Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OK. Back to the subject of Swamp Gold. Does anybody have the OCTOBER 2003 issue of the LOST TREASURE magazine? The lost Civil War Gold bullion story is supposedly in this issue. If anyone has this Florida legend story please copy and print or give details. Thanks.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
JT:
Oh! Contare (?) ! ;D
I have the ability and I DO! use ...
A lap top computer hooked up to my cell phone... ::)
&
As long as I can get a cell phone signal ...
This "hook up"! (& software) allows me to access the internet when I am out in the field!
PS!
As far as the Spanish Silver Mine goes, I will be going into the area and see if my research is on..
OR!
If I didn't research the site correctly,
OR!
That, The Spanish Silver Cache/Mine, is not there!
Care to go along ? ???
I'll be in there, (So. Ariz.) :-\ around The Middle of May!
( MAY! This should give you plenty of notice! )
And you can see for yourself If my tales are not TRUE!
PPS:
I have made a media contact... ;)
Who is willing to go along and photo the search! :)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
OK. Back to the subject of Swamp Gold. Does anybody have the OCTOBER 2003 issue of the LOST TREASURE magazine? The lost Civil War Gold bullion story is supposedly in this issue. If anyone has this Florida legend story please copy and print or give details. Thanks.
HEY BIGCYPRESS- THE SWAMP GOLD YOUR REFERRING TO, IS IT FROM JOHN RACKMAN AKA-CALICO JACK? IF SO,THE ESTIMATED $2 MILLION LIES UP THE SHARK RIVER 10 MILES FROM OYSTER BAY ON THE "RIGHT" SIDE.THE ARTICLE DOESN'T STATE MUCH MORE THAN THAT OTHER THAN A BRIEF HISTORY OF CALICO JACK AND HIS PLUNDERINGS.THEY ALWAYS RETURNED TO THIER SHARK RIVER HIDE-AWAY WITH THIER LOOT AND BOUNTY.IN 1720 HE WAS CHASED UP SHARK RIVER A FEW MILES BY THE GOVERNOR OF JAMAICA'S WARSHIP,HE AND SEVERAL CREW WERE CAPTURED.WHEN JACK AND HIS CREWMEN ARRIVED IN PORT ROYAL,JAMAICA IN CHAINS THEY WERE OFFERED A CHANCE TO COME CLEAN AND TELL AUTHORITIES WHERE THEY HAD HID THIER HIDDEN CACHES OF TREASURE. ALL OF THEM DECLINED.THE TREASURE IS SUPPOSEDLY STILL THERE.THIS IS IN MARCH 2005 ISSUE OF LOST TREASURE MAG.MY OFFER STILL STANDS IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO DO SOME GRUNT WORK,I'M HERE! I LOVE AN ADVENTURE.HOPE THIS HELPS A LITTLE.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just reread your original post and see you were talking about a lost confederate payroll.I have heard something about it before.Sorry,but I don't have that issue,just ones from within the last year or so.Your right though,that area probably is untouched.So how about it,anybody out there have the Oct.2003 issue of Lost Treasure magazine?Surely someone does?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay,the link won't work when I tried it so,try googling it.Go to www.google.com and type in- john riley confederate payroll,it's the fifth result down.Lets try this link for some other info about florida lost treasures.....www.treasurelore.com/florida/florida_treasure.htm.Maybe this one will work,it's the sixth paragraph after the second picture on the page.This is all the actual article in the mag. stated also,verbatim.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks digg, but I already have that information. I am hoping the magazine article will have something different.
There are two Confederate gold legends. The one I am after is the gold coins buried by the Confederate paymaster. He was captured but they never found the money. I can see why. It is so easy to get lost or lose something there, even today.
The other legend is the Capt. Riley story where he was trying to take his gold bullion to Havanna. I don't believe this could be in Broward County. We need more information!
And we also have the Calico Jack story which is cool. 8)
Then there is the Cptbil legend which could be bigger. :-\Cptbil, if you're never coming back to Florida, give me a clue.
We will have to team up some day, digg. Right now I need to take care of myself first. My house is now up for sale. I should have sold it 6 months ago when the market was hot. I should still get a good price. I am starting to get stir-crazy. ;) Thanks again.
PS I like your avatar. ;D

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay thats the one where it says a paymaster fleeing federal troops buried $200,000 in gold coins in Hendry county and is supposed to be buried between alligator alley and 41 in the Seminole res.Which doesn't make sense because you and I know that the alley and 41 aren't in Hendry county,now or then.According to the article i'm reading it says John Riley "was chased into the Everglades by federal troops.He buried $500,000 in gold bullion in west central Broward county.I've emailed Randy(Jesse James)Sumter,he's the one who wrote the article.It says he welcomes all emails and inquiries from readers to help in any way pursue thier quest for discovery or clues pertaining to any of the sites he has written about.I wrote him last night so we'll see what he has to say,hopefully.Take care,get well and good luck with the house sale.I hope you make a killing like everyone else down here is in the market.It's still pretty hot.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
B.C.H.:
As I mentioned, I can't gave any thing on this site away!
It IS! TOO DARN! BIG!
Just to gave it away!
I'd sure hate to miss out just because.. :'(
I have done some research, That, apparently, is unknown ??? to the general TH'ing public !
And! By doing the reseach, I have found a real verified treasure!
AND! If someone were to find it, via any info that I gave out!
Guess what I'd get ? ::)
A Big Smile ? :-\
MAYBE!
BUT! More than likely, according to some of the responses around here,
I'd get a "Single Digit Salute" :-\

Mikemonster

Jun 20, 2005
Tallahassee Florida
Hey guys..
I'm not looking for this particular treasure but wanted you to know I got a call from a close friend just last night who is a Seminole living on the reservation. He told me he and his son often wade around the mangroves around shark river and collect bottles hung up in the roots. He says they are dated 1700's and 1800's. Some still corked with contents intack.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Aye Aye Captain.

MikeMonster, Thanks for the tip.

Mikemonster

Jun 20, 2005
Tallahassee Florida
Actually they are having a big Pow Wow in St. Augustine this weekend that I must attend. (hence his phone call last night) When I see him I'll get exact location.
He did say that the oyster beds will eat through a set of rubber boots in a hurry and that the bottle's found in the roots got replenished after a storm.
He said go in on a falling tide after a high wind storm with a large sack and plenty of bug spray.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Years ago, I used to search the Oleta River mangroves before they made a new bridge and fixed up the park. There were all kinds of bottles intertwined in the roots. They ranged from the 1700's to 1950. The manatees used to come by for a visit and a gulp of air. Must go at lo-tide. Need bug spray for salt marsh mosquitos. I don't know how many boots and shovels I lost.

I used to work with the Carnival in Immokalee for the Seminoles last year.

Thanks again.

JT

Mar 14, 2005
Johns Island, South Carolina
CptBill, if your research has found you the location of a BIG, HUGE, GIANT treasure in Florida, than why are you going looking in the deserts of the far West...particularly since you alledgedly already found one treasure in Florida? Doesn't make a lot of sense.....of course, there's the multiple BIG, HUGE, GIANT treasures that you've located in multiple locations, but you haven't actually recovered any of them....are you going for the one you found, but a storm chased you away?

It's not surprising that you would be greeted with a "one finger salute"....all the junk you post, and yet, no substance...there's nothing wrong with the hunt, and coming up empty, but come on...you've supposedly got treasures pinpointed from the swamps of Florida, to the deserts of New Mexico, to the ocean off Texas....and nothing to back it up, except your wild tales, and crayola typing.

I've got my opinion, but I'll keep it to myself for now....which is difficult, because the BS meter is ringing off the hook...

If you know where all of this "treasure" is, then back it up...otherwise, you may as well be a 14 year old on Daddy's computer spreading a healthy dose of manure around...

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
JT:
1...Where was this Treasure, that I had found, where the "storm" chased me away?
I remember only one reference to a storm, and that was when I was going up a canyon to see a Spanish Mine!
This mine is well documented...
So! I wasn't going up there to recover any treasure!
2...Where are all of these sites that I have "pinpointed" ?
I have one in Arizona...It sits right on the Az/Mex. Border!
Why don't I recover it?
If I were to leave camp, the "Illegals" would steal everything!
3...If you think that my "Storys" Are "BS",
According to your Above "Post"...
There you asked me...."Then BACK it UP!"

4...OK! I WILL!

;D [glow=red,2,300] I, challange you to come along! & See for yourself
[/glow] ;D
NOW!
I will be out from May to Dec.. or Longer!
This will give you more than enough prior notice to arrange for a/the time/trip!!
RIGHT?
WELL! Then!
When can I expect to see you?
I will be glad to give you more detailed info, equipment that you'll need, etc..!

PS! DO! Make sure that you, Come ARMED! As we'll need the Fire Power!
I AM DEAD SERIOUS ... U.S. Border Patrolmen have been shot & killed along this Border!
By ARMED Smugglers and Illegals!
Think that is "BS"?
Well! Just do a simple check and you'll see just how much "BS" this is !

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=cptbild

I will be out from May to Dec.. or Longer!
~~~~~
HI BILL: more or less where will you be? I have to be in Tucson in June, perhaps we can meet for coffee etc and a magnificent bs session? Maybe we can induce Jacko to join us? NO, I am not trying to go on one of your projects, I have all that I can do with Tayopa. (T A Y O P A , hehe )

Joseph curry - Till Eulenspiegle - Jose de La Mancha - Real deTayopa

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I found some good information on this Swamp Gold legend! ;D I found that a half-ton of gold bullion never made it to Fort Mead at the end of the Civil War! ::) Is this the same treasure as yours, Captain? Yes or No. :-X It may still be buried somewhere in my swamp. 8)

Does anyone know any history of Fort Mead during the Civil War? Anything at all could help.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It is spelled Fort Meade on modern maps and in what is now Polk County, Florida.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
RonS, that's the Fort I read about the Gold shipment that was to go through Fort Mead to Havanna, Cuba. (probably via Tampa). News of the advancing Union troops forced the Gold and it's accompaning detachment of troops into the Everglades. One-half ton Bullion buried in a swamp I am familiar with. 8)
I like the part about the roads. The roads are the first place to start. I need to do more research. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread