Roslyn pictures

bigjohn835

Jan 10, 2009
Hegins Pennsylvania
Roslyn has little or nothing to do with the Masons. It does actually predate known freemasonry. It is made famous by the templars fleeing persicution to scotland. They are said to have been in that area. Corn, wheat, or fruit is usually symbolic of good fortune, or just fertile land. It is a theory, that freemasonry was derived as byproduct of templars going into hideing. It is supposed that they simply change the name to avoid death by the pope and english king.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Roy,

[Cactusjumper wrote

Why are there no written documents describing the amazing crop that they found? The logic that the carvings depict corn escapes me. In fact, it is illogical.]

"Perhaps such a document does exist? The narrative of Nicolo Zeno, which some have proposed is a record of a voyage by Henry Sinclair to America. As Sinclair's voyage seems to have been kept (relatively) secret, there is no reason to expect we will find public chronicles describing in detail where he went and his activities. It is unlikely they got the knowledge from Norse contacts, as the areas visited by the Norse explorers and colonists were quite far north - too far north for growing corn."

The Zeno Narrative was published almost 100 years after Columbus arrived in America. There is nothing in the Zeno account that, in any way, connects it to the Sinclairs. The Sinclairs themselves were strangly silent concerning this history-making journey. Not one document, or even casual reference, is known to exist in the family's history.

The trip, IMHO, is pure fiction. As you know, the narrative was published anonymously in 1558. That document certainly did exist, and Richard H. Major translated it from the original Italian, and republished the book in 1873. It is believed that he changed a good deal of the text to conform to the fictional Sinclair involvement, which had been put forth (originally) by the 1780s travel writer, John Reinhold Forster.

The two Henry Sinclair historians, Father Hay being one, had nothing to say about these fantastic sea voyages. Van Bassan was the other, and neither would have missed such a great story. In fact, among others, it would have been something they would have created out of whole-cloth.

Just my opinion.

Take care,

Joe

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
HOLA amigos,
Cactusjumper wrote
It is believed that he changed a good deal of the text to conform to the fictional Sinclair involvement,

Do you know of any source(s) that will corroborate the statement, to support the idea that he changed the original text? Thank you in advance,

I would also point out that the fact the Zeno narrative was PUBLISHED almost a century after Columbus' voyages, that does not exclude the possibility that the documents existed well before this, but were simply NOT made public. Navigational secrets were slow to become public knowledge, even well into the so-called "Age of Discovery". In fact this would be strong motive to keep such a document from the public, only releasing it when the geographical knowledge it contained were no longer unknown to the general public. (There are other examples that would parallel this case.)
Oroblanco

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Oroblanco;
The key word is BELIEVED my friend. There is no proof that Columbus ever set foot on the mainland. Also, they maintained records of what he brought back from the New World and corn was not listed.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
HOLA amigos,
Lamar wrote
The key word is BELIEVED my friend. There is no proof that Columbus ever set foot on the mainland.

I must again beg to differ, you need only read the accounts of Columbus' third voyage and compare them with a map to see clear evidence that he landed at least two places on the main continents. Also ee NARRATIVE OF THE THIRD VOYAGE OF COLUMBUS AS CONTAINED IN LAS CASAS'S HISTORY some is online at:
http://carnaval.com/americas/Columbus-in-1498-by-LasCasas.html
which would indicate Columbus explored the delta of the Orinoco river in 1498. Most historians grant that Columbus did in fact land on the mainland continents, based on what evidence we have, at least by 1503.

Lamar also wrote
Also, they maintained records of what he brought back from the New World and corn was not listed.

Perhaps you misread my earlier post, I was in agreement with that portion of your statements. I am not proposing that Columbus brought American corn to Europe.
Oroblanco

OP
OP
JakefaePa

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
cactusjumper said:
Newt,

"Cactus jumper , thats a good point but for one slight detail , whos to say they didnt bring corn back ? It would never have grown in Scotland , it would fail to grow."

Sorry, I believe you are badly mistaken here. Corn grows quite well in Scotland, but as I understand it, they call it maize.

Take care,

Joe

Thats odd , i grew up there and lived there the last 25 years ,in total ive lived there 35 years and ive never seen a cornfield ..not ever

OP
OP
JakefaePa

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
While im waiting for piccies of cornfields in Scotland ;D heres a few pics of "downstairs" within Roslyn chapel

Attachments

• 100_0040.JPG
    100_0040.JPG
    337.6 KB · Views: 1,115
OP
OP
JakefaePa

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Whats your take on this particular stone Lamar ? Im sure you know of it , thank you

Attachments

• 100_0047.JPG
    100_0047.JPG
    338.6 KB · Views: 1,098

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
THANK YOU NewtoPa for the additional pix! Does that stone say,

KING OF TERRORS

...thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

OP
OP
JakefaePa

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
How would you like to be down there alone and read what it said on that stone ?

Attachments

• 100_0046.JPG
    100_0046.JPG
    323.6 KB · Views: 1,070

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
NewtoPa wrote
How would you like to be down there alone and read what it said on that stone ?

I would be okay with the being down there alone part, so long as I was un-aware of what was on that stone! ;D :D :wink:

What a peculiar inscription to have, the imagery and inscription is most curious.
Oroblanco

OP
OP
JakefaePa

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
This next item im going to reduce size on it because i have the full blown shot of it and i took the risk of going down there blah blah blah
This might very well be that this will be the first time this item has ever been seen on the internet.
Its a shame to reduce size but this is "my find" as it were..hold on to your hats

Itll take me a minute to do that..feel free to go get a fresh cup of whatever..smoke'em if ya got'em

OP
OP
JakefaePa

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
I can post this one in full , i took a lot of piccies of this ..i know for a 100% fact this was an area i had "got lost" and should not have been in.
I took nothing and left nothing but footprints in the dust.

Attachments

• 100_0049.JPG
    100_0049.JPG
    297.6 KB · Views: 1,079
OP
OP
JakefaePa

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Heck of a wardrobe..gotta say

Attachments

• 100_0050.JPG
    100_0050.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 1,049
OP
OP
JakefaePa

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
That was my reaction when i seen it Oroblanco..i was gobsmacked

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear JakefaePa;
The King of Terrors Stone is a chillingly stark example of a 17th century guild stone. It seems that with the beginning of the Guilds in Europe, it soon after wards became popular for the various guilds to leave a permanent reminder of their contributions to society by inscribing dates, etc on a piece of the structure they had built.

The lettering and style places the carving in the early 17th century, however this does not mean that the entire block was carved during that period. It would seem that the original stone block may have been carved 100-200 years earlier and the lettering added later. Please be advised this is only surmation as I have not studied the work in great detail, and for good reason.

When I visited Roslyn Chapel there were no electric lights inside the structure at the time, and in the natural lighting the structure took on a very evil pall, at least to a young mans' highly vivid imagaination. In short, I did not wish to lollygag about.

This was particularly true of the stone masons and the practice is examplified on buildings from the 15th century onwards. One may plainly see the date the structure was completed on a portion of the building, usually a cornerstone or a capstone, often with an epitath, and during later periods, with the name(s) of the orignal owner(s).

As the stone masons emmigrated westwards to the Americas, they brought their practices and customs with them and because of this the old buildings in the United States and Canada all share this same practice. it was not until after the 1930s that this practice gradually fell into disuse, sadly enough.
Your friend;
LAMAR

OP
OP
JakefaePa

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Yep..its pretty obvious the original stone is set on a new block as it were..ive never considered Roslyn...or any church for that matter an evil feeling place...although there are a great many reasons to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread