More info on spanish archive?

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
jgodfrey1:
There are also archives in Mexico City !
Also!
500,000 Early Spanish Documents have been transfered to the U of A in Tucson.
But! All of these archives are in Early Spanish!
If you think that Early English Documents are hard to read & understand, wait until you try Spanish!? ?:P
Send me an email, with your email address, and I'll send you a copy of an early Spanish Map!
Then, You can see what I mean!

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
jgodfrey1:
:o A Warning! :-\
I just remembered, awhile back, there were two "scam artists" :-\ on the "net"!
They claimed to have had connections, OR! were connected,
AND! That They just happened to be/were going to the "Archives" themselves, to do some kind of research!
AND! That, being such "Good Guys", ::) they would look up your site or do research for you!
But!
HURRY! They were leaving in a week, ;) for the Archives, and that, you needed to send them xxxxx dollars before they left!!
Would you believe it? ::)
Some people actually sent them money! :-\ :-X ::)

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure where you are located, but the Headquarters of the Spanish North of Mexico City was in Santa Fe, NM. The miners had to leave registered copies of ALL their mines at one or more of these Centers of Government (Seville, Santa Fe, Mexico City, or Acapulco). This was a requirement of Spain to get permission to begin mining operations in the New World. This was a requirement for a couple of reasons; First, the King of Spain at times sent inspectors to verify the validity of the maps, Secondly, In case anything happened to the mining party(Indians, disease, etc), another expedition would be able to follow in their footsteps to recover their cache, or continue to work the mines. The reason for BOTH of those reasons was simple: THE KING ALWAYS MADE SURE HE GOT HIS 1/5TH (Royal Quint) of anything of value from the New World!

I would start in Santa Fe, and work my way from home.

Another source of maps and mining information on the New Worlds is the Vatican! Until Phillip kicked the Jesuits out of the New World in 1767, they were involved in every aspect of mining (they used the Indian converts as slave labor to dig the mines, so Priests were there every step of the way). The only problem is that the Vatican is loathe to give any information out as they are the greediest **********s in the world, and would rather let it rot in the Earth than have anybody but them get it!

Good Luck-Mike

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Polygragh and if needed sodium P
Hi Mike!I recieved your pm this morning,sent you an email,sorry it took me awhile to get back ;D
MesaB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions