became lost. That's just one of them, it was time to add something in Wyoming.
    Back to post number 1. The Lost Dacony Mine listed by Thomas P. Terry is claimed to be in the Laramie Hills, he also places the lost Martinez Gold Mine there as well. The Lost Martinez is in northern Wyoming and I failed to find any mention elsewhere of the Lost Dacony Mine. This one could have just been a claim that was filed and nothing more. Maybe someday there might be something that turns up. There is one other who works with me on this stuff who might still turn up the elusive lead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links