Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Last edited:

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What is the prefered method? Doing endless research to try to find something in writing that PROVES a treasure exists and tells you the EXACT spot to dig? Good luck with that. Is it using conventional metal detectors to locate metal objects in the ground and then digging each and every one up? Where do you start? There is junk EVERYWHERE. Do you think I dig random holes? I just got an e-mail from my Miccosukee pal. He believes in Ovid, me, and my story. The spot at "Cloud Mountain" where I showed him Ovid said the treasure is did certainly not seem random to him or me. In fact it seemed like an exteremely good spot for treasure to be. Now that the spot is confirmed as far as a starting point and that we have an agreement, we will now use conventional electronics to pinpoint EXACTLY where and at what depth to dig. BCH-You totally underestimate me.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the prefered method? Doing endless research to try to find something in writing that PROVES a treasure exists and tells you the EXACT spot to dig? Good luck with that. Is it using conventional metal detectors to locate metal objects in the ground and then digging each and every one up? Where do you start? There is junk EVERYWHERE. Do you think I dig random holes? I just got an e-mail from my Miccosukee pal. He believes in Ovid, me, and my story. The spot at "Cloud Mountain" where I showed him Ovid said the treasure is did certainly not seem random to him or me. In fact it seemed like an exteremely good spot for treasure to be. Now that the spot is confirmed as far as a starting point and that we have an agreement, we will now use conventional electronics to pinpoint EXACTLY where and at what depth to dig. BCH-You totally underestimate me.
I don't know where "cloud mountain" is located but if it's on reservation land and there is a treasure found... good luck on getting any of it from your new Miccosukee pals.

A "Cloud Mountain" in Big Cypress-
everglades-cloud-mountain.png

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It is on reservation land. My Miccosukee pal has offered me a percentage for showing him where I think it is. Do you think he will back out of this agreement? I trust them more than I would trust any "white" guys and their lawyers. There are an awful lot of cynical people on this thread, especially the thread starter.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just being realistic. Any thing found on reservation land belongs to them. What someone says and what someone does is two different things when gold is involved. Cynical? Maybe but... gold fever has done many a strange thing to an honest man throughout history.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
diggummup-Heres the deal. Unless there is treasure buried on your own land you will have to hunt on someone elses property. State owned land is out. That leaves privately owned land or in this case land owned by the tribe. If you want to dig up treasure on someone elses private property and expect to keep some of what is found, you better have an agreement. Having it in writing is the best way to go. You are telling me "what someone says and someone does is two diffrent things". This will apply NO MATTER where you dig. It is the chance you have to take. I will trust my intuition. My Miccosukee pal will not do me wrong. I am not the least bit worried.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you showed your new Miccosukee pal where the treasure is buried, why does he need you? Yes, you are right, you gotta dig to find things, but so far, you havent been digging, but just trying to prove there is treasure there. It wouldnt have taken more than an hour to run a detector over that area, so why didnt you have one with you?? Since you KNOW where many treasures are, why not just concentrate on one, and see what happens? That means detecting and digging, but since you already know where these treasures are at, it shouldnt take long for the detecting, just do the digging. As I said before, no one used a back hoe to bury the treasure, so it shouldnt take one to did it up. Youve got too many irons in the fire!

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
maipenrai-My signature answers your first question. Maybe he needs a little push from me. Your second point, how do you know whether I have been digging or not? Third point, we had a deepseeking detector but are not competent with it and didn't use it. As far as using a backhoe to dig how do you know how deep stuff was buried? Have you ever heard of Oak Island? I am tired of people telling me how deep the treasures are. You don't know what you are talking about. Yeah I have lots of irons in the fire, more than you know. So what, it is my problem not yours.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
A hummock 100ft from the I-75 Alligator Alley roadway is not a mountain.
A "cloud mountain" in the Everglades is a term for a cloud formation over the Everglades.
Old South Florida folklore saying"You will find gold beneath a cloud mountain".
Alligator Alley is at least 80 mi too far south of any Union or Confederate activity during the Civil War.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A hummock 100ft from the I-75 Alligator Alley roadway is not a mountain.
A "cloud mountain" in the Everglades is a term for a cloud formation over the Everglades.
Old South Florida folklore saying"You will find gold beneath a cloud mountain".
Alligator Alley is at least 80 mi too far south of any Union or Confederate activity during the Civil War.

The hummock is much farther than 100 feet from Alligator Alley. I did not call the location a mountain. When I was on the site 20 plus years ago with Ovid a person that was working there told us the name given the spot was "Cloud Mountain". It was you that pointed out in a past thread what cloud mountain meant. Do you think it is a coincidence that the location Ovid guided me to and said there was buried gold was referred to as a place where gold was buried? As far as Union or Confederate activity goes I have stated that I don't know where this gold came from or am I concerned about it. It may have NOTHING to do with the Civil War.

Now that I was able to get back on the spot we had time to look around. We found evidence of long ago activity right at the spot on "Cloud Mountain" that Ovid pointed to. It is also very close to an old military trail. My new Miccosukee pal just happens to think that it was a relative of his that held the ceremonies there a long time ago. We will dig when the time is right.

BCH-I want to thank you for this thread. Without it my new pal would not have gotten a hold of me. If you hadn't been such a pain to deal with you may have been able to be in on this. I know you think it is all a waste of everybodies time so I guess you won't mind missing out.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
BCH-I want to thank you for this thread. Without it my new pal would not have gotten a hold of me. If you hadn't been such a pain to deal with you may have been able to be in on this. I know you think it is all a waste of everybodies time so I guess you won't mind missing out.
Your welcome BDD but I do NOT want my name associated with this dig.

That being said, I would be the first to congratulate you if you were somehow able to find gold by dowsing.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
You can lead a man to treasure, (you can tell him you know were a ton of gold is buried because a dowser once told you), but you can't make him dig. Amen.

I will give you credit BDD. With all the people you are meeting and your positive attitude, something good is sure to come out of this, if it hasnt already.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't say BigC has been a "pain to deal with" just because he spoke his mind. I'd call it being honest, something I hope you will encounter with your new Miccosukee friend/s, after the dig.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I was a pain to deal with because I need to know the truth before I get involved (as with any venture). I was initially excited when I was called into this (and I was called)and I tried to keep an open mind. Several months and the wishful thinking started to fade and in my opinion no evidence has been presented to prove that dowsing has any merit. It shouldnt take much longer to find out, as BDD has stated he knows the exact location. I hope this will be the end of it.

I dont hate dowsers and I dont think anyone else does either although Im sure there are some members that say I shouldnt be posting here lol. I dont really approve of dowsing being shoved down our throats and that is why the dowsing forum was created. Use it please. For these reasons I would not want to attend the dig, even if I was invited.

I dont see where Diggummup did any "hating" :icon_scratch:Im baffled there.. Myself, I try to be honest and opinionated but that often gets me in trouble. I dont hate dowsers. Why would I? I havent lost any money purchasing LRLs.

Last edited:
K

Kentucky Kache

I dont really approve of dowsing being shoved down our throats and that is why the dowsing forum was created. Use it please. For these reasons I would not want to attend the dig, even if I was invited.

And yet you think they should post in "today's finds." Your words, not mine.

I dont see where Diggummup did any "hating" :icon_scratch:Im baffled there.. Myself, I try to be honest and opinionated but that often gets me in trouble. I dont hate dowsers. Why would I? I havent lost any money purchasing LRLs.

We were talking about the Indians, not dowsers.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
BCH,another reason not to do this dig,besides the fact that the CSA never made it that far into the Everglades is:
BDD has mentioned many times that a native American shaman held a ritual on the hummock that he calls "Cloud Mountain"
What are the chances that the ritual was on a Calusa,Matecumbe,or Tequesta mound?
What reason would a shaman have to hold a ritual over CSA gold?
Digging into native American is a big NO in Florida!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
And yet you think they should post in "today's finds." Your words, not mine.

We were talking about the Indians, not dowsers.
YES of course they can post finds in Todays Finds. They should post empty holes and unsubstantiated claims in the dowsing forum.

I thought you where talking about native Floridians. My bad. BDD and Digg are both Floridians..

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
BCH,another reason not to do this dig,besides the fact that the CSA never made it that far into the Everglades is:
BDD has mentioned many times that a native American shaman held a ritual on the hummock that he calls "Cloud Mountain"
What are the chances that the ritual was on a Calusa,Matecumbe,or Tequesta mound?
What reason would a shaman have to hold a ritual over CSA gold?
Digging into native American is a big NO in Florida!
To tell you the truth ECS, I have lived in the BCNP for 2 months now and I never bothered to ask where Cloud Mountain is. I really dont care that much. As stated I have serious doubts that Ovid has found the location.

K

Kentucky Kache

YES of course they can post finds in Todays Finds. They should post empty holes and unsubstantiated claims in the dowsing forum.

I thought you where talking about native Floridians. My bad. BDD and Digg are both Floridians..

I've seen LRL users post finds before. They got attacked by a pack of wolves. I don't blame them for not posting. But didn't you make a statement that someone (either an LRL user, or a dowser) had posted about something he found? Do you not believe him?

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I've seen LRL users post finds before. They got attacked by a pack of wolves. I don't blame them for not posting. But didn't you make a statement that someone (either an LRL user, or a dowser) had posted about something he found? Do you not believe him?
I only found one (1) post of a dowsing find in Todays Finds. He said his dowsing rod led him to the foundation and his metal detector found a couple coins. If dowsing was so good dont you think more finds would be made? Sure I believe he found a couple coins but I also think any old foundation would yeild a few coins. Dont you?

I do not generally read Todays Finds. I only did a search with the key word dowsing. I dont know anything about the pack of wolves thing. As far as I am concerned, hunters can hunt by any means and post anywhere. The empty holes get kinda old though and the unsubstantiated claims..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread