Death Vally Mummies, Underground City

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
I am still planning to make a trip into this area!
I have to do a "little" Jeep repair/maintenace to do first!!
Seems that, on this last trip, Mar-April, the camshaft's fuel pump lobe, is so worn down, that it doesn't like to pump fuel to the carb when I am headed up hill! :-\
That! Can Be! AND! Was! :o
Very Nerve racking!

(ever had your engine stop dead, half way up a climb ?) :-\
I am planning to make the trip in the ('08) Spring some time!
Anyone care to come along? ???

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
cptbil: Do away with the old manual fule pump. Just leave it where it is and install an electrical one, saves all that work of having to tear down the engine. That is unless you want to! I grew up in a Rockhound family many moons ago in So. Cal and heard all the stories about Death Valley and the surrounding areas also. As a matter of fact we spent so much time in DV I thought I was born there!! We found a lot of interesting things and places to explore but no old tunnels leading to underground rivers and lakes. If you all make the trip, good luck. Your goning to need it. Oh, by the way, I have Indian blood in me too.

Desertfox

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Hi Desert Fox:
I have heard of one cave, east of Death Valley, in the "Furnace Mnts" !
Where, A couple of guys went in and never came back out!
The "Feds" had some Navy Divers go into the cave, because there is a large underground river in it!
The Divers explored as far as they could, they came upon a drop off and the decided for them, "That Was It"!The Feds" have since placed an iron grate/door across the entrance!
An old timer" once told me about a large cavern that he found, on the eastern side of the Panamints Mnts!
I hope that I'll beable to look for it, this coming spring!
Care to go along?

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Hi Desert Fox:
Are you going to be up to doing some exploring in the "DV" Area, this coming, 2008, season?
I'm planning to be in the/this area for months !
Like to meet you and do some exploring & looking around!
I'm going to see if I can locate one of these underground rivers and video/photo the trip!
Also, I'd be....
Glad to have anyone else, whose intersted in this, come along...
Just drop me a line here !

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
I just saw a show about the diveers and that underground water system. Cameras went down with the divers and they were studying the Dogfish I believe it was called. Its a beautiful blue fish that lives down there in the crystal clear water. They said they have no idea how far the water goes down and that they have only ventured down around 150ft.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
This was a very interesting thread; I have never been to Death Valley but always wanted to do some poking around there, even if it is all "off limits" for prospecting and mining; just to explore it and see if that story about the underground city had any foundation in fact. The land-locked drainage basins are something of a mystery in themselves, for as our amigo Captain Bill posed, where DOES all that water go? Does it all just go into evaporation? What about the stories of a lost underground river? It is a most curious and mysterious valley, sure hope to spend some time there some day.
Oroblanco

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Oroblanco said:
This was a very interesting thread; I have never been to Death Valley but always wanted to do some poking around there, even if it is all "off limits" for prospecting and mining; just to explore it and see if that story about the underground city had any foundation in fact. The land-locked drainage basins are something of a mystery in themselves, for as our amigo Captain Bill posed, where DOES all that water go? Does it all just go into evaporation? What about the stories of a lost underground river? It is a most curious and mysterious valley, sure hope to spend some time there some day.
Oroblanco

Don't overlook the Panamint Range at the west side of the valley. Awesome in all respects.

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
very interesting thread. Now I know where Clive Cussler got his info in one of his books. He described these underwater rivers etc in a book.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This thread was started almost 5 years ago. Since then no one has checked out the area, Cptbil never made his trip and Badger Bart is missing. Let a dead thread fade away.

Cadillac Tom

Dec 27, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There being a vast system of underground caves and rivers makes sense, considering all of the land to the west of the Panamint range is now listed on the map as a "U.S. Naval Air Weapons Base". I also find it quite ironic that these "giant" mummies that have been found in the labyrinth of caves underneath the Panamint range have seemingly been acquired quickly and quietly by the Smithsonian (A federal entity), and that these remains are not on display, but are kept hidden from the public and labeled as taboo by academic scholars (whose research is also funded by the government). The existence of an ancient race of giants (or whatever they may be) is contrary to Darwinian evolutionary timeline, and it is QUITE ironic that there is a small town near the Panamint Range called "Darwin" and also "Darwin Falls". This is all very sketchy and thought-provoking stuff.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
This thread was started almost 5 years ago. Since then no one has checked out the area, Cptbil never made his trip and Badger Bart is missing. Let a dead thread fade away.

Apparently it is not dead, due to the lasting interest.

Welcome to T-net Cadillac Tom! :thumbsup: Great post!
Oroblanco

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently it is not dead, due to the lasting interest.

Welcome to T-net Cadillac Tom! :thumbsup: Great post!
Oroblanco

been years but one of the buildings had my grandfathers painting on the wall. wat I recall wuz horses but hay I wuz 6 years old

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There being a vast system of underground caves and rivers makes sense, considering all of the land to the west of the Panamint range is now listed on the map as a "U.S. Naval Air Weapons Base". I also find it quite ironic that these "giant" mummies that have been found in the labyrinth of caves underneath the Panamint range have seemingly been acquired quickly and quietly by the Smithsonian (A federal entity), and that these remains are not on display, but are kept hidden from the public and labeled as taboo by academic scholars (whose research is also funded by the government). The existence of an ancient race of giants (or whatever they may be) is contrary to Darwinian evolutionary timeline, and it is QUITE ironic that there is a small town near the Panamint Range called "Darwin" and also "Darwin Falls". This is all very sketchy and thought-provoking stuff.

Please share with us your data about what the Smithsonian is doing on this, and your source please. FOIA requests are easy to implement...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread