GA gold "Waterhouse treasure" possibly on "Rocky Face" mountain.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Last edited:

UpstateCacheHunter

Nov 21, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre with a Garrett pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're way off on the Bigfoot stuff. There is a lot of evidence but 99% of mainstream scientists refuse to acknowledge it because of the stigma that comes with it. There are cave paintings of Bigfoot next to orcas, beavers, bears, and eagles..all real creatures. There are so many sightings by reputable people, including police officers, forest rangers, game wardens, longtime woodsmen, and god fearing church goers, amongst many, many others.

The footprint evidence is plentiful and backed by professor Jeff Meldrum who has studied bipedalism, biology, and human / ape movement and foot structure. He has many examples of prints that have dermal ridges and metatarsal breaks. There are big differences in human and Bigfoot feet and the way in which they walk.

The skeptics always say where's the body? Where these things live is so vastly remote that finding remains are extremely rare. Even without the body there have been several DNA samples from Washington state that are unknown human / primate species. There are many videos that show movements, height, and speed outside of human capabilities.

I understand people like you that need everything to be black or white. Well there are on average 5,000 new species found every year. The circumstantial evidence for Bigfoot is overwhelming, and gets better every year. The proof is all over the place. Are there hoaxes? Absolutely, but you can usually point out the hoaxes immediately.

There is a lot of talk on both sides about the Patterson footage. Both men have went to their grave standing by the film. The guy that said he was in the costume, refuted his story. Also the costume quality in those days were below average. It would've been easier to make a male costume, not the atanomy correct female in the film. Jeff Meldrum and a team of kinesiology professors studied the movement of the creature on that film and pointed out the differences in its movements and its gate. The smile fact is that no scientist or computer wizard has ever proven the film to be a fake.

More evidence is available when you look at artist depictions of sighting reports. While hair color ranges from white, gray, to auburn, brown, and black, features are always the same and 99% of renditions all end up looking very similar. Several reputable people were tasked with having to take lie detector tests for their sighting by a certified poligrapher for a show on history. All of them passed with flying colors. Two of those that took polygraphs were police officers from Whitehall, ny who had two of the most reputable sightings in history. Both men saw the creature up close and reported features that only an up close encounter could account for.

I could go on for days with more evidence and reputable reports, but you still won't believe, even though it is pretty obvious that Bigfoot exists. Don't be so black and white. I've spent half my life in the woods and have never found a bear carcass.. Doesn't mean they don't exist.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You're way off on the Bigfoot stuff. There is a lot of evidence but 99% of mainstream scientists refuse to acknowledge it because of the stigma that comes with it. There are cave paintings of Bigfoot next to orcas, beavers, bears, and eagles..all real creatures. There are so many sightings by reputable people, including police officers, forest rangers, game wardens, longtime woodsmen, and god fearing church goers, amongst many, many others.

The footprint evidence is plentiful and backed by professor Jeff Meldrum who has studied bipedalism, biology, and human / ape movement and foot structure. He has many examples of prints that have dermal ridges and metatarsal breaks. There are big differences in human and Bigfoot feet and the way in which they walk.

The skeptics always say where's the body? Where these things live is so vastly remote that finding remains are extremely rare. Even without the body there have been several DNA samples from Washington state that are unknown human / primate species. There are many videos that show movements, height, and speed outside of human capabilities.

I understand people like you that need everything to be black or white. Well there are on average 5,000 new species found every year. The circumstantial evidence for Bigfoot is overwhelming, and gets better every year. The proof is all over the place. Are there hoaxes? Absolutely, but you can usually point out the hoaxes immediately.

There is a lot of talk on both sides about the Patterson footage. Both men have went to their grave standing by the film. The guy that said he was in the costume, refuted his story. Also the costume quality in those days were below average. It would've been easier to make a male costume, not the atanomy correct female in the film. Jeff Meldrum and a team of kinesiology professors studied the movement of the creature on that film and pointed out the differences in its movements and its gate. The smile fact is that no scientist or computer wizard has ever proven the film to be a fake.

More evidence is available when you look at artist depictions of sighting reports. While hair color ranges from white, gray, to auburn, brown, and black, features are always the same and 99% of renditions all end up looking very similar. Several reputable people were tasked with having to take lie detector tests for their sighting by a certified poligrapher for a show on history. All of them passed with flying colors. Two of those that took polygraphs were police officers from Whitehall, ny who had two of the most reputable sightings in history. Both men saw the creature up close and reported features that only an up close encounter could account for.

I could go on for days with more evidence and reputable reports, but you still won't believe, even though it is pretty obvious that Bigfoot exists. Don't be so black and white. I've spent half my life in the woods and have never found a bear carcass.. Doesn't mean they don't exist.

NOT about Big-Foot; about the "Little People" of Georgia mountains...

Joedion77

Jan 30, 2016
Tunnel hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Rfr

My buddy and I explored all over RFR last month. It's beautiful up there and the view is magnificent. Nothing unusual other than an abandoned jeep in one of the valleys that we couldn't figure out how it got there. ALso paid our respect to Mr. Disney's grave and explored the confederate entrenchments. Found a couple caves but no little people bothered us that day.
917EB24C-5486-43BE-8ABE-B38F17D78A69-7321-0000058447B5A4CA_zps9c66971c.jpg

EAFB4B08-C956-49C0-AEB1-CCA3273B31D1-7342-0000058645D313DA_zps1ec470c6.jpg

975D1F55-A124-4240-85A5-60B58F26BB40-7321-000005845870F8FF_zpsda07fd4f.jpg

I would like to know where or what section of Rfr the caves were on been looking had a couple of tips but spent all day one day looking and nothing text me or call if you want my name is joe 706-260-1766 anytime

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I would like to know where or what section of Rfr the caves were on been looking had a couple of tips but spent all day one day looking and nothing text me or call if you want my name is joe 706-260-1766 anytime
GREAT "PICS"! THANKS!

Joedion77

Jan 30, 2016
Tunnel hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I know where within 1 mile but not saying and yes it's solid let you know when it's found .....not . When it's found I'll disappear!!!

GoldenTimes

Tenderfoot
Jan 18, 2014
Detector(s) used
White detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of people have been looking for the gold in the wrong area, there is a Rockyface mtn near Fort mtn in murry county,ga. Rockyface Baptist church used to be located close by( the church is now called cisco Baptist church). Will Waterhouse lived in this area, why go to Dalton to hunt when you can do it in your own backyard in the Cohutta wilderness. Just something to think about!

bryang

Apr 18, 2012
ga
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the craziest funniest post I've ever actually took the time to read... So what if he's telling the truth? I like to think he is. Ok feel me. He's obviously not just going to make up some sh.. like that. I believe in fairy's or whatever you want to call them. Where's the proof? I have no explanation or proof for ghosts but I bet JT believes in this or Aliens? But grizzly has a good story and I think instead of calling him cray cray we should acknowledge that he had some encounter with fairy's. There are three types of humanoids creatures living on Earth I believe. Fairy's, Mermaids, and regular people. That's just me though!!! My theory is based on the scripture that says the owner of the house entrusted three servants with money I can't go any further than that you'd have to read it for yourself in Raels book intelligent design: a message from the designers where the nevermind. I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything further but the whole abuse of grizzlys character is... Cruel point being JT is a dck who thinks strait forward facts are the only thing not in question.

GoldenTimes

Tenderfoot
Jan 18, 2014
Detector(s) used
White detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the old timers used to talk about waterhouse, they also used to talk about hassler's mill where they used to grind corn up for the Indians. Interesting that everytime the Indians would pay for his services they would pay in gold. Wonder if they retrieved their gold from the same cave that waterhouse claimed he found.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have worked on this treasure story for about 40 years and as GoldenTimes said above, the Rocky Face in the story is not the one at Dalton. The bars retrieved were dory gold, and Waterhouse didn't discover it was gold until he took the bar into Chattanooga, a couple of years after the initial discovery, and had it examined. The span of time from initial retrieval to the revelation that it was gold was long enough to blur the memories of the exact spot of the caves location in the mountains. Waterhouse did continue to search for the location, but never did relocate it.

This treasure story involves a lot of unmentioned archaeological controversy involving presence of Maya settlements in the southeastern US, notably one near Sautee, GA, on Brasstown Bald, and involves several very powerful and dangerous players with deep pockets who are still actively seeking it. Note also there is an operational gold mine at the base of Fort Mountain where the Cherokee did battle with the Moon Eyes and destroyed them, leaving their mystical stone works on the mountain to be discovered by Longhunters in the late 1700's, and which by then lay in ruins with century old trees growing through the rubble.

A lot of disinformation has been released to obscure the actual area of this trove in an effort to keep the small time treasure hunter from making a major discovery, and also to confuse the competing factions who are presently involved in the search. This search at the present is more of a watch over the general region the treasure is supposedly located. These powerful corporate and government entities can't locate it with any current technology, so they watch and wait for either an accidental discovery, or a purposeful one by a treasure hunter. In either case the initial discoverer would be eliminated, either legally in a court of law, or physically if necessary.

The only operation that would even remotely work would be like the one carried out by Doc Ness at Victorio Peak from 1937 through 1949, where he hauled out a fortune in gold, one pack at a time over the course of about 10 years from the twisted and narrow cave passage he had discovered the lost gold bullion in. Note also, he was eventually killed in a gunfight in 1949 with a business associate he had brought onboard to help with the recovery. Gold Fever is a dangerous mental disorder which most humans can't deal with in a rational manner and can get you killed, easily.

The Cherokee had many gold mines in operation in the Georgia mountains, but they were closed and well hidden before the Indian Removal Act of 1838 came into play. Some have been located, reopened, and worked but most still lay undiscovered. There were seven Cherokee gold mines in operation at Dahlonega before the removal and only three were located by the miners who infested the region after the forced removal of the Cherokee. Many Cherokee had raw gold with which to barter for material goods from the white traders.

It's a long and twisted historical story involving early Spanish explorers, military deserters, Hasidic Jewish gold miners, runaway slaves, European settlers in the 1600's before history recognizes any such activity, Maya, Cherokee, Yuchi, and Appalachi Indians, giants, little people, pirates, war in a savage wilderness, and a trove of dory gold that could weigh in the tons. The story would make one hell of a book but the writer would probably end up in a fatal accident, or at least that is how it would appear, so the book shan't be written, at least not by me.

Good luck in your quest!

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Maya in Sautee, GA ? Near Helen, GA ? I've done a lot of hiking, rafting in the Chattahoochee (Lived in Chattanooga area for 20 yrs) but never came across stone ruins. Plenty earthen mounds, yes.

ThirtyDollars

Greenie
Jun 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just joined this site today and I'm already looking for a big shovel (for all the BS).

urbantreasure

Jun 7, 2013
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Waterhouse Treasure story was published in newspapers of that era and there are some references to it in historical, family papers, genealogical and/or county records. It gained more modern attention with the inclusion and publication in Ernest Andrews book Fabulous Treasure Hoards of Georgia. I found a completely unrelated treasure story from Andrew's book to be easily debunked by cross referencing more reliable records. What real, hard evidence is there that gold bars in a cave ever existed? It is true the story was published, probably true 7 men went hunting somewhere near Rocky Face, Cohutta, Ringgold or elsewhere in the N. GA mountains, probably true Andrews tracked down a Waterhouse family that may have been related to Will Waterhouse. But other than local lore, what proof has actually surfaced? Also, if well connected people/entities are actively searching for this fabled treasure, the technology exists today to actually find it. Very recently archeologists used a very expensive aircraft to locate a lost civilization in South America. I would think people with government/corporate/deep pocketed connections wouldn't have a problem doing the same. Just my two cents.

I have worked on this treasure story for about 40 years and as GoldenTimes said above, the Rocky Face in the story is not the one at Dalton. The bars retrieved were dory gold, and Waterhouse didn't discover it was gold until he took the bar into Chattanooga, a couple of years after the initial discovery, and had it examined. The span of time from initial retrieval to the revelation that it was gold was long enough to blur the memories of the exact spot of the caves location in the mountains. Waterhouse did continue to search for the location, but never did relocate it.

This treasure story involves a lot of unmentioned archaeological controversy involving presence of Maya settlements in the southeastern US, notably one near Sautee, GA, on Brasstown Bald, and involves several very powerful and dangerous players with deep pockets who are still actively seeking it. Note also there is an operational gold mine at the base of Fort Mountain where the Cherokee did battle with the Moon Eyes and destroyed them, leaving their mystical stone works on the mountain to be discovered by Longhunters in the late 1700's, and which by then lay in ruins with century old trees growing through the rubble.

A lot of disinformation has been released to obscure the actual area of this trove in an effort to keep the small time treasure hunter from making a major discovery, and also to confuse the competing factions who are presently involved in the search. This search at the present is more of a watch over the general region the treasure is supposedly located. These powerful corporate and government entities can't locate it with any current technology, so they watch and wait for either an accidental discovery, or a purposeful one by a treasure hunter. In either case the initial discoverer would be eliminated, either legally in a court of law, or physically if necessary.

The only operation that would even remotely work would be like the one carried out by Doc Ness at Victorio Peak from 1937 through 1949, where he hauled out a fortune in gold, one pack at a time over the course of about 10 years from the twisted and narrow cave passage he had discovered the lost gold bullion in. Note also, he was eventually killed in a gunfight in 1949 with a business associate he had brought onboard to help with the recovery. Gold Fever is a dangerous mental disorder which most humans can't deal with in a rational manner and can get you killed, easily.

The Cherokee had many gold mines in operation in the Georgia mountains, but they were closed and well hidden before the Indian Removal Act of 1838 came into play. Some have been located, reopened, and worked but most still lay undiscovered. There were seven Cherokee gold mines in operation at Dahlonega before the removal and only three were located by the miners who infested the region after the forced removal of the Cherokee. Many Cherokee had raw gold with which to barter for material goods from the white traders.

It's a long and twisted historical story involving early Spanish explorers, military deserters, Hasidic Jewish gold miners, runaway slaves, European settlers in the 1600's before history recognizes any such activity, Maya, Cherokee, Yuchi, and Appalachi Indians, giants, little people, pirates, war in a savage wilderness, and a trove of dory gold that could weigh in the tons. The story would make one hell of a book but the writer would probably end up in a fatal accident, or at least that is how it would appear, so the book shan't be written, at least not by me.

Good luck in your quest!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread