The Lost Mines of the Desert - Part V: The Lost Dutch-Oven Mine

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Don Jose', Dueno de Real y Minas de Tayopa wrote,
Here is a familiar view to refresh your memories.

Hmm, perhaps you spent a wee bit too much time with the vaqueros amigo, seems like you have a little mean streak. However I do not take it as any kind of offence, in fact I now extend the hand of friendship to you and our fellow amigo Joe (Cactusjumper) you probably could both use a nice break from all that terrible blazing sunshine and heat, a few weeks of playing cowboy is just what you need - and I can truly and honestly say, WISH YOU WERE HERE...
blizzard.jpg

<A view outside on a particularly nice Dakota January day, noon time>

<Horseback riding is one of the great benefits of working as a cowboy/sheepherder, and besides the luxury of "four-wheel-drive" it comes equipped with real leather upholstery, bio-genic heating system and is 100% "green" in that it runs entirely on renewable fuels>
cowboy1.jpg

<Lovely "rustic" accomodations are available for all our guest cow-pokes in the line cabins, with all the amenities of course including solar heating and flow-through ventilation>
tamara2.jpg

Cowboy-Cabin.jpg

<sweeping vistas are just a part of your every work-a-day>
cowboy_prairie.jpg

<In your free time we will have time for some friendly card-playing>
pcwe8-Playing%20Faro.jpg

<You will enjoy the wonderful clean FRESH AIR>
ND-Cattle-754937.jpg

<We can guarantee you are 100% safe from any hurricanes too!>
Blizzard.jpg

<Sadly, all good things must come to an end, but for the rest of your days, everyone will know that you are a REAL cowboy!>
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r307/freecommenttags/Redneck/cowboy.jpg
Oroblanco

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gang,
Scuba wrote "Old Bookaroo that was a great read. Too bad the mine was fake. I can't wait for part VI." I don't know where this has come from because, I have read a article that has it was found... This is Gold magazine Issue 1 Vol 1 Annual 1969, with the story directly told from Scholfield...

PLL

dutch1.jpg
dutch2.jpg
dutch3.jpg
dutch4.jpg

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Sorry to get off topic....has anyone heard anything at all from Old Bookaroo?? I am worried about him as he has not logged on in a long time and has not answered email either. :(

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for taking the time to write these stories, they are very interesting and a great read. keep up the great work and hoping that you share all your writings with us. once again, thank you very much. ron 8) :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread