Swamp Gold - Page 52
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 52 of 119 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Swamp Gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    #BigCypressSwamp

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    2834 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I understand you believe no matter what. I understand you believe in dowsing and electronic LRLs. I want to believe but would like to see something besides a story made for treasure books.

We are not talikng about Uncle Harry's hidden cache. We are talking about a wagon load of goverment gold. I cant even find record that Capt Riley or any Confederate ever entered the deep Everglades let alone a detachment of troops with a wagonload of gold.

What are you hoping to come up with? A copy of a receipt for the gold shipment? A signed map showing where it is hidden? An old photo showing them burying it?
    I never asked for any of those things. For starters I would like to find record of ANY detachment of Confederate troops this deep in the Everglades. It doesnt take much for me to believe but we cant even find that!

us
    #BigCypressSwamp

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    2834 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    Deserters from Confederate armies in South Carolina and Georgia made their escape to South Florida and had camps throughout the Everglades.They were called "YELLOWNECKS",and formed bands that robbed and looted farms in that area.These yellownecks became so vicious in their activities that BOTH sides,UNION and CONFEDERATE had shoot on sight orders concerning these outlaw bands.
    Very possible. I reread the newspaper clipping and Im not convinced the finds are from a Confederate detachment.

Where does it say deserters made it to South Florida? Do you have a link?
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Jun 16, 2012 at 07:12 PM.

us
    #BigCypressSwamp

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    2834 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdogdad View Post

When you say that the indians do not believe in the gold I think you misconstrued what I said.
    Ok but this gold rumor has been going around at least since 1946. Its nothing new and most people dont believe it. The reason I started this thread was to find proof THAT ITS TRUE or COULD BE TRUE. I want it to be true.
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Jun 16, 2012 at 07:17 PM.

us
    #BigCypressSwamp

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    2834 times
    Quote Originally Posted by diggummup View Post
    I see this thread is active again. It didn't show up on my "subscribed threads". Unfortunately, the guy I used to do work for on Big Cypress Res. (and Hollywood Res.) passed away last year so I haven't been out there in a while. Nothing additional to offer yet, other than I have a nice vintage Ouiji board if you need it BigC.
    How much do you want for it?

Since you last checked ECS has identified Capt Riley as a famous blockade runner, Bramblefind and I have found the legend in 1949 newspapers and Bigdogdad says his partner dowsed the exact location and verified gold with an LRL.. I have agreed to ask permission when I go back to work in Sept.

You wont be seeing me in the What Is It Forum anymore. I finally got fed up with the new site. I just dont like it and its slow. Besides that I lost thousands of images deleted from the WII archives. All my hard work was not saved. Since the new TN is not interested in eliminating useless features, making the site more user freindly, or saving the archives, Im finished helping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swamp gold spatanburg herald.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	374.6 KB 
ID:	646008  
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Jun 16, 2012 at 07:46 PM.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    13666 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcypresshunter View Post
    I understand you believe no matter what. I understand you believe in dowsing and electronic LRLs. I want to believe but would like to see something besides a story made for treasure books.

We are not talikng about Uncle Harry's hidden cache. We are talking about a wagon load of goverment gold. I cant even find record that Capt Riley or any Confederate ever entered the deep Everglades let alone a detachment of troops with a wagonload of gold.

I never asked for any of those things. For starters I would like to find record of ANY detachment of Confederate troops this deep in the Everglades. It doesnt take much for me to believe but we cant even find that!
    One point that I have made-If you add up all the amounts of lost Confederate gold legends in all the states that have these legends,it would add up to over 20 times more gold than the CSA TREASURY ever had at its peak assets.
    The Confederate Treasury also kept great records-check the links signal provided.The Dalonega ,Ga $38,570 in gold bars lost is recorded there,but no mention of a 1/2 ton or any other major losses.
    Towards the end of the war,the CSA had less than $200,000 of gold in their coffers.
    Every legend has a kernal of fact in its tale,the only kernal I have found is"Harvey found a possible Confederate campsite". The rest appear to be embellishments ,created to sell newspapers and treasure magazines.

us
    #BigCypressSwamp

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    2834 times
    Bigdogdad I still dont understand why you and Ovid didnt go to the beaches and dowse some gold jewelry? Does it work this way?

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    13666 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcypresshunter View Post
    Very possible. I reread the newspaper clipping and Im not convinced the finds are from a Confederate detachment.

Where does it say deserters made it to South Florida? Do you have a link?
    I was on so many sites,some historical,some Florida family blog sites,I did not write down the several sites that contained this information.
    Word of caution if you google:There is an old movie,"YELLOWNECKS"-this is NOT where I found the information.
    One site I did write down- Books | Florida Historical Society -
    It contains a month by month timeline of all Florida events during 1861-1865,including the capture and cargo of the blockade runners.Take your time with this site-a great source of information,but the presentation is tedious.

us
    #BigCypressSwamp

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    2834 times
    One point that I have made-If you add up all the amounts of lost Confederate gold legends in all the states that have these legends,it would add up to over 20 times more gold than the CSA TREASURY ever had at its peak assets.
    The Confederate Treasury also kept great records-check the links signal provided.The Dalonega ,Ga $38,570 in gold bars lost is recorded there,but no mention of a 1/2 ton or any other major losses.
    Towards the end of the war,the CSA had less than $200,000 of gold in their coffers.
    Every legend has a kernal of fact in its tale,the only kernal I have found is"Harvey found a possible Confederate campsite". The rest appear to be embellishments ,created to sell newspapers and treasure magazines.
    Im not concerned about the amount. It could be exagerrated and I dont care if it was one bag of gold coins. I am looking for proof that a detachment of troops with a wagon entered the Everglades.

us
    #BigCypressSwamp

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    2834 times
    I was on so many sites,some historical,some Florida family blog sites,I did not write down the several sites that contained this information.
    Word of caution if you google:There is an old movie,"YELLOWNECKS"-this is NOT where I found the information.
    One site I did write down- Books | Florida Historical Society -
    It contains a month by month timeline of all Florida events during 1861-1865,including the capture and cargo of the blockade runners.Take your time with this site-a great source of information,but the presentation is tedious.
    OK great. A Historical Society is supposed to be the source.

I wonder how they messed up on Fort Knox unless the news added this embellishment. http://www.knox.army.mil/documents/C...r_Brochure.pdf
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Jun 16, 2012 at 07:57 PM.

us
    Mar 2012
    430 times
    Cache Hunting
    I actually did take Ovid to the beach. I also took him out in the gulf. I took him to the Everglades. I took him as far north as Pennsylvania. The beach was part of an elaborate test we did with him. He passed the test. I was not after trinkets. Maybe I should have been. When I saw what his powers were I decided to take him to as many places that I could before he died. That is why I have so many potential treasure sites.

I chose to put my initial dig efforts into the pirate chests in Englewood. Big mistake. Too hard to dig because of the water table. Made a big mess. Lost credibility with relatives. Backed off from treasure digging. Attempted other ventures. Time passed. Now old man myself. Ready to dig. Let's go. No B.S.

us
    #BigCypressSwamp

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    2834 times
    OK I think I understand but yes, you should have been and sorry about the credibility loss.. There is probably more gold on Florida beaches than anywhere else and all the dowsing stories that I read all seem to end the same. Why not take a sure thing? I always wondered why a good dowser doesnt just go to the beach everyday and load up on gold. With gold in every direction, maybe a dowsing rod doesnt know which way to point?

Treasure Coast does not contain just "trinkets." Spanish doubloons can be very valuable and they are without any shadow of a doubt several feet deep. The problem is no electronic device can go deep enough to pick them up. Its always been the same problem. Thats why cobs are only found after hurricanes strip several feet off the beaches or divers blow holes.

If I had access to such a device, I would head to the Treasure Coast lol but such a device of course does not really exist.

I wonder how deep Salvor6's PulseStar will signal on a single gold cob?
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Jun 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM.

us
    Mar 2012
    430 times
    Cache Hunting
    A friend of mine was introduced to dowsing when his uncle showed him how to dowse a ring on a beach. It got him hooked on treasure hunting. I agree that the beach may be loaded with gold. I have a theory as to where it is, how it got there and how to get to it. It also explains why you rarely find a gold coin at the beach.

I wish that I had done many, may more things with Ovid before he died. That is why the time is NOW to go after treasure. You never know when your time is up till it is too late.

us
    #BigCypressSwamp

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    2834 times
    A friend of mine was introduced to dowsing when his uncle showed him how to dowse a ring on a beach. It got him hooked on treasure hunting. I agree that the beach may be loaded with gold. I have a theory as to where it is, how it got there and how to get to it. It also explains why you rarely find a gold coin at the beach.

I wish that I had done many, may more things with Ovid before he died. That is why the time is NOW to go after treasure. You never know when your time is up till it is too late.
    "May be"? I find gold on the beach every 3rd or 4th trip but its not gold coins. The Treasure Coast has gold coins. Its common knowlege that gold and silver will sink over the years and cannot be picked up with a metal detector. This is common knowlege.

Its good to know that somebody finally found sometrhing dowsing. Too bad its "I know a friend of a friend who found something" lol...
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Jun 17, 2012 at 10:15 AM.

us
    Mar 2012
    430 times
    Cache Hunting
    You said that there is more gold on the Florida beaches than anywhere else. Do you have "documentation" to back this up? How much "research" have you done on this subject? Is this just another "story"? Sure, you can find lost jewelry on the beach, is this the gold you talk about? That is what I call trinkets. I think I know where the coins are. Getting them is on my "to do" list.

I will tell you again, Ovid and I found things. They were at the exact spot and depth that he said. Now reread that last line and let it sink in. I did not say "a friend of a friend". I SAW IT! You have obviously been around the wrong dowsers. You need to get out more. I bet your indian pals can dowse. Why don't you ask them.
    Last edited by Bigdogdad; Jun 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2008
    S. Hutchinson Island
    Excaliber II with homemade straight shaft
    271 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    You said that there is more gold on the Florida beaches than anywhere else. Do you have "documentation" to back this up? How much "research" have you done on this subject? Is this just another "story"? Sure, you can find lost jewelry on the beach, is this the gold you talk about? That is what I call trinkets. I think I know where the coins are. Getting them is on my "to do" list.

I will tell you again, Ovid and I found things. They were at the exact spot and depth that he said. Now reread that last line and let it sink in. I did not say "a friend of a friend". I SAW IT! You have obviously been around the wrong dowsers. You need to get out more. I bet your indian pals can dowse. Why don't you ask them.
    BDD-BCH is referring to the Spanish fleet that sank in 1715 along the treasure coast. You can read about it in the "Shipwreck" forum.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.-Mark Twain

Sponsored Links